Not Sure I Like the Fewer Sales Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
just an observation, mr. jam...its VERY difficult to "make friends" on a forum where youve never visited and youve not attempted to help anyone...if you want to sit HERE and talk like a 92 year old man about the 'VERY , VERY VERY FEW OF US LEFT FROM OUR HEYDAY"...no one can stop you...more power to you...THIS is not the HEYDAY...THIS IS NOW...

my 92 year old uncle sits and talks for hours about how few of his friends are still alive that survived at Pearl Harbor...just like him...you can sit and wallow...or you can do something different...there are some really nice folks over on the "other (fake) forum" and lots of new folks too, who could really use the expertise that you "old vapers" supposedly possess...

its kinda like this...i've been a member of the DAR for 48 years...i attended meetings back in the seventies...but havent been active or gone to any meetings in years...my cousin just joined DAR...she goes to every meeting..sits on the board of directors, shes even on every committee she can handle...now which one of us REALLY knows ANYthing that is going on with DAR today??? my 58 years of sitting at home (complaining that i dont have any "friends there like i did in its heyday") or her 5 years of being active in every way she can???

i'm just saying...all that makes me is an old woman with a 50 year pin coming to me...who have *I* helped recently?

I dont think Jam meant any harm at all with that statement,he and Jeffree have been friends here for quite some time. I think it was just a harmless comment not meant to stir any ill feelings or debate. Lets try to get along and let it go. I feel terrible that every thread is being ruined.

Via!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Jacksonville FL
I will probably be buying a bit more then I used to from other vendors though :blush:.

i agree, Blight...i never signed a contract saying that i would never purchase ANY product from ANY other vendor...the best thing V4L ever did for me (other than help get me off the stinkies) was to stop having so many sales...i would have happily gone along like a fish in the stream....only using ONE VENDOR for EVERYTHING...V4L has the BEST STICK BATTS in existence!!! and they have several very very good juices...and they have GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE...and and EVEN BETTER FORUM for everyone to enjoy...some great folks are at both the V4L Forum...and the ECF sub forum...

and i apologize for going on a rant here...but...

BOTH of the forums have their audience...and different needs are served at EACH one...most of the folks that are here at THIS forum do not NEED what the other forum offers...you already know how to fill your tank, lift your post, check your charger, etc, etc, etc...but, just because the folks over there need to know some of that information or desire to help others FIND that information doesnt make those folks not WORTHY of your respect....

are yall so self-inflated to think that THEY, when they have "outgrown" the "other" forum, are not able to come over here and "lurk" and watch the way you talk about them? do you think they dont see that you "dismiss" them as somehow being inferior to you? READ what you have SAID about THEM over HERE...READ the comments that some of YOU have come over THERE and said to THEM...

you people dont come over there to lend your expertise...you only go over there to gloat about how long you have been vaping...you dont come to TELL them what they NEED TO KNOW...you sit over here, and cry in your juice about how no one is left from the "heyday"...and you think that you are "too good" for the "other forum" and MOST of you come across that way on the FEW OCCASIONS you DO come over....

but there ARE EXCEPTIONS:

i DO CONGRATULATE the folks whose names i recognize over here that have come over there TO HELP, TO BE A PART OF THE GROUP...mr. BLUE ADEPT, THANK YOU...INCANTUS, THANK YOU...SAG, THANK YOU...ELENORR,THANK YOU

AND Mr. Morandir and Mr. SnowDragon, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! and of course, Mr. Wader...THANK YOU (especially for all the FTWs I've earned!!!)

as for the rest of you...why dont you look at yourselves...and see if this is the way you want to live your life...

Via!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Jacksonville FL
I dont think Jam meant any harm at all with that statement,he and Jeffree have been friends here for quite some time. I think it was just a harmless comment not meant to stir any ill feelings or debate. Lets try to get along and let it go. I feel terrible that every thread is being ruined.

i didnt mean any harm, either, keyzy girl...im not trying to stir any ill feelings or debate...somehow, it seems ok when an ecf person wants to spout of their mouth about how inferior the "other forum" is...when youve NEVER BEEN THERE...

it wasnt YOU that said it keyzy..i dont know why YOU feel bad...ive been lurking here for 2 months watching how you people talk about the other forum...why is it ok for every one else to say what THEY THINK, BUT I CANT???

because I AM NOT GETTING ALONG??? WHAT, I AM SUPPOSED TO BE A RUG OF SOME SORT?

Whistles

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
Hutchinson
hmm... *puts down popcorn*

All I can say is yes the forums are different.... Yes there is trash talking about the forums on each side... No this forum isn't for just old vapers who know a lot... There are a lot of people that are on here who don't know how to fill tanks, raise posts, check chargers... and whatnot.... Lurk around for a few more months... and please keep posting nothing wrong with being active/inactive, you will notice that a lot of questions are asked on here.

Sorry you took that image from the ecf boardies... but I don't think you saw what Jam was talking about when he said heyday.... this forum used to have a very different tone and active group... Most of that is gone now and it has slowed down considerably.

Actually a lot of us hopped on to the V4L board when it started because it had the feel this board used too... but things changed gears a tiny bit... most of us dropped back off, and it wasn't because of newer vapers, or too many questions getting asked.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Yoo hoo, jbmcdan -- Can we talk about cats now? :)

whatimnotontable.jpg

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California
holy hell it just aint worth it no more ....but for the record Jamvector has been a nice comomunity member here with lots of friends for along time .
I cant even address the rest im so ticked and it wont get thru anyway.NO one has the obligation to be on two forums ,its america .I wouldnt be offended in the least and i dang sure wouldnt speak ill of people and yet again judge them voer there if i never even talked to them .Most of these people have been here way longer then my measly year and have formed bonds .
I am trying to write this without emotions ,without names ,and without capitals all tho i can assure you i am ...... beyond the anger you seem to have in your above post .And ,you are not helping v4l by coming over here to post angrily about some of their beloved people who helped this co grow .
We may pay if forward in ways you do not know ,we trade ,we give ,and we help elsewhere .Lots of good people here who walk the walk .Morandir is as valued here as he is there ,altho he is a v4l mod there .We also "peruse" over there and all we see is one upmanship and hoohah measuring .NONE ( cept for a few ) have been anything but maligned over there .WHy would we go back for more .????????????????? NO ONE would go over there and moderate and rant like you have .
MY MANY BELOVED FRIENDS HERE ...YOU HAVE MY EMAIL AND WELL BE IN TOUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS A GREAT YEAR .

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
OK folks we have several different communities so that people can hang where they feel most comfortable (here, V4L Forum, FB). There is no reason to be fighting between the different groups, it's just silly. I'm closing this thread and if any other threads like this pop up, they will be deleted. Everyone has been warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread