Not open for further replies.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Error 502 Ray ID: 3b03ad5c7c1439b2 • 2017-10-19 12:17:57 UTC
Bad gateway
SOLUTION to da equatiums ID : 6532148975222100 Good Gateways drink dis babys it'll helps you diegestiums track ta facilitates bowel mobemints galores wiff ease a special comcoktiums
maxi-coffee1.jpg

Maxedout

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Arizona
SOLUTION to da equatiums ID : 6532148975222100 Good Gateways drink dis babys it'll helps you diegestiums track ta facilitates bowel mobemints galores wiff ease a special comcoktiums
maxi-coffee1.jpg
Your my favorite coffee cooker in the whole wide world! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – All jokes aside, tonight is the night if you want to see Uranus.

The plant will reach opposition on Oct. 19, meaning it will be directly opposite the sun, bringing it closer and brighter to earth.

Experts say you may be able to see the icy blue planet with the naked eye, but if not, binoculars should do the trick.

NASA says Uranus should be visible all night long and its blue-green color is unmistakable.

Where should you look to find Uranus?

The experts say start in the southeast sky within the constellation Pisces, the fish.

“Scan the constellation carefully, and look for a tiny blue-green disk to pop out against the background of fainter stars,” National Geographic Magazine says.

rdsok

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – All jokes aside, tonight is the night if you want to see Uranus.

The plant will reach opposition on Oct. 19, meaning it will be directly opposite the sun, bringing it closer and brighter to earth.

Experts say you may be able to see the icy blue planet with the naked eye, but if not, binoculars should do the trick.

NASA says Uranus should be visible all night long and its blue-green color is unmistakable.

Where should you look to find Uranus?

The experts say start in the southeast sky within the constellation Pisces, the fish.

“Scan the constellation carefully, and look for a tiny blue-green disk to pop out against the background of fainter stars,” National Geographic Magazine says.

Here is a video by the Hubble Space Telescope team about the night sky through Oct 2017

I'll post a sky map for those looking for Uranus after I'm done eating. I seriously doubt many will be able to actually see it even with binoculars, it's pretty small.

rdsok

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    Ok first .... I did a screen capture for this shot and the next, of a sky map program called Stellarium ( www.stellarium.org ) that is free. They have Windows, Mac and Ubuntu versions ready to install, there is also a Linux source code available for others that can, to create an installation for their version of Linux.

Here is a planet I know everyone should be able to see with their naked eyes... If you have a telescope with at least 50x magnification, you can even just make out the rings. I can easily see it in my telescope but haven't been able to get a picture of it and not certain it'd even come out good if I did... It sets so quickly now, that I'll have to wait another year probably to try again and without a motor drive, the results will be iffy.

Looking just west of due South...

Saturn.jpg

rdsok

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    Next... This screenshot is for after 11pm CDT... Uranus is centered where the red cross hairs are located. This is just a bit south of due East. I could have zoomed in a little more in order to see the tiny blue dot but it would have taken away from seeing the constellations that you'll need to help locate it. It is very very tiny.

Uranus.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread