Questions regarding first mech mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
I think you need to re-read my post. I am saying the exact opposite to that.

Oh, sorry my bad. Since you were so into taking the full 4.2 volts to calculate in the first place I thought you found it safe and only browsed over your post without even ready properly.

Anyway, the way you are safer is because you aren't overdrawing your battery.

2+2=5 [emoji102]

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
This is painful!!

@r055co, we may disagree - but at least I know you know what you are talking about. @yvaiwhy, please re-read this thread and re-visit ohms law.

Sure, I don't have an ego the size of my head. I'll read it till I can read it by heart but no way anyone will recommend taking 4.2 volts as a voltage for building. Maybe you sir know too much. I mistakenly read your post wrong and thought you said over drawing the battery was safe. But you sir need to Join me in the OHMS law for dummies class. I'll sit by and make sure somebody knocks some common sense into that thick skull of yours [emoji4]

2+2=5 [emoji102]

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
Me, I just stay up with Mooch's posts, watch his interviews (multiple times) and I'm good with that ;)

He is the one reliable source when it comes to anything batteries [emoji106] But people like Ben talking without knowledge is a disaster. Sure, maybe I mistakenly read his post as him pro over drawing the Battery. Or he edited the post. If he had a clue of what he was talking about he wouldn't even calculate at 4.2. Hence he later agreed that 3.7 is indeed safe. But questioned why. We all need to educate ourselves and help other within our knowledge eh [emoji4]

2+2=5 [emoji102]

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
Well, this turned South fairly quickly.....

Anyway. As for budget i got around 4k in my currency, wich would be around 400 freedomdollars. And no, i want authentic items, not a clone.

I like the Avid Lyfe setups, you can get a decent mod under $400 for sure. Broadside is also a good one. It has a Delrin tube inside which will prevent any hard shorts in case a battery Wrap is accidentally torn [emoji23]

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
He is the one reliable source when it comes to anything batteries
emoji106.png
But people like Ben talking without knowledge is a disaster. Sure, maybe I mistakenly read his post as him pro over drawing the Battery. Or he edited the post. If he had a clue of what he was talking about he wouldn't even calculate at 4.2. Hence he later agreed that 3.7 is indeed safe. But questioned why. We all need to educate ourselves and help other within our knowledge eh
emoji4.png

2+2=5
emoji102.png

Just for one last time, I have never said that 3.7 is OK. I also never edited the post and the fact you say as such shows just how clueless you are as you have missed the point since post 1.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Will check out that Shiva , if someone with 50 mechs recommend it then it's gotta be good [emoji4]

2+2=5 [emoji102]
you just can't really go wrong with Pinoy Mod's, Filipinos really know their Mech's ;)

If you've got the scratch 2JNT Pilak are mind blowing, 92% pure Silver, amazing doesn't even begin to describe them.

Kotton

Jan 25, 2017
Can a mod delete this thread? It has turned into a ....ing ....show in a " my dick is bigger than yours" kind of way. I`ve had my eyes on a Broadside for a while and it will most likely be the one i get, i just wanted to get some input from people who actually ADV with a tube. Not a 4 page thread of " no! You`r dumb!!" " NO YOU are dumb"

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
you just can't really go wrong with Pinoy Mod's, Filipinos really know their Mech's ;)

If you've got the scratch 2JNT Pilak are mind blowing, 92% pure Silver, amazing doesn't even begin to describe them.

Yeah they are very good. I'm thinking of getting a revolver too [emoji23]

2+2=5 [emoji102]

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Can a mod delete this thread? It has turned into a ....ing ....show in a " my dick is bigger than yours" kind of way. I`ve had my eyes on a Broadside for a while and it will most likely be the one i get, i just wanted to get some input from people who actually ADV with a tube. Not a 4 page thread of " no! You`r dumb!!" " NO YOU are dumb"
They tend to do that sadly at times in public forums.

Anyway the Broadside is a good tube, I don't own one personally since I have the Subzero. The Broadside copied the style from them and added the inner delrin tube which is a nice touch.

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives

Never mind that, you know what we are talking about and clearly have an idea of what you are getting into. The broadside is one fine piece of work too. Specially with the Reload RDA by Reload Vapor [emoji51]

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Yeah they are very good. I'm thinking of getting a revolver too [emoji23]

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Most Pinoy mods are IME over rated.

I cant recommend the Revolver unless you enjoy modifying your gear to fix design flaws.

With the GI Revolver, the brass 510 is press-fit into the aluminum body.
When installing an atomizer, the center pin pushes the entire brass 510 threaded piece out of the mod.

Its a serious design flaw that makes it both dangerous and can damage your gear.

Its a simple fix but unacceptable in any mod at any price.

20170117_204331-1.jpg

Reactions: yvaiwhy

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
Most Pinoy mods are IME over rated.

I cant recommend the Revolver unless you enjoy modifying your gear to fix design flaws.

With the GI Revolver, the brass 510 is press-fit into the aluminum body.
When installing an atomizer, the center pin pushes the entire brass 510 threaded piece out of the mod.

Its a serious design flaw that makes it both dangerous and can damage your gear.

Its a simple fix but unacceptable in any mod at any price.

View attachment 635703

Seems like bit of a hassle but that looks so good [emoji51]

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Seems like bit of a hassle but that looks so good [emoji51]

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Its alot of hassle.
Its fixable, but if I spent full retail on an authentic, id wanna fly to the Philippines and whoop someone's :censored:.

This thing has screws all over it holding it together.
1 more would have solved the issue.
:facepalm: .

Its a decent mod after the fix, but just feels like they phoned it in at the last minute.

There are far better ways to spend a few hundred bucks on vape gear.

Reactions: yvaiwhy

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
Its alot of hassle.
Its fixable, but if I spent full retail on an authentic, id wanna fly to the Philippines and whoop someone's :censored:.

This thing has screws all over it holding it together.
1 more would have solved the issue.
:facepalm: .

Its a decent mod after the fix, but just feels like they phoned it in at the last minute.

There are far better ways to spend a few hundred bucks on vape gear.

True that [emoji106] too bad they missed out that little detail.

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Reactions: Bad Ninja

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Are you for real? Drawing 21A from a 20A battery is safer than drawing 18.5A? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2+2=5 [emoji102]
Do you actually believe that doing the calculation using a higher voltage means that the amp draw will be higher in actual use!?

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread