Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
An excellent vape. A 2.5 with a short KFL on top with a 1.5Ω build, running at 3.8v. juice is diy Hangsen Delux tobacco flavor.
The 2.5, and kfl make a very good combination. :)

Excellent vape.jpg

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Hi gang! I've come in search of help for my favorite APV and found this thread.
I bought a Provari 2.5 from Provape three years ago. I don't have any other PVs that old which still function as designed, but the 2.5 does ... color me pleased with that fact.

In need of some new batteries, my first stop was Provape where I was dismayed to not find what I was looking for, and that they no longer even carry the device itself. I'd have happily bought another for backup even though mine is working fine.

The thing is, after coming up empty handed at Provape, I started a quest online for the AW IMR 18650 2000 mAh button top batteries I've been using very satisfactorily over these years, and which had been recommended by Provape for the 2.5. And, I kind of struck out. I see some on eBay, but I don't trust their authenticity. I see some on a site in Malaysia, but their site doesn't seem to like me. I found lots of sites which apparently used to sell them, but listed them as sold out, or out of stock. It seems the specific battery is on its way out along with the 2.5.

So {sorry, I get ........ of the keyboard}, the questions are: Is there a good source anyone here knows of? And, if not, what is a good 2nd choice?

I've got other 18650s on hand, but none of them work with the 2.5, and my AW IMR 18650 2000 mAh button tops are on their last little legs.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
RTD is probably the best source, when they get back into stock - AW IMR 18650 3.7v 2200mAh

In the meantime, Efest 18650 button tops will fit and should cover your wait. Not quite up to AW levels but they've worked fine for me and can be handy backups - Efest IMR 18650 V2 2000mah with button top

Glad your ProVari is still doing it's job!

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Hi gang! I've come in search of help for my favorite APV and found this thread.
I bought a Provari 2.5 from Provape three years ago. I don't have any other PVs that old which still function as designed, but the 2.5 does ... color me pleased with that fact.

In need of some new batteries, my first stop was Provape where I was dismayed to not find what I was looking for, and that they no longer even carry the device itself. I'd have happily bought another for backup even though mine is working fine.

The thing is, after coming up empty handed at Provape, I started a quest online for the AW IMR 18650 2000 mAh button top batteries I've been using very satisfactorily over these years, and which had been recommended by Provape for the 2.5. And, I kind of struck out. I see some on eBay, but I don't trust their authenticity. I see some on a site in Malaysia, but their site doesn't seem to like me. I found lots of sites which apparently used to sell them, but listed them as sold out, or out of stock. It seems the specific battery is on its way out along with the 2.5.

So {sorry, I get ........ of the keyboard}, the questions are: Is there a good source anyone here knows of? And, if not, what is a good 2nd choice?

I've got other 18650s on hand, but none of them work with the 2.5, and my AW IMR 18650 2000 mAh button tops are on their last little legs.
It appears that provarifuel.com got the stock of the consumable provape products (Juice, Batteries). They have the shorter AW's on their page, but don't show the 18650's. I just shot them an email to ask about the long AW's and asked them to correct the listing showing that a flat top will work with a 2.5 if you use an extension cap (it won't).

You might check back with them, or send them an email asking about what happened to the 18650 AW's. They did show a phone number as well, so maybe give them a call if you continue to strike out.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I just heard back from Provarifuel about the 18650's. They have corrected the listing for the flat tops and will be getting some button tops ordered in. If you need batteries now, you can try the other suggestions, or check back later for the red AW ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread