Painting a Sigelie 150w

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Since you want to paint it, you probably need to have the surface acquire a little "tooth" so the paint and adhesive can find a purchase to grip the paint. Light sandblast or chemical etch (material dictates) works for the professionals, but you will unlikely have these options available. Suggest considering sandpaper with various grits ending up with around 400 grit. 200 start to 400. Might want to get the right type of grit for the material (plastic or metal?). Recommend alcohol (remove oils etc.) wipe, when ready to paint.

thegingerbeardman

Oct 12, 2015
Buy a mod you like the color of next time so you don't have to paint it
Well I like to repaint a lot of the things I have, not just my mod. And I don't exactly have the funds to go out and buy a new mod just to change the color. Your response was not at all helpful.

thegingerbeardman

Oct 12, 2015
Since you want to paint it, you probably need to have the surface acquire a little "tooth" so the paint and adhesive can find a purchase to grip the paint. Light sandblast or chemical etch (material dictates) works for the professionals, but you will unlikely have these options available. Suggest considering sandpaper with various grits ending up with around 400 grit. 200 start to 400. Might want to get the right type of grit for the material (plastic or metal?). Recommend alcohol (remove oils etc.) wipe, when ready to paint.
Thank you very much! I only have 150 on hand but I'll go out and get some of the varieties of grit you suggested.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Make sure you wipe the mod down with isopropyl alcohol , try the tape after that .

If masking tape doesn't work wrap the mod parts with electrical tape and stretch it tight , it should stay on.

Sometimes i use the "Plasti Dip" spray which is liquid rubber in a can , comes in different colors and makes a durable exterior to anything you use it on.

thegingerbeardman

Oct 12, 2015
Make sure you wipe the mod down with isopropyl alcohol , try the tape after that .

If masking tape doesn't work wrap the mod parts with electrical tape and stretch it tight , it should stay on.

Sometimes i use the "Plasti Dip" spray which is liquid rubber in a can , comes in different colors and makes a durable exterior to anything you use it on.
The alcohol definitely worked! Thanks bro

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
The alcohol definitely worked! Thanks bro

Brother Bob mentioned wiping the mod down with alcohol first but i didn't see it till after i posted. Wiping it down fixes the no stick situation 98% of the time , we don't notice the oils etc.. that our hands leave on our mods and other stuff but i'm glad you got it taken care of .

Reactions: thetrucker

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
Well I like to repaint a lot of the things I have, not just my mod. And I don't exactly have the funds to go out and buy a new mod just to change the color. Your response was not at all helpful.
You asked for suggestions, I offered you mine.
Personally, I think painting your mod is a bad idea, but I could be wrong.

How about posting pictures of your progress, I don't mind being proven wrong :)

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
I also think making a mod "your own" is a great idea. Keeps ya out of trouble and can really make something you're proud of. I'm glad to hear that the alcohol worked but I would worry about the paint sticking more. I would sand it down, just a touch to give it a rougher surface. Pictures of your progress would be great!

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Have you considered a wrap for the mod-----then you could change it when you get sick of the color-----they have solid colors as well as designs and your

own custom photo or design----according to Jwraps-----I got one from 247skins.com and cost me 6.99 free shipping from las vegas nice lady on the phone.
VTR_after.jpg

Reactions: D. Waterhouse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread