Official ProVari Radius Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

retired soldier

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2012
Wyoming
View attachment 588907 Oh Em Geeeeee I found the perfect topper!! I totally forgot about this Goblin Mini v2 with slate glass! Yeah, this is the look I really want!!
I am impatiently waiting for Monday, my new snakeskin/stealth radius and stealth kabuki are sitting in the PO. I got to the mailbox too late Sat to go to the PO (25 mi away) to get them so I sit here waiting. I have had some success with the Nahualons, thanks to your help, but still need to work with the mesh to get more reliable wicking. However they and my two Erlkoenigins will never be my favorites, I agree with Zen, I don't want to spend time fiddling, I just want to vape, so the (now) 6 kabukis I have are my mainstays as long as I can get attys for them, so I am stockpiling them.

AAGF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Scots expat in Florida
I have two Radii with Kabukis and noticed a recurring problem with the draw becoming increasingly "tight" over a couple of refills of the Kabukis.

I just took the tight Kabuki apart and pulled the coil, pulled the pin and tried to look through it - looked to be blocked, so I used a paperclip from below and gently eased it through the coil which dislodged a chunk of gunk and left the coil clear.

Reassembled the Kabuki, and normal draw has returned. I wonder if 9 Watts/no boost is too low to degunk the coil?

Anyone else seen this problem?

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
I have two Radii with Kabukis and noticed a recurring problem with the draw becoming increasingly "tight" over a couple of refills of the Kabukis.

I just took the tight Kabuki apart and pulled the coil, pulled the pin and tried to look through it - looked to be blocked, so I used a paperclip from below and gently eased it through the coil which dislodged a chunk of gunk and left the coil clear.

Reassembled the Kabuki, and normal draw has returned. I wonder if 9 Watts/no boost is too low to degunk the coil?

Anyone else seen this problem?
Depends on the eliquid, always find sweeter juices will gunk up coils super quick! Your paper clip method made me chuckle, brought back some fond memories of my boge carto days, used to prolong the life of my them with a paper clip, great method still to this day :)

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
I am impatiently waiting for Monday, my new snakeskin/stealth radius and stealth kabuki are sitting in the PO. I got to the mailbox too late Sat to go to the PO (25 mi away) to get them so I sit here waiting. I have had some success with the Nahualons, thanks to your help, but still need to work with the mesh to get more reliable wicking. However they and my two Erlkoenigins will never be my favorites, I agree with Zen, I don't want to spend time fiddling, I just want to vape, so the (now) 6 kabukis I have are my mainstays as long as I can get attys for them, so I am stockpiling them.
I hear you up one side and down the other on the fiddling! I'm in the same place with the new Goblins and Kayfuns; figuring out the cotton wicking has been a royal pain. The Nahualons also took me time to get wicking, and they don't don't do well if left unvaped for a while. Learned that little tidbit last week... grrrrr

Good news on your snakeskin rig!! I know that excited feeling so well... come on Monday!

Reactions: AstroTurf

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Any Graphite Grey option choosers, I have a question.

Does your beauty ring have uneven color?
18efc2d9179b0ddba8b1c1c25bf4a8e9.jpg

608a6b9a4c5a85afee21f67133d7e1c1.jpg

The lettering on my ring seems to have avoided the vapor deposition of the Graphite Grey coloring.
Just curious if it's like this across the board, or if I should bother Blake and have him send me a new one.

Reactions: schismz

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven

The lettering on my ring seems to have avoided the vapor deposition of the Graphite Grey coloring.
Just curious if it's like this across the board, or if I should bother Blake and have him send me a new one.
:blink:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

Weird right?
The letters are still plain stainless color, even though the ring is Graphite Grey.
There are some spots where it looks like the coloring process dripped down into parts of some of the letters, but for the most part, the letters are still plain stainless.

On my Stealth beauty ring, the letters are fully colored.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States

I'd be inclined to request a replacement.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
I finally have cc mode working on all four Radii. I couldn't get it working on any setting on my last three, and gave up. I built another Goblin Mini yesterday, and had the same constant error messages when I decided to try it on a new 60 watter, then decided to try that tank on the Radius that does work. Yeah, it worked fine, as did every KF w/ss. :confused:

I figured out the problem on the other 3 Radii purely by accident. After setting the mod to cc mode and selecting the alpha setting, I accidentally hit the arrow just before the exit icon. That runs the cc mode back to the beginning of the alpha selection. I hit exit correctly, and I'll be darned, it worked!

Is this how y'all got cc mode to work all along??

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Another question (with intro):
I skimmed the manual, because let's face it...I've been on this thread since Day One. I've seen all the little issues, big issues, software updates etc.
Now that I am on Day Two of being a Radius owner, I'm still exploring some things.
On my P3's, I can get a three digit read out of my coil's resistance.
Click into menu system, choose Wattage (or Voltage) Up, then wait for it to cycle through. Same process for checking the IQ, and battery percentage.

Can all those things be done on the Radius?

I'm specifically interested in a three digit read out of the coil's resistance, and secondarily interested in the battery charge percentage. IQ don't matter to me, since I have a fairly strict battery routine.
I replace all batteries after 18 months. No matter what.

Typically, a few of my vaper friends ask for my "leftovers", because they're usually not in bad shape.

Ramble over!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Loving this setup!

---Radius---
-60 Watt
-Graphite Grey
-Onyx body
-Stealth buttons
-Stealth window
-Poo brown LGHG2 3000mAh 20A

---Atomizer---
-Calix Pico from ByLeo
-Green color option
-4/5 wrap 28g Kanthal
-1.0 ohm coil
-15 Watts
-Boost 2
-Koh Gen Doh cotton
-0mg Penicl by MustVape
faee1a8eab649159622571c867a41485.jpg

Eventually I'll Cerakote the stainless body of this Calix to black, so it will be more matchy-matchy.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
I forgot to mention that you can use silica instead of the SS mesh in gennies. I used silica in my ZAPs for months before I tried mesh. The big difference with silica is instantaneous and reliable wicking; the downside is having to change it out, like I have to with my KFs and cotton. I did a double loop with the ZAPs, and wrapped directly around that to get more juice under the coil. That would be pretty tight in the N'lon.

With mesh, the ticket for me is torching the snot out of the mesh before and after I roll it, and dry burning it when seasoning the coil. I also give it three or four shorts shots before a vaping session to make sure it's wicking. HTH!!

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I spent the weekend taking inventory of all my supplies. I have a couple of questions--I don't really have friends that vape or family that vapes, so I may be flying a little blind as to what to really stock up on an this point. My gut just tells me that in the very near future we will see prices begin to go up / taxes added/ favorite vendors out of business etc. So I would like to get an idea if I am on track with what I have put in the stash. Started last year -- but really sped up the process after May. Maybe some of you can give me some direction if I have forgotten something important.
Hardware:
I decided that I needed to add 1 more Radius and a Classic to the family. So I placed an order tonight for the Ghost White and after much thought and waffling back and forth I decided to go with the trusty Satin Silver rather than the other choices. I was really tempted to go with the graphite gray, but decided that the Ghostie with the regular satin silver would be more versatile. I did add the sparkle button (cz) and waffled back on forth on that one too--but finally decided on clear. That was more info than you needed to know about the Ghost--but wasn't sure I had maye made a boring choice. I do get a little picky as to how they are 'dressed', so I thought I would go plain.

I have a question her though--I love everything about the Ghost except the green ( I guess now brown) batteries showing through. I was on the ZFO site and saw battery wraps,so I ordered two white ones. I have no clue how to use them to wrap the battery and thought someone here might have used those and could give me the instructions.
I also added the black classic and one more Kabuki to the family. I really think the Classic out of all of them are truly my favorite.

That makes 3 Radius / 2 Classics/ 2 2.5 Regular size, one P3, and more than I should say with the minis--(over 20).

I have looked and looked at the Procyon but can't decide if I would really use it--I don't need the power and it stays in 18650 mode. I like the little ones better. But thought maybe I should get one "Just Because" :(

Do most of you have a variety of mods other than Provari--am I making a mistake by limiting myself to one brand. I do have two 50W Isticks several old spinners that I haven't used in over a year. I also have the By Leo Bod Mecha 5 Sophias and several of his cage tanks and a the dripper, and I do like to use that one when I am home.

Tanks:
1 Kayfun Mini v3
2 Kayfun Lite+---
DP gave me a link to order pre-made coils for these. I ordered 150 and have a ton of cotton.
I have given thought to maybe one more RBT and am considering the Calix--is that one easy to use?
I don't know where to purchase spare parts for any of these as I have never used them, but I am thinking that I should stock a few spare parts--just need to know what to buy and where to buy them.
Over the last few months I have gathered 14 Kabuki. I have ordered a lot of O Rings and replacement glass for those, are there any other type of O Rings or anything else I should have on hand that could wear out or break?
I have ordered 4 packs of coils almost every week since last February, and today when I counted I have 655 coils. I really have no idea how long those will last me, and think maybe I should continue to order them for awhile longer.
I still have a bunch of carto tanks --but no cartos---does anyone sell those anymore, might be good to have on hand. I have about 3 each of the Nautilus full size and the Nautilus mini.

Should I buy wire and a coil kit? If so what do I need to buy?

E-Liquid:
I have 10 30ml bottles of my favorites in the freezer and another 5 of each one out to use. I have 6 100ml bottles in addition to the 10 of the 2 that I would not want to be without. (Also feel I might need to do a little more in this area.

I have lots of Flavors from a variety of places ( not sure how long the flavors last before they go bad) 2 gallons of PG / VG, and a gallon of distilled water. I have lots of bottles and about 7 liters of nicotine frozen and 1 Liter 100 and one 120 -50/50 not frozen. I haven't done much with DIY --but started buying all of that too when all this came up over a year ago, so my flavors are not really fresh. Wondering if I should buy more.

I have quite a few batteries, but probably need to go through and replace the oldest ones.

What have I missed or not thought of? I would like to have everything that I think I might need bought and put away by the end of September.

After that I can breathe a sigh of relief and then maybe just buy something if I find a good deal on something I need or want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I spent the weekend taking inventory of all my supplies. I have a couple of questions--I don't really have friends that vape or family that vapes, so I may be flying a little blind as to what to really stock up on an this point. My gut just tells me that in the very near future we will see prices begin to go up / taxes added/ favorite vendors out of business etc. So I would like to get an idea if I am on track with what I have put in the stash. Started last year -- but really sped up the process after May. Maybe some of you can give me some direction if I have forgotten something important.
Hardware:
I decided that I needed to add 1 more Radius and a Classic to the family. So I placed an order tonight for the Ghost White and after much thought and waffling back and forth I decided to go with the trusty Satin Silver rather than the other choices. I was really tempted to go with the graphite gray, but decided that the Ghostie with the regular satin silver would be more versatile. I did add the sparkle button (cz) and waffled back on forth on that one too--but finally decided on clear. That was more info than you needed to know about the Ghost--but wasn't sure I had maye made a boring choice. I do get a little picky as to how they are 'dressed', so I thought I would go plain.

I have a question her though--I love everything about the Ghost except the green ( I guess now brown) batteries showing through. I was on the ZFO site and saw battery wraps,so I ordered two white ones. I have no clue how to use them to wrap the battery and thought someone here might have used those and could give me the instructions.
I also added the black classic and one more Kabuki to the family. I really think the Classic out of all of them are truly my favorite.

That makes 3 Radius / 2 Classics/ 2 2.5 Regular size, one P3, and more than I should say with the minis--(over 20).

I have looked and looked at the Procyon but can't decide if I would really use it--I don't need the power and it stays in 18650 mode. I like the little ones better. But thought maybe I should get one "Just Because" :(

Do most of you have a variety of mods other than Provari--am I making a mistake by limiting myself to one brand. I do have two 50W Isticks several old spinners that I haven't used in over a year. I also have the By Leo Bod Mecha 5 Sophias and several of his cage tanks and a the dripper, and I do like to use that one when I am home.

Tanks:
1 Kayfun Mini v3
2 Kayfun Lite+---
DP gave me a link to order pre-made coils for these. I ordered 150 and have a ton of cotton.
I have given thought to maybe one more RBT and am considering the Calix--is that one easy to use?
I don't know where to purchase spare parts for any of these as I have never used them, but I am thinking that I should stock a few spare parts--just need to know what to buy and where to buy them.
Over the last few months I have gathered 14 Kabuki. I have ordered a lot of O Rings and replacement glass for those, are there any other type of O Rings or anything else I should have on hand that could wear out or break?
I have ordered 4 packs of coils almost every week since last February, and today when I counted I have 655 coils. I really have no idea how long those will last me, and think maybe I should continue to order them for awhile longer.
I still have a bunch of carto tanks --but no cartos---does anyone sell those anymore, might be good to have on hand. I have about 3 each of the Nautilus full size and the Nautilus mini.

E-Liquid:
I have 10 30ml bottles of my favorites in the freezer and another 5 of each one out to use. I have 6 100ml bottles in addition to the 10 of the 2 that I would not want to be without. (Also feel I might need to do a little more in this area.

I have lots of Flavors from a variety of places ( not sure how long the flavors last before they go bad) 2 gallons of PG / VG, and a gallon of distilled water. I have lots of bottles and about 7 liters of nicotine frozen and 1 Liter 100 and one 120 -50/50 not frozen. I haven't done much with DIY --but started buying all of that too when all this came up over a year ago, so my flavors are not really fresh. Wondering if I should buy more.

I have quite a few batteries, but probably need to go through and replace the oldest ones.

What have I missed or not thought of? I would like to have everything that I think I might need bought and put away by the end of September.

After that I can breathe a sigh of relief and then maybe just buy something if I find a good deal on something I need or want.

Not that I'm some kind of authority, cuz let's face it, the thought of that is very laughable...

But, I've got a lot to say about your post.

I'll get back to you soon. Now though, is bed time.

Suffice it to say: You are not alone in what you are feeling, or doing, in preparation for the storm that has finally come to rest squarely above our heads.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Hardware:

Tanks:
1 Kayfun Mini v3
2 Kayfun Lite+---

E-Liquid:

Sounds like you have a good supply. Batteries, wire, o'rings and flavors will be available regardless of what happens.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Loving this setup!

---Radius---
-60 Watt
-Graphite Grey
-Onyx body
-Stealth buttons
-Stealth window
-Poo brown LGHG2 3000mAh 20A

---Atomizer---
-Calix Pico from ByLeo
-Green color option
-4/5 wrap 28g Kanthal
-1.0 ohm coil
-15 Watts
-Boost 2
-Koh Gen Doh cotton
-0mg Penicl by MustVape
faee1a8eab649159622571c867a41485.jpg

Eventually I'll Cerakote the stainless body of this Calix to black, so it will be more matchy-matchy.

Still using the old school T-Puffer Set-Up (and still loving it)
Bell Capped Kayfun Lite + nano
10/11 wraps on 2.5mm Kanthal micro coil - 1.8ohm
Flame Throwing 8 watts
Boost 1
Rayon wicking
14mg Georgia Peach Pin-Up by JimDash Vape Industries :D

IMG_2090.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread