Not open for further replies.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Ok the deans connect to the fire button and the Atty out and negative
Look at your internals the 2 wires coming out of the dna for the fire button (2 middle spots on top of the board)
are going to the fire button under the cap + - don't matter on these 2 find there potion on the deans and run your wire from the deans in the cap to the fire button in the cap.
Next the 2 wire from the atty out and the ground. The atty out goes to the + on the 510 (brass washer)
The - goes to the retaining nut for the 510 under the cap, same as the fire switch find the connections on the deans in the internals and follow them thru to the cap, from there go to atty out and 510 ground
Hope this helps :)

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Ok the deans connect to the fire button and the Atty out and negative
Look at your internals the 2 wires coming out of the dna for the fire button (2 middle spots on top of the board)
are going to the fire button under the cap + - don't matter on these 2 find there potion on the deans and run your wire from the deans in the cap to the fire button in the cap.
Next the 2 wire from the atty out and the ground. The atty out goes to the + on the 510 (brass washer)
The - goes to the retaining nut for the 510 under the cap, same as the fire switch find the connections on the deans in the internals and follow them thru to the cap, from there go to atty out and 510 ground
Hope this helps :)
I don't see how to switch. Should I desolder? I know I made them opposite and I need to rewire. Can I remove the brass inserts in the deans and just switch those in the plastics of the deans?

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Fixed and working :) thanks steamer. I did have to do it in the frame. Melted a bit of plastic but not an issue. Still testing normal mode.

ccfcbcbb658432821eab1fa5f125d353.jpg

3556ff88dfa347e9538a14fc988c5f93.jpg

Now I have a couple of issues probably strictly related with gdibina. I might take it in private with Georges and Peter.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Veeeeeeerrrrrrry nice Aal
Thanks buddy.

Scrambled screen, I have been waiting for you!! Yep got the screen of death! Now this is my first serious soldering project and it was neater and better than I expected. I have tested this chip for like 2 hours before 2 months. Didn't have issues. Now let me tell u.

As soon as I got the scrambled screen I realized I was getting weak battery as well, so i took the battery out it was 3.4v (its a samsung 20R). Popped in a vtc5 and it is running fine at 40 watts. All this temp mode of course. Does anyone know if the weak battery is what caused it? I think/hope that yes it is.

Let me tell u. Scrambled no scrambled, screen no screen, I'm not taking that chip out. I will enjoy vaping it and never look at the screen if I have to lol :D.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Usually, a scrambled screen is caused by deans connector instability, really needs to be tightly coupled (top to bottom)

Check your battery contacts as well, make sure you have solid contacts.

Aa_ feel free to PM me with any questions...

Guys I think having weak battery would lead to the same result no? If the scrambled screen is cause by intermittent not consistent current it would happen with a weak battery.

Thanks gdeal most of the problems I'm still having are related to tolerances and looks. Completely my fault. I would need to think about some solutions and I might PM you for suggestions.

George I read people saying how the design is great. But it took me building one to realize what you did is really genius. Not to forget the Beta guys I know they gave you some push as well :D. Thank you for making it possible.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Guys I think having weak battery would lead to the same result no? If the scrambled screen is cause by intermittent not consistent current it would happen with a weak battery.

Thanks gdeal most of the problems I'm still having are related to tolerances and looks. Completely my fault. I would need to think about some solutions and I might PM you for suggestions.

George I read people saying how the design is great. But it took me building one to realize what you did is really genius. Not to forget the Beta guys I know they gave you some push as well :D. Thank you for making it possible.

I run 3 DNA40 devices and have never had a scrambled screen due to a weak battery. :(

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
I run 3 DNA40 devices and have never had a scrambled screen due to a weak battery. :(
Yep :( I just had it with the good battery. Well I think something related to the battery contacts. The Dean connectors are well connected and the wiring does not seem problematic.

My dna's are the first ones that came with celsius but I'm pretty sure it is a user error especially that I have an alignment problems with the frame. I won't be returning this one and as I said I will just wait for it to sleep and vape again.

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
I have a gdna question, that may just be a BF in general question. Sometimes I have juice feeding problems. I'll have great squonking until the bottle gets down a ways, then squeezing the bottle produces little or no juice to the atty. The only solution I've found is to turn the mod upside down while squonking; not the preferred squonkage mode. It's like an air lock. Anyone else? any trick or "hack" to deal with this?

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread