Proteus-VIR sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
Evans, GA
Now that Proteus appears near I need to ask some questions: I never signed up for a number or made any type of reservation. Will I be able to purchase a Proteus on either of these waves? Are all numbers accounted for? A number is unimportant to me, but if I must sign up for a number I will.

Thank you!

I can't really speak for all of the numbers/waves, but go here for this type of inquiry:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/467917-proteus-serial-list.html

You'll be able to get a more definitive answer.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
guys, let me tell you a few things about Proteus - VIR.

VIR is a very complicated product. The worst with VIR is that is very small and so small constructions are very difficult to be made. I really think that I will not make a so small one on my next project (I dont know what next project will be lol)

Its so small and components on pcb are so close each other that I have to manually move some components (using a microscope) to not make contact each other after assembled by the machine. This is a painful work and it doesnt always work at once, so I have to do the same work again and again.

All VIRs are ready. Now I am testing them to see if they work as expected or they need manual adjustments as I wrote before. And thats the most difficult part and thats one more reason that I delay to start preorders. The fact is that when I will see how much time I need for 50 VIR to be corrected, then I will know how much time I need for 700 ones and then I can be sure about preorders time.

The price for an electronic like this is 1 million dollars, no joke. I didnt find a factory to produce it because of its difficulties. I need you to know that VIR is a piece of art and its a handmade product in reality. Machine puts the components and then we adjust them to be sure that all are ok.

Its not possible to make a smaller electronic with all these functions. Imagine that VIR also carries a special software to avoid spring noises (VIR has a mechanical button, something that no other electfronic has) while you press the button, so all menus work as expected.

VIR is not just an electronic and I spend a lot of years to make it, so please be a very little more patient :)

Last edited:

AB Dada

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2014
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Even though it's a competitor product, there is a US made VW cylinder mod that has a nice video showing their in-house technicians repairing their chips -- it is really amazing to watch them resolder the tiniest of chips under a microscope.

Knowing Imeo has to do these by hand means he's got patience in his blood, something I am practicing in my life and something I think all vape enthusiasts learn just by giving up analogs.

I would rather have a perfectly working device than rush the artist to send me something that isn't strong for the long run.

67style

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2014
Germany
true or what? :)

patience-yoda.jpg

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I think I read imeo comment and say that VIR in small form is a difficult product that is not going to be mass produced, due to how difficult it is to make VIR in such a small form.

I wasn't going to get Proteus at first, but after I heard that VIR will not be massed produced in small form again...I thought I should probably get one.

This is not to say that VIR will not ever be made again. Only imeo knows the way with that. But once VIR catches on, I think everyone will want one. Especially if VIR is made as a bigger chip later for ppl to use...they will start saying, 'Did you know that there is actually a smaller version of this chip?'

If imeo only makes the smaller chips for Proteus and other existing GG mods, I think that eventually the smaller VIR chips will be a highly sought after product.

I am thinking along the lines of the first DNA mod that came out on the market...yes that company actually made a mod before they decided to just make chips. But now that mod is no longer made, and collectors will pay big bucks to get one.

The more a product is produced (and more often than not...replicated) the less value it can have. If there are not that many made, and everyone wants one, the value will go up. That is the power of supply and demand.

No one can say for sure, because no one knows the future. But I think VIR will put GG above the rest. That is not to say that it already isn't...in my mind it already is a notch above the rest. Imeo has always delivered the best products in the ecig market, and he stands by his word. He takes the time to answer to everyone here on every little thing...even if he is repeating the same answers he told someone else in the same thread. Now that is passion.

Thank You for the Proteus serial number reserve system. It's not just a "Here it is! Buy one before we sell out!" type of system.

Grab yourself a Proteus while you still can, by reserving a number. [emoji4]

Reactions: imeothanasis

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
Ok Imeo,
I, like many others have been eagerly waiting for a few years for this device to come out to one of your retailers.

When when when???? Please just ship mine direct. :thumbs:

Seriously now, I have not seen any updates recently and was just wondering the expected time of shipment.

I still am reserved for # 302 @ Clouds of Vapor. Where will mine end up now?

Was there any progress in finding a new US seller?

Be well my good friend!!

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Ok Imeo,
I, like many others have been eagerly waiting for a few years for this device to come out to one of your retailers.

When when when???? Please just ship mine direct. :thumbs:

Seriously now, I have not seen any updates recently and was just wondering the expected time of shipment.

I still am reserved for # 302 @ Clouds of Vapor. Where will mine end up now?

Was there any progress in finding a new US seller?

Be well my good friend!!

Hi, all the Proteus that were reserved with COV as the seller were switched to Fluid, but Fluid is not a GG seller anymore. The new USA GG seller is Future Mod Shop (FMS).

Do you want me to switch the seller for your reserved Proteus [HASHTAG]#302[/HASHTAG] from Fluid to FMS?

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
Hi, all the Proteus that were reserved with COV as the seller were switched to Fluid, but Fluid is not a GG seller anymore. The new USA GG seller is Future Mod Shop (FMS).

Do you want me to switch the seller for your reserved Proteus [HASHTAG]#302[/HASHTAG] from Fluid to FMS?

Yes Ariel, Thank you.
I will have to check that site out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread