Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I know Nuppin' about Final Fantasy, not a gamer. Do remember when the ex's family from 5 states got together in Scottsdale at M-I-L's house for Easter late 70's, driving three B-I-L's around town doing errands and stopping by a shop one of them wanted to visit. It was a D&D shop and there was a couple of dozen locals role playing Dungeons & Dragons dressed as their chosen persona's. Interesting, but not my thing... I grew up playing pinball machines, and billiards.

A video game I had played some years before at a bar in Alameda, CA though...

pong1.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Have all 5 Nuppin's back in service on 5 of my LPG's. I got tired of messing with all the 22mm atty's that all stink IMO and put them aside. Doubt I'll build the 4 Pekos now since not running those atty's is probably going to be their permanent status. The Nuppin's just work very well for me... same as almost all the small footprint atty's.

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
I am just not able to get good flavor out of my Nuppin. My Odin gives me better flavor. My latest build is dual coils, 26g kanthal, 8 wraps, on the small mandrel on the coil gizmo, .44ohms, wicked with ReadyXwick. My Odin still is putting out better flavor. I have tried singles at 1.2ohms, doubles at .8ohms, slanting my coils, moving them further out on the deck, ughhhh. Frustrated!

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I am just not able to get good flavor out of my Nuppin. My Odin gives me better flavor. My latest build is dual coils, 26g kanthal, 8 wraps, on the small mandrel on the coil gizmo, .44ohms, wicked with ReadyXwick. My Odin still is putting out better flavor. I have tried singles at 1.2ohms, doubles at .8ohms, slanting my coils, moving them further out on the deck, ughhhh. Frustrated!

I find that it's all about coil height; as is true with all RDAs. With my Nuppins, the coils need to be centered on the air inlets, or slightly above. Bottom of the coils even with the center of the air inlets.

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Thanks to everyone's advice here, I tried both the twisted 30 gauge dual coil at 0.5 ohms and the dual 28 gauge coils, also at 0.5 ohms. Both setups are awesome and produce great flavor.

For me, I'm going to stick to the 28 gauge duals. They are easier to build, and produce a slightly warmer vape. The twisted 30 gauge heated up just a little slow for my taste and, while the flavor was ever so slightly better, the vape was a bit cool for my taste.

Has anyone tried twisted 32 gauge? I wonder if that would give me the flavor boost while still being a warm vape?

Anyway, thanks for all the help. The Nuppin is awesome! In fact, even with a chalice III, I still find myself coming back to it time and time again. Really, I just need a second Reo so I can have them both in my rotation!

Bits scrambled by Tapatalk...

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Nuppins are great little attys, for sure. But I like a little variety. I'm running 2 Nuppins, an RM4, and an Odin.

Variety can be the spice of life in many things. But not so with some of my bf atty's. I don't like my Atomic much, so seriously doubt any other mid size atty will unseat the Nuppin's on my Reos. Currently running 5 of them on 5 LP Grands. Would be 6 if I found another base to use with an extra V2 top cap so I could take the Lancia off that LP Grand. Have been trying out other builds on the Nup's lately. There was nothing wrong with the ones in them... so just an excuse to fiddle with them. ;)

Other daily drivers on my other Reos are a Chalice II, 3 Chalice III's, a Hornet, 2 VA Cyclones, an IGO-S, RM3 and 2 RM2's. Have lots of extra backup small atty's of various lineage I don't see using except as backups. The Lanica will join all the other 22mm atty's that are set aside, and I'm in no hurry to buy any more 22mm atty's. Their only chance again is if I ever do decide to build the 4 Peko's that are also set aside with an unknown future.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
For those with both the v1 and v2 Nuppin, which version do you prefer or are they pretty much the same? I know about the aesthetic difference of the v1 "lip" on the bottom but other than that, is there really a positive difference between the two?

I personally like my V1's better, but that is mainly because with the bottom flange they never leak. For the most part the V2's are just fine too, but my vaping style does push them hard enough to leak a little since they don't have the flange to stop it. An odd man out thing... I doubt other folks have any issues.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I like the V2 because, without the flange, you can reduce the chamber size even more, by backing out the center post a bit, so the atty base sits up off the drip well on the Reo a bit, and pushing the Nuppin cap down, until it contacts the drip well. I don't have a V1, but it just seems the V2 is a bit more versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread