Please help aesthetic damage on my mod!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cages2Clouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2015
Alright so I just bought a Vigo from Infiniti and a Mephisto clone, I've had them for a day and barely used them at all and there are these smudges or something on them that won't wash off. Any ideas on what it is and what I can do to fix it?
Images included

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 179
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 167

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Moved from Atomizers & Cartridges forum to APV Discussion forum

Brass and copper will tarnish or patina from the oils on your hands, as well as from exposure to many other things. If there are no scratches or dings and it's just surface discoloration, then you should be able to polish those marks out. Sometimes a good buff with a soft cloth can take care of the slight discolorations, but a full-on polishing might be necessary for more pronounced marks

Cages2Clouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2015
That combined with my rather horrible cool building skills, although I did just start, my tanks and box mod are looking like Kings right now lol.

Reactions: Thrasher

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
To be honest all mods will eventually get scratched and look used sooner or later , doesn't matter how careful you are , at some point it will hit the floor and suffer a blemish .

Best to just use and enjoy , kind of similar to trying to keep kayaks blemish free , the only way you will be able to do that is hang it on a wall and never use it.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I don't really notice much of a copper smell. I think its very faint, it smells like metal, and it certainly doesn't bother me. My hands don't turn green either.... Holding a polished mod is nothing close to holding a bunch of pennies (or 2p coins if you are in the UK). I'm trying to smell it right now, but my hands have a faint smell of cape cod cloth, since I just polished the mod above.

Cages2Clouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2015
It takes a specific process and some time to force a patina like that.

Its really not that hard to clean a copper mod, if OP prefers it shiny. Sometimes, it feels nice to put on a shirt for an evening out with a shiny polished mod.
IFWRgZb.jpg
So a cape cod cloth, do you have a link to where I can getthem? Also would you recommend ISO after?

Oh and OP likes them shiny, very shiny! So shiny that he can be seen clutching his mod and saying "My Precious!" To other capers as they walk by in aw. Lol

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland

Cages2Clouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.