Real Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
After reading all these posts had to try some. I got Shamrock and Lemon Cake in VG from OSDIY. I mixed mine at 14 percent today. They both smell good already.

I guess I will let them sit a couple weeks before I try them. Is that long enough, do you think?
I have used several of the vg but not the two that you have. I usually mix at 10%. I really like these flavors but the vg takes forever to steep. I usually hide them in the cupboard for a good 6-8 weeks just to be sure. Some people use heat to speed up the process. They are worth the wait though. Be sure and let us know how they turn out-I've had my eye on the lemon cake but just haven't ordered it yet. I just mixed my first batch of the pineapple upside down cake today. ..

Reactions: Kenna

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
So I picked up a couple RF SC flavors over there promo

Bread pudding SC
Vanilla Custard SC
Condensed Milk SC
Strawberry SC

I am a new mixer by the way and have a little over 2 months experience mainly mixing others recipes and tweaking them to my liking.

I had no recipes for these RF super concentrates so I decided to just mix on the fly

I tried

Bread Pudding SC 3%
Condensed Milk SC 0.5%
Vanilla Custard SC 1%

I used a 70/30 mix and used the same formula as if these were PG based flavoring although I don't think they are but again I said I was new right lol. Anyways quick heat steep and shake and vape and the flavor was overwhelmingly strong and quite frankly it made me a little sick lol

Has anyone tried the SC versions of these flavors. I feel I way over did it with the bread pudding at %3 as I said it was very VERY strong. IM hoping someone here has some experience with these and can recommend a starting percentage.

I really need to conduct some single flavor testing when I have some free time (which has been in very very short supply for me) but I think the SC version of bread pudding I will start off with 0.5% Single flavor and see how that goes. Again any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am really blown away by how concentrated these are !

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Bread pudding SC
Vanilla Custard SC
Condensed Milk SC
Strawberry SC

I am a new mixer by the way and have a little over 2 months experience mainly mixing others recipes and tweaking them to my liking.

I had no recipes for these RF super concentrates so I decided to just mix on the fly

I tried

Bread Pudding SC 3%
Condensed Milk SC 0.5%
Vanilla Custard SC 1%

I used a 70/30 mix and used the same formula as if these were PG based flavoring although I don't think they are but again I said I was new right lol. Anyways quick heat steep and shake and vape and the flavor was overwhelmingly strong and quite frankly it made me a little sick lol

Has anyone tried the SC versions of these flavors. I feel I way over did it with the bread pudding at %3 as I said it was very VERY strong. IM hoping someone here has some experience with these and can recommend a starting percentage.

I really need to conduct some single flavor testing when I have some free time (which has been in very very short supply for me) but I think the SC version of bread pudding I will start off with 0.5% Single flavor and see how that goes. Again any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Check your order. Sounds like you got the Super Concentrates. Those will mix much lower than the vg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5

Bread pudding SC
Vanilla Custard SC
Condensed Milk SC
Strawberry SC

I tried

Bread Pudding SC 3%
Condensed Milk SC 0.5%
Vanilla Custard SC 1%

I usually shoot for not going above 3.5% total in a recipe of the SC's. If I were mixing those 3 together for testing I would have started at:

Bread Pudding Custard (RFSC)
1.50% Bread Pudding 1 (Real Flavors)
1.50% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)
0.50% Condensed Milk (Real Flavors)

I haven't done any mixing with the Condensed Milk yet, just SF testing, so it is possible with the addition of the Milk the BP could probably go down to 1.0 or 1.25 and the VC could go up an equal amount.

Over on ELR here are the suggested percents for Bread Pudding:
Percentages in recipes
Average mixing quantity: 2.2% (Median: 2.1%)
Minimum used quantity: 1.8%
Maximum used quantity: 3%

Vanilla Custard:
Percentages in recipes
Average mixing quantity: 1.3% (Median: 1%)
Minimum used quantity: 0.2%
Maximum used quantity: 5%
Single flavor recommendations: 2
Average quantity: 1.8% (Median: 2.0%)
Minimum used quantity: 1.5%
Maximum used quantity: 2.0%

And Condensed Milk:
Percentages in recipes
Average mixing quantity: 0.7% (Median: 0.5%)
Maximum used quantity: 7%
Single flavor recommendations: 1
Average quantity: 1% (Median: 0.5%)
Minimum used quantity: 0.5%
Maximum used quantity: 0.5%

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I usually shoot for not going above 3.5% total in a recipe of the SC's. If I were mixing those 3 together for testing I would have started at:

Bread Pudding Custard (RFSC)
1.50% Bread Pudding 1 (Real Flavors)
1.50% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)
0.50% Condensed Milk (Real Flavors)

I haven't done any mixing with the Condensed Milk yet, just SF testing, so it is possible with the addition of the Milk the BP could probably go down to 1.0 or 1.25 and the VC could go up an equal amount.

Over on ELR here are the suggested percents for Bread Pudding:
Percentages in recipes
Average mixing quantity: 2.2% (Median: 2.1%)
Minimum used quantity: 1.8%
Maximum used quantity: 3%

Vanilla Custard:
Percentages in recipes
Average mixing quantity: 1.3% (Median: 1%)
Maximum used quantity: 5%
Single flavor recommendations: 2
Average quantity: 1.8% (Median: 2.0%)
Minimum used quantity: 1.5%
Maximum used quantity: 2.0%

And Condensed Milk:
Percentages in recipes
Average mixing quantity: 0.7% (Median: 0.5%)
Maximum used quantity: 7%
Single flavor recommendations: 1
Average quantity: 1% (Median: 0.5%)
Minimum used quantity: 0.5%
Maximum used quantity: 0.5%
Thanks so much just the answer I was looking for. Also I thought I had checked ELR for any of the SC info but maybe it was Alltheflavors haha thanks so much !!!!

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Thanks so much just the answer I was looking for. Also I thought I had checked ELR for any of the SC info but maybe it was Alltheflavors haha thanks so much !!!!
The RF SC info for suggested percents is changing frequently since they are fairly new and lots of new people have been ordering them over the past few months with all the sales/promos. I just updated my flavor notes on 2 of those 3 while replying to your post. I think I need to go back thru all of my RF SC flavors and make sure all my notes for suggested percents are up to date.

He said he will be having another sale tomorrow hopefully so I am kicking myself for ordering these 19 flavors last weekend.

Yesterdays vape mail:

BCR-1OZ-EXT Butter Cream - Super Concentrate 1
CAR-1OZ-EXT Caramel - Super Concentrate 1
CHO-1OZ-EXT Chocolate - Super Concentrate 1
CIT-1OZ-EXT Cinnamon Toast - Super Concentrate 1
CRC-1OZ-EXT Cream Cheese - Super Concentrate 1
HAZ-1OZ-EXT Hazelnut - Super Concentrate 1
HON-1OZ-EXT Honey - Super Concentrate 1
MER-1OZ-EXT Meringue - Super Concentrate 1
MIL-1OZ-EXT Milk - Super Concentrate 1
PEB-1OZ-EXT Peanut Butter - Super Concentrate 1
PAR-1OZ-EXT Pear - Super Concentrate 1
SOU-1OZ-EXT Souffle - Super Concentrate 1
SCR-1OZ-EXT Sweet Cream - Super Concentrate 1
YOG-1OZ-EXT Yogurt - Super Concentrate 1
TAF-1OZ-EXT Taffy Base - Super Concentrate 1
ORA-1OZ-EXT Orange - Super Concentrate 1
BOY-1OZ-EXT Boysenberry - Super Concentrate 1
YUM-1OZ-EXT Yumberry - Super Concentrate 1
SWP-1OZ-EXT Sweet Potato - Super Concentrate 1

And the full collection at this point:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Have you smelled that Souffle yet?I don't even know what souffle is supposed to taste like,but i certainly hope it tastes better than it smells in the bottle,kinda smells like sour milk haha.
haha yeah I don't know if I have ever ate it, definitely never vaped it, and it has an odd smell. ditto on the meringue. I just mixed them up today so won't be testing them for a few days yet.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Picked up my orders from the PO today.
Yumberry has a heavy cherry smell.
Strawberry Rhubarb can definitely smell the strawberry. I've never had rhubarb so Thatcs the other thing I smell.
Toasted smells like it would be good alone. Bet it does great with others.
Butter Toffee smells exactly like it's name.
Hazelnut does too.
Peppermint Mocha smells great.

Can't wait to try these!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
Strawberry Rhubarb can definitely smell the strawberry. I've never had rhubarb so Thatcs the other thing I smell.
Hazelnut does too.

Can't wait to try these!

My mother used to make strawberry rhubarb cobbler. It was delicious. Hope yours is too.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Thanks on the yumberry,Kenna. I can't vape anything that tastes remotely of cherry.
To me it smells a lot like a cherry cough drop. It might lose thatn or some of it with dilution & steeping. I love cherry cough drops. Kinda thinking i could add menthol & Koolada.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Hazelnut does too.

Can't wait to try these!

yumberry haven't opened/smelled yet
strawberry rhubarb? is that a sc flavor? or a vg? or 2 different flavors?
toasted is awesome, tested at low percent, cant wait to use it in mixes
butter toffee is amazing
hazelnut, havent opened it yet to smell or mix
peppermint mocha = will never buy that lol

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Eggs & cream?

From the descriptions i've read of the real thing,it sounds good,but the flavor definitely has a funky spoiled milk type of smell,i'm almost afraid to taste it haha.Although since it is the sc version,i figure the smell won't be as intense in the finished juice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread