• Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Is this thread dead? :( I just started my first dna 3.1 build. Not really started still prepping the hardware :facepalm:. I kept putting it off for a while and built 4 pekos in the meantime lol. It was a bunch of dnas rma, bad iron and not enough time really.

Stupid question, how are you shortening your fd 510 screw? I cut it with a wire cutter then ground it using a file but took a while!

Reactions: SkinyFatMan

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Is this thread dead? :( I just started my first dna 3.1 build. Not really started still prepping the hardware :facepalm:. I kept putting it off for a while and built 4 pekos in the meantime lol. It was a bunch of dnas rma, bad iron and not enough time really.

Stupid question, how are you shortening your fd 510 screw? I cut it with a wire cutter then ground it using a file but took a while!

I just use a Dremel with a diamond wheel, put the nut on first, to re-thread after cutting

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

TheTurk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2014
New jersey

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Little heads up to anyones thats on the market for a dremel ;
I bought this couple months ago and i love it and for the price cant be beat
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000M...SY200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=41S1VGkvaTL&ref=plSrch
Dremel 4200 i had burnt the motor after 6 months of use so didnt feel like spending another 100+ so gave a shot to b&d and im glad i did
I have heard mixed reviews on the 4200 since it uses a new technology. That's why I opted for the 4000.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
I still have my 20+ year old dremel that works great. But I found a reason to upgrade to the 4000 series a while back....love it! Lots of nice accessories with the kits out there. So took my old one and mounted it in a dremel router table. The dremel tops the charts as one of my most useful tools in the arsenal for modding.
Yeah man gonna buy the platinum kit. Comes with more than I need. Plus I will be getting the desk clamp and maybe the drill press stand. Gonna try to use it as a drill press although from what I have read it is not very precise.

Also might get the router attachment for some home improvement projects (that's how I convinced the wife we need a dremel .... shhhhh ..... :D)

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    I bought this couple months ago and i love it and for the price cant be beat
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000M...SY200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=41S1VGkvaTL&ref=plSrch

What the heck? It costs $30 in the US and more than 4 times as much in Europe! :eek: Basically just as expensive as the Dremel 4000 here.

Anyone knows the "Proxxon 38481 Professional Rotary Tool IBS/E"? It's from a German company and generally gets better reviews. But I still hesitant to bring myself to committing to one "system" of tools for my little modding needs.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2013
    Arlington, Texas - USA

gdeal

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 4, 2012
    ( -_-) Ω~
    • Deleted by Unforeseen

Aal_

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 5, 2012
    Toronto
    Well things are not looking good :(

Running in kanthal mode. Getting weak battery. No fuses used. I connected directly below the Dean connectors from out and gnd to a coil and it seems good using alligator clips. Connected alligator clips to top dean connectors and having weak battery. But i am not sure if it is the negative path from the nut or the Dean connectors. Any hints?

EDIT: It's not the nut. I connected an external battery box with alligators to the top of dean connectors and weak battery. Resistance also is wrong. Try deoxit gold on dean male did not work :(

Aal_

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 5, 2012
    Toronto
    Oh my god.

Scratch all the above. I made a stupid mistake. Not sure how to solve it now. Dna 40 seems to run whatever you throw at it :(.

I switched the deans! Negative male dean connects to positive female dean and vice versa. I blame gdeal and Rossum :D. I took the top cap from gdeal pic and saw Rossum dean placements for dna 40 in the appendix. They are opposite :facepalm:. So now the glue is so strong I'm not able to budge the thing. I'm thinking to desolder the wires coming from the dna. Not sure, what say you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread