Status
Not open for further replies.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Why?

I've never bought a sub-£20 atomiser before and as someone had mentioned this on the UKV forum I looked it up and found that TW were selling it for £19.99. As it was a original design from UD and had some distinctive features I thought I'd give it a whirl and ordered one.

The Jakiro

The atomiser came is a standard UD box (the small shiny circular sticker at the top right is a TW quality control sticker). It is clear that UD originally I tended the atomiser to be called the "Vacuum" and changed their minds.

2u9li6u.jpg

Sliding the the inner box out reveals the Jakiro on one side:

13ykrxk.jpg

and a (very) small instruction leaflet and a bag containing a spare screw some wire and some silica wick on the other:

11ioear.jpg

Here are three views of the atomiser... Side:

m781o6.jpg

Bottom:

1z6fwoj.jpg

And top:

o50pvk.jpg

Note that the air holes are at the TOP of the atomiser rather than the bottom. The "cap" of the Jakiro has two parts - a top cap which has notches for setting the airflow:

16gwaf.jpg

and a main barrel with the air intake slots:

jgpl39.jpg

On removing the barrel and cap, rather than seeing the deck you can see this:

10d7exh.jpg

Some of you will recall that I reviewed, fairly recently, the NeoVapeTek Venturi which operates in much the same way as the Jakiro. But, where the Venturi has a chimney much like many RTAs, the Jakiro has a "stumpy dome" chimney. Here is a view of the inside of the chimney showing the fairly reduced chamber it provides. (Reduced chambers are usually equated with good flavour delivery remember)

28whs12.jpg

So to summarise, when assembled, air enters through the slots in the outer barrel, is sucked down to the slots in the bottom of the chimney, across the coils and then up and out of the drip tip.

Building the Jakiro

Here is the deck of the Jakiro:

ih1dg4.jpg

It is a fairly tight area to build in, but holes are a decent size (not huge but suitable for a reasonably robust dual coil build). I made a dual coil build using machine twisted kanthal (ribbon and wire - one of each) which measures out at 0.7 ohms (remember this is a device aimed at flavour)

asj10.jpg

rbgp04.jpg

I then wicked the coils using Japanese cotton, making sure I left good exposure of the coils:

23rmxat.jpg

I then replaced the chimney, making sure I aligned the slots to the coils:

2j33zwo.jpg

Using the Jakiro

With the outer barrel fitted, the top cap can be rotated relative to the barrel to adjust the airflow (I set both slots to a "tight" setting). It is possible to set the Jakiro to a single air slot (I guess for single coil builds) but as the chimney has two slots and no way of closing one off (I guess you you block it with wick though) I'm not fully convinced.

Removing the top cap gives a very good view of things for "precise" dripping. (You can just drip down the drip tip of course, but I'm fussy):

i5yjyt.jpg

Here is the Jakiro with a drip tip fitted and attached to my Super T Workhorse 18500:

33vp2si.jpg

In my mechanical mod at 4.2v, the Jakiro works well and gives excellent flavour and good vapour. Whilst not a "cloud atomiser", when the airflow is opened up very decent quantities of vapour are produced. I found the Jakiro slightly noisy in use, and in a "tight" airflow setting it is not quite as effective as I would personally prefer. Nevertheless it provides a very decent vape for both mouth to lung and direct lung inhales and very decent flavour. So my conclusion is that, whilst the Venturi does the same thing rather better, at roughly £20, the Jakiro represents very good value for money and is not a disappointing purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread