Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
So I originally posted this is the General forum, but I guess no one there knows what I'm talking about.

I just got a bottom feeder, so I've decided to try out all of the old school atomizers from yesteryear. The HH .357, the Shifu, the i06, and the Stingray.

Are there any other high quality, pre-made atomizers out there? I'm looking for something different than a standard 510. Also, are there any other atomizers for the 901 other than DSE worth checking out?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I use LR 306s almost exclusively. I bought some of the these on-sale (I think the regular price is too high), but I can't decide if I like them or not: AMG Hybrid Atomizer Bottom Feeder (2-pack) - VMOD / XL - PREMIER

The draw is nice, but they seem to be designed to pull the liquid from the drip well instead of the bottle. It's okay with the Reo Grand, but the drip well on the mini is too small and it gets messy. I can't get it to work on the Phidias very well at all. I think it was made to work on the VMod and is iffy with other devices; although my experience may be an anomaly, since other folks have raved about them.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I still keep a 306 in my arsenal & still believe they deliver the best flavor, just a hassle when you're out & about. They seem to last forever, though I don't care for the LR's. I also never got into the dripping, choosing to dip instead. That's about as old school as I go.

FYI, the 306 does not seem to have a long shelf life unused though. I've had a couple that the packing liquid seems to spoil & turns into a blueish oil that seems to loosen whatever adhesive they use to hold casing together.:confused: I now soak all my 306 attys in Everclear when get them & before I use them.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I still keep a 306 in my arsenal & still believe they deliver the best flavor, just a hassle when you're out & about. They seem to last forever, though I don't care for the LR's. I also never got into the dripping, choosing to dip instead. That's about as old school as I go.

FYI, the 306 does not seem to have a long shelf life unused though. I've had a couple that the packing liquid seems to spoil & turns into a blueish oil that seems to loosen whatever adhesive they use to hold casing together.:confused: I now soak all my 306 attys in Everclear when get them & before I use them.

The ones I get are by joyetech, not the best, but adequate and inexpensive (I but them in bulk from Vapor Kings). They don't come with packing liquid. Notably, I don't think I have ever seen any 306s that aren't LR. They may exist, but the highest resistance that comes to mind is 1.8Ω.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The ones I get are by joyetech, not the best, but adequate and inexpensive (I but them in bulk from Vapor Kings). They don't come with packing liquid. Notably, I don't think I have ever seen any 306s that aren't LR. They may exist, but the highest resistance that comes to mind is 1.8Ω.
That's what I buy, I get they from Rocky Mountain Vapor or Vapor Station.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Empire 901 attys are the first one's I would recommend, and they offer other good attys as well. Atomizers

I've heard good things about 901s, especially back when more devices had that threading, but I don't like to use adaptors; plus, I'm not dripping so much now that I'm gotten into bottom-feeders.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
So I originally posted this is the General forum, but I guess no one there knows what I'm talking about.

I just got a bottom feeder, so I've decided to try out all of the old school atomizers from yesteryear. The HH .357, the Shifu, the i06, and the Stingray.

Are there any other high quality, pre-made atomizers out there? I'm looking for something different than a standard 510. Also, are there any other atomizers for the 901 other than DSE worth checking out?

I think I must have been looking at the wrong Stingray atty. The one I found had a sealed bottom. (click on "like" if you respond, so I will come back and read it, that's the only way I can remember where I posted.)

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
I think I must have been looking at the wrong Stingray atty. The one I found had a sealed bottom. (click on "like" if you respond, so I will come back and read it, that's the only way I can remember where I posted.)

The one at House of Vapor? They offer the 1.5 ohm as an open post for bottom feeding.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Vapor Kings sells 10 for $42.95 (I use 1.5Ω). If your vendors have a lower price, please let me know.
That's a good price, may give them a try. RMV is $6, but but are out of the regular resistance, they do have free shipping on orders over $14 though. VS is $5 & have there's listed as clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread