Real Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
I've used a few of theirs usually around 10% for a single flavor. The ones I have done this for are blue razz cotton candy, blood orange, and blackberry. They have several that I want to try. I think on their website there was one person who may have given percentages in the flavors they tried.

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
About 3 weeks ago I discovered real flavors and tested bread pudding and I was impressed so I went on a roll and now have abt 20 in the drawer, I will have to get big bottles of many as I really like the flavor line. It is so consistent across flavors for me. I just got in 12 today and been fast testing. Almost all are keepers.

I been DIY for over 7 years here and used all brands these for me are tops. We are sweet pastry nuts and mess with very few fruits. Keep in mind the more nic you use the worse your taste buds work. A lot of their flavors are delicate and nic makes it hard to get right. I use just enough nic to get a good full bodied juice. Plus all subohm and I hate that dry scratchy taste from nic so we just kept cutting down.

Haven't tried PB Cookie or Cheesecake but all I have I have mixed at 30ml and 40 drops. All were close here like that but will have to tweak I am sure after aging. We use max VG 1.5mg here. I nuke a half a cup of water put the base in the 30ml bottle and set it in water for a few minutes, then add flavor and shake, then agn in more hot water. That helped me lots mixing the VG flavors. My oldest mix is bread pudding and was mixed 3 weeks ago and tastes close to what it was fresh by doing the hot water thing.

bread pudding (this stuff is awesome, perfect touch of cinnamon - addicting)
butterscotch pudding (tried so many times this is the BS for me so creamy)
french toast (you can actually taste the egg in it yummy stuff)
stuffed french toast (best to use french toast and add the berry lol)
strawberry milkshake (very good SB, nice and milky tried so many strawberrys this is the 1 for me)
banana bread (always used FA but not now I love it)
cookies & cream (think abt licking the edge of an Oreo cookie yummy)
cinnamon custard (in the dripper now fresh and very very good)
cream brulee (yummy, so rich ya think you will gain 100 pounds lol)
chocolate cake (good but not my fav, C&C is my thing for choco)

There are more but I forget. Some tweaking will be needed later I am sure but all were very close for me mixed as above. I think I went up on the butterscotch pudding (50 drops 30ml) and same for the cookies & cream. VG based flavors need some temp and setting to be the best it seems to me. You can actually see the flavor blending while it sets in the water.

I have 20 more flavors on the way.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I got a few of the extract flavors today and mixed up the french toast to start at 2%. They recommend the extracts to start at 1 - 3% and the vg line most people start in the 10 - 15 percent range from what I have seen on the other forum and the recipes forum where the owner of RF is active. They now sell the extracts at walmarts online store and are working on getting them on amazon. They are a local company to me and if I like these 3 I bought I will definitely be buying more (already have a walmart cart loaded with more extracts. The extracts seem like the best value to me but a number of the flavors I want to try are not yet available in the extract version. They also have a PDO line of flavors that is even smaller and are working on a new premium line of flavors.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
bread pudding (this stuff is awesome, perfect touch of cinnamon - addicting)
butterscotch pudding (tried so many times this is the BS for me so creamy)
french toast (you can actually taste the egg in it yummy stuff)
stuffed french toast (best to use french toast and add the berry lol)
strawberry milkshake (very good SB, nice and milky tried so many strawberrys this is the 1 for me)
banana bread (always used FA but not now I love it)
cookies & cream (think abt licking the edge of an Oreo cookie yummy)
cinnamon custard (in the dripper now fresh and very very good)
cream brulee (yummy, so rich ya think you will gain 100 pounds lol)
chocolate cake (good but not my fav, C&C is my thing for choco)

wishing I had re-read this before I placed my osdiy order today, meh. That banana bread sounds great.

I have these 3 coming in VG:

1 of : Real Flavors - Aged Bourbon Cream - 30 ml
1 of : Real Flavors - Apple Pie - 30 ml
1 of : Real Flavors - Bread Pudding - 30 ml

My french toast extract is coming along nicely after a warm bath and a few days steeping with some breathing mixed in. Heading down in a bit to mix up the baklava and pumpkin pie extracts with my new badger paint mixer then into a warm bath for a couple hours. I heard they are also working on a cannoli, can't wait for that.

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
I was testing a few that were aged abt a week yesterday in a dripper and some are needing tweaking some I think. The one I like best is fruit danish perfect for me at abt 5% (40 drops in 30ml). Seems all juice like this they overdo the AP and the roll part just ruins it, but they got it right. And french toast was great also amazing to taste that egg in that sweet syrup and still taste the very light AP (bread).

I couldn't stand 10% wow that would be like drinking it. I mix around 4-5% with the VG but like I say I use light 1.5mg nic and the more nic the less the true taste least for me. That Baklava I have it also and it was pretty good fresh I will drip some today it has had a week setting. I tried bread pudding in extract and it was no where close to what the VG tasted like, I will pass on the alcohol.

Aged Bourbon cream is great as a mixer I used it in a vanilla malt recipe I cooked up here it added just the touch it needed for me. This morning it is Cinnamon Custard which is pretty good I really like the cinnamon they use, that Bread Pudding is some yummy stuff now I vaped that 3 or 4 days straight when I 1st got it, that was my 1st Real test.

I am going to get abt 15 more once the weekend is over darn waiting sucks, that was why I waited on this order didn't want to wait thru the weekend. I just get the 5ml to test, but so far I haven't seen any that I really dislike but there are some I will likely never use. Still my favs are cookies & cream and fruit danish. The cookies & cream I used 47 drops in 30ml I think that is very close to 5%. 1stop and gremlin is where I been buying I can't see those huge bottles at Real I can't afford that wow and I am 63 years old I will be long dead before I can use a huge bottle. I have 20 tanks setting here I switch many times a day so never same flavor very long they last us a long time. My fav for a year has been 1on1's Vanilla Butternut something about that stuff just hits me perfect any time of day almost I tried every brand and none came close. I add just a tad of 1on1 Milky Undertone (this will help many preblended flavors out) to it and I never use sweetener or Maltal that stuff kills everything I put it in, I use FW Candy Corn lightly when I want to sweeten something. That is another company I really like most of what they have. 1on1, fw, & real That is my main lines of flavors the rest blah to me just not real taste. As we know taste is just different for us all that is why from the start I DIYed, I bet in over 7 years I bought 2 bottles of juice when I 1st started.

Whatever ya vape enjoy it. I am into French Toast here this am in a Kanger plus lol.

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
Sorry I thought it was but the wife says it was Baked Bread. Duh CRS gets us old farts bad. And the Baked Bread VG is good with some butter and I think I used LA butter but not sure there either. She still vapes it she says, and she says I need to mix more she abt out but I got news for her she will get VG. She added some 1on1 honey she says a few drops in 30ml. I don't buy from Real as I said. She vapes things I would never try lol. But I just took a few hits of her honey bread she calls it and it is pretty good. I think I used abt 2% when I did it then a tad butter I would have to look at juicemeup to know for sure. But I got an alcohol taste myself my old taste buds are sensitive. I mixed same thing in VG it was much better for me.

The trouble with flavors that take so little is ya have to tweak so ez it gets tough making small batches. Like the Gourmet line from Baker (VapingZone) man those things are touchy and the steep time makes it really bad, I am constantly tweaky so I just gave up on em, but damn the Cream Charlotte is so good when ya get it just right, then it sets a few weeks and ya tweaking agn.

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
I been dripping Boston Cream Pie all day darn that stuff grows on ya. Wife says it tastes like real thing, I am unfamiliar with the pie so can't say but I know it is light choco and very creamy with just slight crust, AP isn't super powered I like that. It sat abt 3 or 4 days and was mixed same as abt all I did around 5% and it is the VG based stuff. Went thru 10ml of it almost in a few hours. But again a very delicate flavor as most of em but sure good in a .3 ohm single coil dripper 25 watts (Velocity with glass topper).

This company for sure has my attention with this VG line damn I will go broke.

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
Dripping Baklava this morning, abt 5 days old same mix 30ml & 40 drops but it is a tad strong so later on will have adjust it down prolly. Maybe 30ml & 35 drops we will see, it is likely abt right in a tank. Sure is rich this crap would make ya gain 300lbs in a month of eating it. Nuts are there and abt right tastes like pecan, nice butter with not heavy overdone I like it so far. Sorta has a butterscotch taste least for me with the nuts and I taste vanilla in there. Pretty good I think. This may turn out to be the 1st RF I mix at 1 drop per ML, I haven't went below 30ml/40drps in any I don't think yet. This flavor would be great with heavier nic I bet, it isn't a delicate one.

BTW I adjusted the Butterscotch Pudding down to 30ml/43drops from the 50 drops that was way heavy didn't even taste like butterscotch was way heavy it gains flavor lots with aging much more than some have but I think it was mixed before I started 2 or 3 hot baths when I mixed that really seems to make a huge difference for me. I was going to try couple extracts yesterday but no way I pay for a huge bottle to test haven't seen any resellers with the extracts in small bottles. 15ml lasts us months heck I have some often vaped FW flavors in 7ml bottles with still half left after months. Sorry I bet I aggravate everybody using drops instead of % but to me much easier, been doing it so long I know how to adjust better that way and I never measure the base mixing I know where 30ml line is in my bottles. I mix up huge amounts of base when I buy and keep it in 160ml bottles in fridge then just get out a bottle when needed.

Here is a tip that I use some, a few recipes just need a tad sweet and I will sometimes use Walmart VG for them it tends to be a bit sweeter it seems. Plus those Walmart VG bottles are great for storage that is what I keep my base divided up in they have a nice dispenser cap.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
My 2% French Toast is really starting to taste great after 4 days steeping. I mixed up Baklava and Pumpkin Pie at 2% 2 days ago (using my Badger paint mixer that I did not have when I made the French Toast) and am eager to give them a try in another day or 3, if I can wait that long. All of them got a couple hour Warm (not the Low setting) bath in my crock pot and have had the tops removed for a couple hours once or twice to let them breathe.

My VG RF flavors I got from OSDIY should be here Thursday.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Dripping Baklava this morning, abt 5 days old same mix 30ml & 40 drops but it is a tad strong so later on will have adjust it down prolly. ....

I found the same with the Baklava and Pumpkin Pie I mixed 2 days ago at 2% and just tested. Really good but a bit too much flavor I think. I am going to let them steep a few more days and maybe try running them through a tank instead of a dripper before I decide but I think I need to dilute my test batches a bit to get them down around 1.5% flavoring. I am liking them both for sure but I think any new extracts I buy in the future I will start at 1 or 1.5% instead of 2%.

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
My 2% French Toast is really starting to taste great after 4 days steeping. I mixed up Baklava and Pumpkin Pie at 2% 2 days ago (using my Badger paint mixer that I did not have when I made the French Toast) and am eager to give them a try in another day or 3, if I can wait that long. All of them got a couple hour Warm (not the Low setting) bath in my crock pot and have had the tops removed for a couple hours once or twice to let them breathe.

My VG RF flavors I got from OSDIY should be here Thursday.
I understand the hard to wait part lol. Yea that Baklava I been vaping it all day dripped 10ml of it and I like it. I have taped bottles to my saws all before to blend. Right now I have Chocolate Cake in a 2nd dripper it is pretty good. Mixed same as most. I am surprised I have never before got in vape mail and liked every flavor in a big order these folks got their act together. I got in 10 the other day I think, I liked em all that has never happened before. I like to buy from Kim also but I got all the flavors she had so had to use Gremlin. Bad thing from Kim you have to have dripper bottles and Gremlin uses drip bottles. But 1.75 for 5ml and cheap ship I can live with. Some of the test stuff from Gremlin was 15ml they were sold out of some 5ml flavors.

That French Toast is good stuff my wife hasn't put it down in a week. This Choco Cake I am starting to really like also, heck I like all of the flavors. I reordered 15ml bottles of these they are real keepers

Cherry Pie
Chocolate Milkshake
Cinnamon Custard
Creme Brulee
Fruit Danish
plus several test bottles

I got big bottles of Banana Bread, Bread Pudding, French Toast, Cookies & Cream, Butterscotch Pudding, and Aged Bourbon Cream from Kim on my 1st Real test order that is my fav flavor store but they don't carry 1on1 GGRRR, 1on1 has some good true flavors also. If you like Tapioca Pudding try 1on1 it is just like the real deal. And most of theirs works good for me at 1 drop per ML but more expensive. This Choco is as close as I have seen to suiting me and I have tried many, it actually tastes to me just like real cake right down to the icing in my throat.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
@jombo which site are you referencing when you mention Kim? Where do you buy your 1on1 flavors? I have never tried them before but so far I am liking these RF extracts and the 1 ounce bottles of FT, PP and Baklava I got (which were doubled up last weekend for free) are going to last me an eternity. I will be mixing up a 100ml bottle of this French Toast soon I think.

Eager to try the VG flavors I ordered as well but if whatever flavor I want from RF is available in extract form that will be the way I go most likely. I would much rather use 1 - 3% versus 5 - 15% if I can.

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
OSDIY (Kim) and
1on1 (actually OOO) One-on-One Flavors | Liquid Flavor Concentrates PG VG Based Over 400 New and Exotic Flavors
Gremlin Gremlin DIY (they have lots more RF flavors but VG only)
Yea I understand on the using less, me I am hooked on the RF VG junk is all. Can't afford to test everything I want to. And I am so impressed with these VG suckers I went buy nuts lol. Yea us too a 15ml bottle of flavor lasts us a long time. 1on1 has some great flavors and it isn't that expensive but it costs a bit more. I use many of theirs just too costly to test many as least they sell is 10ml. Vanilla Butternut and Tapioca Pudding I use lots though also they have a good Milky Undertone that works in many recipes adds a behind the scene milk. Give em a look they are for sure up in my fav list their stuff to me is like the real stuff least what I have tried and cheap shipping from Calif. I would test more from there if I could get smaller bottles. I vape that Tapioca some everyday it is awesome. Like RF they do it good.

I spent more this last week on RF than I have spent in months on vape junk. OSDIY (Kim) caused it when I tried RF from there, I was just getting a bottle of FA Chocolate Coconut Almond for a friend and seen RF thought hey I wanta try some. That was my mistake I was hooked, for years I blended and played but when I can buy it premixed as good as this hey give it to me.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
It is definitely the clove notes I am not liking in the Baklava. I hated clove cigarettes when I used to smoke and now that I know it is an ingredient in some baklava recipes it is all I can taste in this juice. I have not yet tried diluting it down to 1.5% or lower with some unflavored but I did try this on one of my RDA's coils and French Toast on the other and it helped mellow the clove notes some but not sure if that is the way I want to go with the next batch of this. I will let it steep some more before I make any decisions and may actually go to a local bakery and grab some baklava for comparison, you know for science. :grin:

I haven't revisited the pumpkin pie but will again in another day or 2.

The French Toast is getting better and better with age. I will be making a bigger batch of this soon for sure, just need to decide if I want to up the flavor % or not.

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
I never seen clove in any online Baklava recipes, only looked at couple curious what it was. I taste no clove just buttery nutty richness, clove tastes nasty sorta to me but don't taste it there. I am vaping bread pudding (yummy) here picked up a tank and it had that in it, well over week old same as day I mixed it I think just a tad weaker in a tank than dripper. BTW OOO has free shipping for a few days. And Gremlin has 15% off a few days I didn't look at front page before I ordered so I missed the 15% off (dumbass me) so I went ahead and got 6 more flavors and a big bottle of baklava I like that rich stuff awesome in a dripper, I have vaped almost 30ml in 2 days. They got abt 60.00 of my money yesterday. Then the 1st order was half that heck I haven't spent that much on vaping in years since original hardware.

Everybody has their own tastes in 50 years smoking never ran into clove cigs I smoked lucky strikes and camel no filters my whole life (or anything I could get hold of) wouldn't have mattered heck I smoke anything don't ya know. Funny how folks will like something till they find out something is in it, wife is like that she will say wow I love that then 2 hours later I tell her it has very light coconut in it and instantly she hates it. I won't tell her it has clove, if I tell her she will hate it I will wait a year then tell her after she vaped a gallon. Like me I don't like syrup stuff but they got this french toast just right I love it. It is whatever they are using to replace the PG in the flavor it is so smooth unlike PG flavors I think in my case, I hate that dry taste and harsh throat from PG reminds me of cigs. I read somewhere what they use but I forgot. They have to thin it not thick enough for all VG.

from the website
Do your flavors contain alcohols?
Yes and No. We try to remove as much as can during the flavor making process. The amount in the end product is very some. Sometimes so low it does not show up on testing at all.

If these are all VG extracts, why are they not super thick?
When we extract or create a flavor, it will have some elements added that may result in a thinning of the VG. This makes the flavor closer to the viscosity of PG and is not as thick as raw VG.

That was my hate at smoking I had no taste buds period, and 1st 3 years vaping same thing then I cut the nic down to 1.5 when I started subohm and few weeks later I could taste anything and everything. I smoked for 55 years 2 or 3 packs a day and a pipe lots of the time, started when I was abt 10 years old. I used to use a ton of salt on everything, not now we use almost zero salt in anything we have taste buds nowdays.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
@jombo it sounds like I need to try the vg version of baklava. What percent are you mixing that at? And how long do you let it steep?

I have a feeling (hope I guess) that the clove taste I am getting will subside after a longer steep so I am going to set it aside for now and check it once a week or so and see how it progresses, same with the pumpkin pie. The 3 VG flavors I ordered should be here Thursday.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I never seen clove in any online Baklava recipes, only looked at couple curious what it was. ....
I had never got that note when eating baklava from local bakeries but when I googled 'baklava ingredients' that was something google said was a common ingredient and since then that is all I can taste. A poster on the recipe forum suggested the cloves notes may subside after a longer steep, similar to how cinnamon flavors do, and now I am hopeful she is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread