cartoon land,usa
fd481b82d4bcacca6440c54d58f04a25.jpg

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Well... now I've got a good reason to not like Mac computers... not just the "I want to do it my way" one I've always touted ...

On Monday, I setup a new clients network which included a new all in one network printer and two computers... One computer was a Windows 10 ( cheapy HP ) and one a 27" iMac all in one. Everything went well considering. Yesterday I get a text message that they are having troubles printing from the iMac to the printer and to get it going, they've got to turn off and back on the printer. So.. I setup an appointment with them for this afternoon.

I get there and on the Mac, it lists two printers instead of just one ( both the same printer )... in addition, the Windows computer still prints and scans just fine. So I double check the settings on the printer to make sure things are fine there... remove the printers on the iMac and re-install one... only it doesn't give a scan option this time.

From what I'm reading... it seems a pretty common issue. If I'm reading it correctly, if the scan option doesn't show... I have to manually delete the printer folder and the corresponding scanner files ( twain )... then re-install everything from scratch. What worries me is that I also saw that Apple updated the drivers on Weds... which makes me wonder if that is where the problem began or not.

Stupid Macs... :D

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
OBG...

Looks like you should keep your vehicles inside tonight. According to the NWS website, you may see storms in your area starting around 1am. They also list a 2% chance of tornadoes quite a bit south of you so hopefully you won't have that to worry about.

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Well... now I've got a good reason to not like Mac computers... not just the "I want to do it my way" one I've always touted ...

On Monday, I setup a new clients network which included a new all in one network printer and two computers... One computer was a Windows 10 ( cheapy HP ) and one a 27" iMac all in one. Everything went well considering. Yesterday I get a text message that they are having troubles printing from the iMac to the printer and to get it going, they've got to turn off and back on the printer. So.. I setup an appointment with them for this afternoon.

I get there and on the Mac, it lists two printers instead of just one ( both the same printer )... in addition, the Windows computer still prints and scans just fine. So I double check the settings on the printer to make sure things are fine there... remove the printers on the iMac and re-install one... only it doesn't give a scan option this time.

From what I'm reading... it seems a pretty common issue. If I'm reading it correctly, if the scan option doesn't show... I have to manually delete the printer folder and the corresponding scanner files ( twain )... then re-install everything from scratch. What worries me is that I also saw that Apple updated the drivers on Weds... which makes me wonder if that is where the problem began or not.

Stupid Macs... :D
O.E. ,,,,,,, possibly??? :D

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Holy Crap did the Marlins ever get their butts kicked tonight 12-2

So in the middle of the third inning I run up to get a pepsi,,,,,,,,,gone maybe a total 4 minutes
and while i was gone a foul ball literally landed on MY EMPTY SEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they guy that was siting one empty seat a way from me got it, and gave it to a young boy that was sitting near us, I'd of done the same ,,,,,,,, prolly

BUT the icing on this cake is when we got home they were re-airing the game, got home during the top of the first inning, so I'm like cool atleast I get to see the ball that could have been mine.

Well when the re-air the game the edit it down to fit into a 2 hour time slot,,,,,,,,, and yes friends & neighbors You guessed the fouls ball was edited out of the broadcast.

So not only did I get screwed out of catching a foul ball, I got screwed out of seeing myself get screwed.

But Hey it was a night at the ballpark, so even with the marlins getting clobbered and me not catching the foul ball it was an awesome night

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Holy Crap did the Marlins ever get their butts kicked tonight 12-2

So in the middle of the third inning I run up to get a pepsi,,,,,,,,,gone maybe a total 4 minutes
and while i was gone a foul ball literally landed on MY EMPTY SEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they guy that was siting one empty seat a way from me got it, and gave it to a young boy that was sitting near us, I'd of done the same ,,,,,,,, prolly

BUT the icing on this cake is when we got home they were re-airing the game, got home during the top of the first inning, so I'm like cool atleast I get to see the ball that could have been mine.

Well when the re-air the game the edit it down to fit into a 2 hour time slot,,,,,,,,, and yes friends & neighbors You guessed the fouls ball was edited out of the broadcast.

So not only did I get screwed out of catching a foul ball, I got screwed out of seeing myself get screwed.

But Hey it was a night at the ballpark, so even with the marlins getting clobbered and me not catching the foul ball it was an awesome night
OMGAWDS You missed da ball ober a freakin pepsi ???!!???:facepalm: Dat really sucks. Iffin I eber gets you to takes me dere you ain't gettin outta dat seat fer nuthin buddys :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread