1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Poll on vaping in the workplace

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by SmokeyJoe, Nov 22, 2013.

?

Vaping in the workplace - what are you allowed to do?

1. I can vape at work. Any time, any place.

2. I can only vape during breaks

3. I'm not allowed to vape at work at all

4. I'm self-employed, so I vape when I please

5. I only vape at home

6. Other, tell us below

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe ECF Founder Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

t's 25 years since smoking in the workplace was banned in the US. We all know smoking and vaping are two very different things, but are vapers treated the same as smokers?

To find out, we're running a poll to discover how vaping is approached by our members' employers.

Do you have a desk job that allows you to happily vape all day, or does your employer treats vaping like smoking and restrict you to 'vaping breaks'. Perhaps you're the boss and you're fine with your employees vaping in the workplace?

Vote in the poll and let us know below how you balance work with vaping. What do your colleagues think of you vaping? Do they force you out in the cold or do they welcome you vaping around them?

2. Mtrent

Mtrent Full Member

I vape in my office as it is secluded from the rest of the facility. I also allow other vapers to join me in my office for a vape and some discussion.

3. TXCherry

TXCherry Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I smoke outside on breaks and occasionally stealth vape from my desk. My co-workers don't have any issue with it, but we don't do it indoors because it can appear unprofessional to clients and visitors.

4. John_

John_ Rockin' Micro's on Cotton Verified Member ECF Veteran

I work at a University and deal with people all day (work for an IT group on campus), when nobody is around I can vape but I don't want to in front of other people inside in case somebody has an issue with it, whatever though not that big of a deal. I usually leave my office and take a "vape break" or when I'm walking to somebody's office in another building I'll vape.

5. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have to join the smokers in the smoking area, so I go back in smelling like a cigarette :( I do take mine into the restroom, though.

6. KurrptSenate

KurrptSenate Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I vape at work. For all I know it's "allowed" but I never asked. I made sure everyone in my room was ok with it and that's good enough for me.

7. jhelliwell

jhelliwell Fog master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    People can vape at their desks, but I choose not to. I take myself off to an unoccupied room, or go out into the car park. There is no need, IMO to piss off the non-smokers, smokers, and non-vapers. I /sometimes/ take a little pull on the thing at my desk, but leave no vapour visible.

8. Pinggolfer

Pinggolfer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Retired so not a issue.

9. MrStik

MrStik Super Member ECF Veteran

Even if I could do it at my desk, I would not. Living in SoCal, the weather is mostly nice, and a mental, physical, and vape break away from the desk and stress is very therapeutic.

10. jake88

jake88 Full Member

I vape all day in my office don't do it much around others luckily I have my own office though

11. DisKid

DisKid Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I work from home so I vape all day long ;)

12. H Niemand

H Niemand Super Member ECF Veteran

I work with a bunch of smokers in a privately owned company. The owner smokes. So, I vape everywhere trying to give them the hint.

13. MudOnTheTires

MudOnTheTires Full Member

I work from home, so I chain vape throughout the day. Didn't start vaping until about 3 weeks ago, but if I was still working the office, I can guarantee vaping would not be allowed. Too many people at the office complained about the air freshener in the bathroom or perfume or just about anything they could.

14. syeroc

syeroc Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The question has never been brought up at my company. The owners are never here and I am the operational manager. So I decided that as long as we have no clients in the building then it is ok for me to vape at my desk as I please. My employees don't mind at all. I obviously asked them first so as not to put myself in a tough position. Most of them even like the smell of my liquids. I just try not to blow huge clouds while in the office.

15. JayEatsAirplane

JayEatsAirplane Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I vape all day at my desk. Supervisor doesn't care as long as we don't have visitors (managers and the like) and it doesn't bother other employees. For the most part it's just me and him in the office all day anyways.

16. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I mostly still step outside with a cup of tea like I used to with regualar cigarettes.

I might take a brief innocuous puff at my desk.

If there happens to be somebody unfamiliar around the place I wouldn't do anything that looks like smoking in the office.

17. Zooka

Zooka Full Member

Vaping is not allowed in the main open section of my office building, but I work in IT so I vape in my lab and server rooms which only myself and another systems administrator have access to. There are several other vapers in the building, so we've also setup a small "vape lounge" in an unused office.

18. seahawkin

seahawkin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Right now the last 2 places I worked sorta turned a blind eye to it. So we don't whip it out and vape anyplace. Mainly my coworkers and managers wanna see me stay a non smoker and other folks are starting to go vape too. I know it will come to an end at some point.

19. SnTx4

SnTx4 Full Member Verified Member

My car is my office, I just vape the night away.

20. fabricator4

fabricator4 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm in retail ATM so vaping in front of people would not be acceptable. Basically, I stay under the radar and sneak a stealth vape when no-one is looking. I never raised the issue with management and as far as I know there are no other vapers on the floor. I did not and will not make an issue of it. It's possible that people have seen me sneak a vape, but since there's no visible vapour no-one has objected.

As long as you don't throw it in people's faces and use some common sense I find you can do whatever you please. I think, and would like to see, social customs solidify along these lines. If everyone uses common sense this may eventuate. If we make a big deal about blowing clouds in places where it is inappropriate or rude to do so, then Mrs Grundy is going to come down hard.

I have a double strength nicotine in menthol flavour which I use at work and I'm perfectly fine with that. It certainly beats having to go outside like I used to when I was smoking, and a mini Protank of double strength lasts me nearly a week. I'm probably on CCTV stealth vaping, and may be questioned about it at some point. I shall explain that it's an inhaler since that is essentially the way I am using it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.