Please help me choose a devise that uses 18650 flat top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
Take a hard look at the SX mini M. By far the best mod on market today. I own 3 Provari. Haven't touched my 2.5s in six months and barely use the P3. Not a fan of the battery life on the P3. Since I changed to lower ohm coils it doesn't serve me well.
The mini is user upgradeable and offers the best temp control on the market. The design is great IMHP as well. 1 yr warranty and Yihi is as reputable as Provape.
60 watts if you want it. Like many of us i have 10+ mods and the mini is my daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
What is the resistance of your coils ? The issue with the P3 battery monitor as I see it is when I vape 1 ohm coil @ 18 watts the unit doesn't let the battery go below 3.6. Provape is very concerned about battery safety but I think it's overkill with the battery not firing below that 3.6 mark. I cleaned religiously and applied No Ox on the the threads.

Sent from my iPhone

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
What is the resistance of your coils ? The issue with the P3 battery monitor as I see it is when I vape 1 ohm coil @ 18 watts the unit doesn't let the battery go below 3.6. Provape is very concerned about battery safety but I think it's overkill with the battery not firing below that 3.6 mark. I cleaned religiously and applied No Ox on the the threads.

Sent from my iPhone
I have not found this to be the case at all.

Perhaps time for you to check your batteries, or your build/setup...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
More like time to send it to ProVape for repairs...

PS We are all vapers here, looking to learn and benefit. Can it be left at that?

Jim
No reason to send it back. If I vape it at 10 watts with a 1.8 ohm coil then the battery reads 3.3. Spoke to Provape about it. It's just a limitation of the device.
Glad that I could shed some light. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread