Status
Not open for further replies.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Why

I was looking for a 22mm rda that was "even smaller" than things like my Hobo to use with my Petit Gros...

What did I get?

The Derringer came reasonably quickly and on opening the parcel, I found two zip bags. The first contained (yet another) hex key and a couple of very small spare grub screws:

350lbpc.jpg

The other bag contained the Derringer. The cap is clearly branded:

2hwlen9.jpg

And the base is plain:

14wrr01.jpg

This view shows one of the airflow slots with the maximum airflow through it set:

5lpgms.jpg

Here is the inside of the cap:

10oe0xv.jpg

The inner (and repositionable) airflow ring is removable from the deck:

33zdvzq.jpg

The deck has integral negative posts, and all the posts have slots rather than holes for the wires:

6565ug.jpg

Building the Derringer

The hex screws work well. I made a coil using 0.25mm three stranded machine twisted Kanthal which tested out at 0.68ohms. I chose this single coil build as I was intending to use the Derringer in my Petit Gros with a 10 amp 18350 battery:

m9bv6f.jpg

wh1mar.jpg

I then wicked the coil with Japanese cotton:

154yr2w.jpg

As this was a single coil build, I positioned the inner airflow ring with the central three holes next to the coil:

28203vc.jpg

On replacing the cap, I set the draw to a fairly tight setting. The setting shown is about as tight as it is possible to get the draw, as closing it further resulted in one of the holes starting to get exposed in the other cap slot. As the inner ring is separate, it might have been a good idea to supply separate rings for dual and single coil builds...

8zpehi.jpg

Conclusion

Here is the Derringer on my Petit Gros:

2qi1vsj.jpg

A small package! As built, the Derringer is supplying a very good "regular mouth to lung" vape and I will declare myself happy with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread