Status
Not open for further replies.

goofy2302

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Brooklyn, NY, USA
I'm using a mvp20 with a genitank kanger upgraded coil 1.5
You rebuilding those coils or store bought.....I've noticed my kanger OCC coils pop when i crank up the watts a bit too much for a warmer vape...try lowering the wattage and see if it improves. If you rebuilding i try to make the wick tight in the coil, which in my case takes care of the popping

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Try to draw a little longer after you stop pressing the fire button. It may be possible that condensation from the mouth piece is dripping back down onto the coil. Is it only pooping when the atty has been sitting for a couple of minutes...first draw? Then your wick may also be too thick in the coil, causes juice to collect and not evaporate. Normally the latter is the reason for me. If its popping I just use less cotton in the coil.

Reactions: PedroM

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I generally find that if it's too little cotton in the coil, then it's normally accompanied by gurgling or even flooding.

Popping only on the first hit, after it's been sitting, is a sign of too much wick. This also may be accompanied by dry hits.

But then again I'm speaking from a rebuild-able perspective.

PedroM

Jun 10, 2015
Puerto Rico
Try to draw a little longer after you stop pressing the fire button. It may be possible that condensation from the mouth piece is dripping back down onto the coil. Is it only pooping when the atty has been sitting for a couple of minutes...first draw? Then your wick may also be too thick in the coil, causes juice to collect and not evaporate. Normally the latter is the reason for me. If its popping I just use less cotton in the coil.

I'm not using RBA's yet. (This week I'll have a goblin) I'll try what you suggest about drawing a bit after pressing fire button. I have seen e-liquid in the border where the drip tip is. I think you are right about it is dripping back into the coils.

Suryia

Jun 28, 2015
When I vape sometimes i hear a popping sound and at the same time I feel like something tiny hit my tongue. This has happened to me many times.

I know the popping sound is normal, but feeling at the same time something hit my tongue is?
The popping is a fabulous thing, and really happens most with fresh cotton or fresh coils. Do not let it worry you, it is usually the fresh juice that is popping and you should notice a burst of flavor with the pop. Trust me, I was scared the first time I heard it too.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
A little crackling or popping is good, but too much can be unpleasant especially if it's throwing boiling juice into your mouth. I've had builds in my Sub Tank Mini that popped so hard it felt like my teeth were being rattled.
The pops are caused by small amounts of juice being super heated causing little explosions of vapor. Too much heat combined with insufficient wicking, or hot spots on your coil are the usual culprits. Ironing out the hot spots, reducing power, improving wicking with technique or a thinner juice may all help.

Matty316

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
Hull, England
I recently switched from cotton balls to rayon and have noticed a lot more spitting/popping on my twisted coil builds. I'm guessing because of the better wicking my coils are getting over saturated. I'm yet to find a fix and it's starting to annoy me because every time a take a pull I get unvaporized liquid spitting into my mouth.

I don't want to hijack this thread but would be greatful if anyone can help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread