RBA beginner - Smok Baby Beast help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtheruler79

Jan 28, 2015
Hello,

Long time lurker looking for information to help get started in rebuilding coils. My current rig is an smok Alien with a baby beast tank using octuple .2 coils. I would really appreciate some assistance with a few questions.

Should I purchase the Coil Master V3 beginners kit? If not, what kit would work best?
What wire should I use? I never vape temp only wattage.
How many wraps to get .2?

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
Any coil kit with ceramic tipped tweezers, flush cut pliers, scissors and an ohms reader will be just fine. Coil jigs are handy, but little screwdrivers are just fine for wrapping coils.

As for wire: if you're just doing wattage vaping, kanthal a1 would be a good choice. But the gauge of the wire is up to you. I would recommend buy a spool of various gauges and seeing what you like best. I bought a spool of 22g through 32g and had to try builds with quite a few before I decided on what I liked best.

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I'm not familiar with the RBA on that tank but 26 or 25 guage would be a good place to start. Remember the Alien is a regulated device so resistance is unimportant. The key is low mass high surface area if clouds is what you crave.
Have a play with steam-engine to model a prospective build before you even cut the wire.

Give this a try if it will fit in.
www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?s=dp&r=0.8&awg=26&id=2.5

Pretty much any coiler will do, I've been using this one for over two years with great success.

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
I use the RBA deck for both the Baby Beast and Cloud Beast. The CB RBA is really bipolar when it comes to leaking. Some days it will bleed like a stuck pig, some days not a drop (and this is on the same build).

I'm pretty sure the deck for my BB is a fake because it tends to short out a lot on my alien, but not my other mods.

But they're well worth the investment in my opinion because it's so much cheaper to build your own.

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread