Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Well... Last night, as you probably already know... since I couldn't sleep, I grabbed some pics of the Moon. The idea being to quiet my mind a bit by focusing... on focus etc. While I was out, I also noticed that orion was up and it was nice and bright. It was late and to get a good set of photo's I'd need for astrophotography wasn't in the plans but I did take a few quick shots which didn't come out well because I forgot to set the f-stop for dim shots after shooting the bright Moon.

No biggy I told myself... I had made plans to try to take the time for the pics of orion tonight instead... Unfortunately it turns out Mother Nature decided to water the lawns around here instead... No rain just yet, but the skies are overcast. Perhaps for another night.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Well... Last night, as you probably already know... since I couldn't sleep, I grabbed some pics of the Moon. The idea being to quiet my mind a bit by focusing... on focus etc. While I was out, I also noticed that orion was up and it was nice and bright. It was late and to get a good set of photo's I'd need for astrophotography wasn't in the plans but I did take a few quick shots which didn't come out well because I forgot to set the f-stop for dim shots after shooting the bright Moon.

No biggy I told myself... I had made plans to try to take the time for the pics of Orion tonight instead... Unfortunately it turns out Mother Nature decided to water the lawns around here instead... No rain just yet, but the skies are overcast. Perhaps for another night.
One of the guys that works for me loves the stars. He saved up for some $600 telescope he was dreaming about. I believe it connects to his laptop and gives a big picture through it also. He, and his friends, get together, get blitzed, watch and talk about the heavens.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Despite the overcast skies... I did get a little bit of a stars fix...

I went back to my stacked photo of Orion from last Feb. ( I took over 100 shots to help eliminate the noise from a high ISO setting )... And started over on the post processing from that point. The original completed shot was portrait instead of landscape and this time I played with the tone curves a lot more which allowed me to tweak out the nebula's colors more as well as keep the background dark as an exposure tweak would have brightened everything including the background... I would have cropped in a little closer, but the stars were already trailing a little even though the total pic time was only for a couple of seconds.

Autosave-Edit-2-1_1280.jpg

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
One of the guys that works for me loves the stars. He saved up for some $600 telescope he was dreaming about. I believe it connects to his laptop and gives a big picture through it also. He, and his friends, get together, get blitzed, watch and talk about the heavens.
is this the same guy who dropped his mod in da toilets an drowned its ?
thumb_unsure3-1.gif

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Hello Moonies ? Can you comes ober and werks fer me todays ?
agphone_zpsopmeq254.png
Sorry Babe, it's been two weeks of 10/14 hour days anything more strenuous than fluffing pillows or lifting a fork AIN"T gonna happen today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread