ProChat - All Things ProVape and Beyond (except Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yer more of a fan than I...

I was born and raised, but have fallen away.

Hockey to me now is something I only vaguely remember.

Ah, The Joys of Getting Old!!!

LOLz
Well, I was just thinking that (without looking), if hard pressed, I might remember two players names. :facepalm:
And...not 100% they're both returning. :laugh:
Guess I need to go catch up.

I know how you feel though. ;). Yes, the joys of getting old.

Reactions: AstroTurf

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No, my company pays for my phone. But if I had to pay, it looks like a great program.
I joined in April. It's not horrible (for me), but Sprint was my cell phone provider before, so it's no worse than Sprint was.
I signed up for 2G of data. But haven't used over 150MB in any one month yet. :laugh: (just not a phone person)

I've got the 5x. I had an HTC M1 8 or 9, I'd have to go look.
I liked my HTC better, but not the attached monthly bill from Sprint. :laugh:

I don't use my phone for much, rarely for an actual phone, I turn my data completely off and mostly run it using wi-fi if I need to get online.
I definitely turn it on if I'm out and need it though.

I have the replacement protection because it was only $5 a month, so far my bill has been less than $30 each month since April.
I think it was going to take 6 months to be at the break even point since I had to buy the phone, that will be Oct.

Yeah, it's a pretty good deal. YMMV, some don't have good luck with it.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
ca83cc3e8f44dc48f090106e7f525f97.jpg

Giddy up Cowboys

95ec68d37dc6a1d8b9c86e1971c9f295.jpg

Sent via iPhone

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
How many iPhone users do we have here?

How many have updated to iOS 10?

Which feature of iOS 10 do you like most?

How many will buy the new waterproof iWatch?
All my stuff is apple and I just finished updating them to iOS 10 last night.
Digging the split screen safari browser on my iPads.
And love how the screen automatically turns on when I pick my iPhone up so I can instantly see all my notifications, weather, stuff, without needing to even push a button.

Haven't found anything that annoys me yet.

And no, I'll stick with my current apple sport watch for at least another year or two.
It already does all that I need, and desire.

Cheers

iBloke, the Apple fanboy :D

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I found something in iOS 10 that any vaper can use...

It's called Magnifier.

It can be turned on by going to Settings, General, Accessibility, Magnifier - and turn it on.

It can then be accessed by triple clicking your home button.

It has an adjustable zoom, a lighted feature, and you can freeze the screen of the iPhone.

And by using the screen grab feature... Well y'all know what that means. Pictures!!!

4e9ce8b1e419ea2be5fa360c03c2961c.jpg

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
And in order to upgrade the audio ...;)

View attachment 600621
Just a bit of a personal background FYI.
I'm 54 and have been a sound engineer in the music industry since around 1987.
I have a reasonably vast understanding of Audio, and have been respected in the industry for many years as someone who "knows their stuff".
Ok so thats the end of my trumpet blowing LOL

But I have to throw my 2 cents in when it comes to "Audio quality" of any audio related product..especially when I read comments anywhere on the web bashing this product or that product.

Sound preferences are a VERY personal thing and given the exact same Ultra Top Shelf audio gear for example, there will never be 2 listeners who "hear" the same end result simply due to the fact that everyones ears are different, as are their personal preferences in audio balance. e.g. bass, treble, middle, etc..

My personal home stereo is 5000 watts RMS.
I don't use basic bass, middle, and treble controls anymore. Too limited.
I use a 31 band stereo graphic equaliser.
Thats 31 different frequencies instead of just 2 or 3, in stereo thats 62 adjustable controls with 12dB of both boost and cut in every frequency and I fully understand what each one does and how it affects the overall end sound I hear from my speakers

One persons headphone or speaker set will provide them with their "holy grail sound" and yet it will sound less pleasing to someone else..who has different ears. NOT "bad" ears, but simply different.

I have used a plethora of headphones, in-earphones, ear buds, speakers, and on and on.

I don't listen for bass heavy, or treble clarity, or middle presence, or any other such audio parameter.
I listen to overall balance taking into consideration the tonal qualities of each individual musical instrument, and their perspective placement in the audio spectrum relative to each other.

Apple, for example, has in the past made some truly hideous sounding earbuds from not only a tonal balance perspective, but also because they just didn't reproduce anything close to a FULL RANGE audio experience.
The hardware components they used was simply not capable of doing the job required.

However their two current in-ear offerings Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic
And the current EarPods they've shipped with iPhones, and iPods for several years EarPods with 3.5mm Headphone Plug
Both sound pretty damn good from and overall audio tonal balance, and price perspective.
Value for money and decent sound to try and cover the masses of end users...who ALL have different ears.
Can't please ALL the people ALL the time though...

Yes, there are many better options, but mostly for more money.

I haven't tried the new wireless AirPods, but if their physical acoustic design parameters, and hardware components are the same as the wired version EarPods then there is no reason why they won't sound at least as good...unless the bluetooth implementation electronically degrades the overall audio balance.

Why have I bothered to type this long winded post?

I've grown tired over the years of brand specific bashing.
Android vs Apple.
Windows vs Mac.
The "Tall poppy syndrome".
Negativity aimed at products by people who have never used the product.

Seriously, everyone should just buy what they want, like, what suits their needs, and stop the bashing of the other brands. It wore thin years ago, and is something I would only expect from school kids

After years of trial and error I've chosen the gear I use, enjoy, and will continue to use based on my PERSONAL needs, and end user performance.

It's going to be different for every individual, but I'll be the last person to ridicule/bash their equipment choices.

In summary, I'm 100% sure I won't need a nice white audio .... plug to help deliver me a balanced tonal experience from my wireless Apple AirPods..if I ever choose to buy some LOL (and my assumption is you only posted it for it's comedic aspect so its all good mate)

Just sayin' :D

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
I found something in iOS 10 that any vaper can use...

It's called Magnifier.

It can be turned on by going to Settings, General, Accessibility, Magnifier - and turn it on.

It can then be accessed by triple clicking your home button.

It has an adjustable zoom, a lighted feature, and you can freeze the screen of the iPhone.

And by using the screen grab feature... Well y'all know what that means. Pictures!!!

4e9ce8b1e419ea2be5fa360c03c2961c.jpg
WOW!!! Thanks for the heads up on that feature Astro!
My eyes are really crappy and I've just tried the magnifier and it works a treat.
I have sooooo much trouble reading the tiny faint print on my coils for example, and its easy peasy now with this feature

Noice!! :thumb:

Last edited:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Looks like that would give a "Bump in the Trunk"!!!

LOLz
That's what I was thinkin'. :facepalm:

Doesn't Fastech sell something similar for a lot less money? Probably a pain in the .... to use though.

I will now report myself.:rolleyes:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Just a bit of a personal background FYI.
I'm 54 and have been a sound engineer in the music industry since around 1987.
I have a reasonably vast understanding of Audio, and have been respected in the industry for many years as someone who "knows their stuff".
Ok so thats the end of my trumpet blowing LOL

But I have to throw my 2 cents in when it comes to "Audio quality" of any audio related product..especially when I read comments anywhere on the web bashing this product or that product.

Sound preferences are a VERY personal thing and given the exact same Ultra Top Shelf audio gear for example, there will never be 2 listeners who "hear" the same end result simply due to the fact that everyones ears are different, as are their personal preferences in audio balance. e.g. bass, treble, middle, etc..

My personal home stereo is 5000 watts RMS.
I don't use basic bass, middle, and treble controls anymore. Too limited.
I use a 31 band stereo graphic equaliser.
Thats 31 different frequencies instead of just 2 or 3, in stereo thats 62 adjustable controls with 12dB of both boost and cut in every frequency and I fully understand what each one does and how it affects the overall end sound I hear from my speakers

One persons headphone or speaker set will provide them with their "holy grail sound" and yet it will sound less pleasing to someone else..who has different ears. NOT "bad" ears, but simply different.

I have used a plethora of headphones, in-earphones, ear buds, speakers, and on and on.

I don't listen for bass heavy, or treble clarity, or middle presence, or any other such audio parameter.
I listen to overall balance taking into consideration the tonal qualities of each individual musical instrument, and their perspective placement in the audio spectrum relative to each other.

Apple, for example, has in the past made some truly hideous sounding earbuds from not only a tonal balance perspective, but also because they just didn't reproduce anything close to a FULL RANGE audio experience.
The hardware components they used was simply not capable of doing the job required.

However their two current in-ear offerings Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic
And the current EarPods they've shipped with iPhones, and iPods for several years EarPods with 3.5mm Headphone Plug
Both sound pretty damn good from and overall audio tonal balance, and price perspective.
Value for money and decent sound to try and cover the masses of end users...who ALL have different ears.
Can't please ALL the people ALL the time though...

Yes, there are many better options, but mostly for more money.

I haven't tried the new wireless AirPods, but if their physical acoustic design parameters, and hardware components are the same as the wired version EarPods then there is no reason why they won't sound at least as good...unless the bluetooth implementation electronically degrades the overall audio balance.

Why have I bothered to type this long winded post?

I've grown tired over the years of brand specific bashing.
Android vs Apple.
Windows vs Mac.
The "Tall poppy syndrome".
Negativity aimed at products by people who have never used the product.

Seriously, everyone should just buy what they want, like, what suits their needs, and stop the bashing of the other brands. It wore thin years ago, and is something I would only expect from school kids

After years of trial and error I've chosen the gear I use, enjoy, and will continue to use based on my PERSONAL needs, and end user performance.

It's going to be different for every individual, but I'll be the last person to ridicule/bash their equipment choices.

In summary, I'm 100% sure I won't need a nice white audio .... plug to help deliver me a balanced tonal experience from my wireless Apple AirPods..if I ever choose to buy some LOL (and my assumption is you only posted it for it's comedic aspect so its all good mate)

Just sayin' :D
Good post.

Everyone is completely different. I am a bass player and my other band members go crazy in my car when I play music as the bass is almost dimed. Just how I like to listen to music.

My favorite headphones are Beats as they are very bass heavy. Most audiophiles hate them.

All of my bass amplification is hand made in the US and point to point wired and my preamps are all tube. Even my power amps are studio quality. Every musician I have played with tells me my bass tone is the best they have ever heard.

I have a good ear for tone but I am biased based on what I like, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread