Not open for further replies.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
I searched through internet and all I found was three useful links:

r/DIY_eJuice - 7 Lorann mixes... review inside

r/DIY_eJuice - Lorann flavor summary - my experiences mixing with LA

LorAnn Flavors- Don't use a calculator! - Some Recipes/Tips

I bought some LorAnn Flavors based on the information provided in these links. Here is the list:

Cheesecake
Peanut Butter
Bubble Gum
Coconut
Bavarian Cream
Raspberry
Mint Chocolate Chips

I tried "10% cheesecake 5% peanut butter". It tastes good, but nothing like cheesecake or peanut butter! For steeping, I put the mixture bottle in a thermos containing 60C water for 6 hours. Is that good enough for steeping?

I'd appreciate any recommendations or recipes for the available flavors.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I searched through internet and all I found was three useful links:

r/DIY_eJuice - 7 Lorann mixes... review inside

r/DIY_eJuice - Lorann flavor summary - my experiences mixing with LA

LorAnn Flavors- Don't use a calculator! - Some Recipes/Tips

I bought some LorAnn Flavors based on the information provided in these links. Here is the list:

Cheesecake
Peanut Butter
Bubble Gum
Coconut
Bavarian Cream
Raspberry
Mint Chocolate Chips

I tried "10% cheesecake 5% peanut butter". It tastes good, but nothing like cheesecake or peanut butter! For steeping, I put the mixture bottle in a thermos containing 60C water for 6 hours. Is that good enough for steeping?

I'd appreciate any recommendations or recipes for the available flavors.
According to the first page of your 3rd link, it says do not use % to use drops from the bottle. These may have been modified by the company since then but its unlikely since LorAnn does not want any association with their flavors uses in e-cigarette ejuice.

These are very concentrated flavoring but they are also just that. None of the 'helper' types are included in these flavors. You need some creams to go along with that cheesecake, so may want to add a little of that Bavarian Cream to it. Peanut butter I have not tried so sorry can't help you with that one. The peanut butter I use is from other vendors and requires long steeping time.

Steeping is the aging of the juice. Heat can sometimes help it but not much. Put that mix in a dark cool place and allow it to age for a week or 2 then check on it. If it still isn't tasting right, let it sit some more.

I do use the LorAnn Bubblegum and it is very good. Very strong so again use only drops not %. A little goes a long way.....
That is it for what I have tried that is on your list....
Hope this may help some.
:)

• Useful
Reactions: Asmani

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I don't use Lorann's. Out of what you have Cheesecake and Peanut Butter would be the last thing on my mind.

Pairings that come to my mind:

Cheesecake and Raspberry. Maybe Mint Chocolate Chips with those two. Maybe Bavarian Cream with those three.

Bubble Gum and Raspberry.

Making a recipe is a shot in the dark. It's a shot in the dark whether you make your own or you copy someone else's. Start out small, 5ml. If it needs changes make changes and depending on how good it was make more the next time. Keep making changes until you find something you really like.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
Steeping is the aging of the juice. Heat can sometimes help it but not much. Put that mix in a dark cool place and allow it to age for a week or 2 then check on it. If it still isn't tasting right, let it sit some more.
Dark cool place... Is fridge suitable?

I do use the LorAnn Bubblegum and it is very good. Very strong so again use only drops not %. A little goes a long way.....
Do you use Bubblegum on its own, or mix it?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
You should steep at room temp. The fridge may slow down the process.
Once when steeped you can place in fridge. I do and think it helps my juice stay fresher longer.

I also use another bubble gum along wi the lorAnn. Usually tpa or fw. I make a bottle using 10 % of their flavoring or so and then add drops from the bottle of lorAnn to taste. Most flavor makers offer their own versions of bb so whatever is available to you should work fine.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Dark cool place... Is fridge suitable?
"The best method of steeping for a frugal vaper is just that, steeping(well, aging, but for some reason the term steeping stuck.) This method, you literally age your juice as you would a wine, bourbon, or hot sauce. You take your bottles, put them somewhere cool and dark, and wait. Creams and tobaccos(bold flavors) require a longer steep than fruits and candies("fresh" flavors.) If you are new to DIY, I highly recommend starting with fruit flavors, since patience is definitely a learned trait. Ultrasonic cleaners and power tools would be about the same in my opinion, as both have benefits to the other."
Sorry, can't post the link --Forum rules.
Steeping is not something I consider a subject of concern. Some juices change a little with aging; some change a lot. I mix many mixes per mixing session and everything gets 4 weeks min. and more often, 2-3 months is not unusual. It's all about managing what you mix vs what you have left in stock. I believe If a mix is not good or has not approached my minimal taste acceptance (after a few shakes various times through the aging process) the mix is a failure. If the taste is good only after 2-3 weeks and goes down hill, it's not for me. If anyone believes a more rigorous mechanical/thermal intervention hastens and improves your mix, go for it.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I assume group 1 needs more steeping and group 2 needs little or none?

1. Cheesecake, Peanut Butter, Bavarian Cream, Mint Chocolate Chips

2. Bubble Gum, Coconut, Raspberry

All of those flavors do need to steep at least 1 week if not 2 and some 8-9 weeks. The only shake and vape flavors that I have found are usually fruit flavors and even those benefit from steeping.

If looking for a true shake and vape ejuice mix the best shot we all have is buying what is called one-shot flavors. This is where all of the flavor ingredients of a recipe needed to make a finished ejuice are already combined and the vendor names the final product whatever they choose. The benefit for us is that we can purchase these one shot type flavors and add to it our own nic, pg/vg and adding whatever % we think is needed. More importantly it gives us something to vape while figuring out how to diy and shows the new mixer just how easy it can be and gives you confidence in making your own ejuice.

FlavourArt has come out with some of these one shot flavorings called Pazzo and has ones like Ace which is a blend of various tropical fruits. Instead of us having to purchase separate flavors to mix our own FlavourArt has done if for us.

I only listed FlavourArt as an example of what is available out there.

Hope this helps.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
I made six juices. I'm gonna let them be for a month, dilute them if needed, and then post the results here.

12% Cheesecake, 6% Peanut butter, 1% Bavarian Cream
12% Mint Chocolate Chips, 6% Coconut, 1% Bavarian Cream
12% Cheesecake, 6% Raspberry, 1% Bavarian Cream
12% Bubble Gum, 6% Raspberry, 3% Bavarian Cream
12% Coconut, 6% Raspberry
14% Peanut Butter, 7% Bavarian Cream

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
12% Cheesecake, 6% Peanut butter, 1% Bavarian Cream
12% Mint Chocolate Chips, 6% Coconut, 1% Bavarian Cream
12% Cheesecake, 6% Raspberry, 1% Bavarian Cream
12% Bubble Gum, 6% Raspberry, 3% Bavarian Cream
12% Coconut, 6% Raspberry
14% Peanut Butter, 7% Bavarian Cream

Based on your % used in the above mixes...it makes me wonder if you saw the following post from Sugar_and_Spice earlier:

These are very concentrated flavoring but they are also just that. None of the 'helper' types are included in these flavors.

I agree with her, and IMO, you're going to have some really potent mixes with those. You've used 18% total flavorings in 1 of them, 19% total flavorings in 3 of them, and 21% total flavorings in 2 of them. I've never seen anyone use those high total % when making their eliquids with all Lorann flavorings.

I see that you said you'll dilute them if needed, but hopefully you realize it may take quite a bit plain PG and plain VG to do that (depending on the size of your mixes to start with). Also, when you dilute them...you'll also be lowering the total nic mg you were hoping to end up with. So you'll need to add more nic base, too...after you figure out how much of it to add.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Based on your % used in the above mixes...it makes me wonder if you saw the following post from Sugar_and_Spice earlier:

IMO, you're going to have some really potent mixes with those. You've used 18% total flavorings in 1 of them, 19% total flavorings in 3 of them, and 21% total flavorings in 2 of them. I've never seen anyone use those high total % when making their eliquids with all Lorann flavorings.

I see that you said you'll dilute them if needed, but hopefully you realize it'll may take quite a bit of your plain PG and plain VG to do that (depending on what size your mixes are to start with). Also, when you dilute them...you'll also be diluting/lowering the total nic mg you were hoping to end up with. So you'll need to add more nic base, too...after you figure out how much of it to add.
It is a possibility that with these high % that he will taste nothing at all.....I don't know since I have never tried % that high. But I do know that too much flavoring cancels everything out just about and you are left with a gawd-awful chemical taste. Guess we will find out when he posts results.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
To be honest, the taste is still weak in comparison to e-juices I buy! Could it be because the flavors are about to reach their expiration date?
Most flavoring will last many years if kept out of heat/sunlight. Flavors do get stronger the more they age and become what flavor you bought. Patience is the key. Sorry. Maybe, somehow, your flavorings themselves are diluted? Were the bottles totally sealed when you received them? Did you buy them from someone that has a vape shop or from a flavor maker website?

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

I agree with her, and IMO, you're going to have some really potent mixes with those. You've used 18% total flavorings in 1 of them, 19% total flavorings in 3 of them, and 21% total flavorings in 2 of them. I've never seen anyone use those high total % when making their eliquids with all Lorann flavorings.

I see that you said you'll dilute them if needed, but hopefully you realize it may take quite a bit plain PG and plain VG to do that (depending on the size of your mixes to start with). Also, when you dilute them...you'll also be lowering the total nic mg you were hoping to end up with. So you'll need to add more nic base, too...after you figure out how much of it to add.

Hopefully 5ml batches and making them into 10ml-15ml-20ml batches will get them into more reasonable ranges. Not 30ml batches that need cut into 60ml-90ml-120ml batches (or bigger).

Diluting them can be as easy as mixing up unflavored nicotine in the same mg.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
Were the bottles totally sealed when you received them
Not very well. It can easily be opened and closed and still look sealed:

upload_2018-7-19_22-48-52.png

But I trust the vendor. It's a bakery stuff shop.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not sure I'd trust a bakery shop any more than I'd trust any OTHER vendor, TBH.

You did get the vape version (dissolved in PG/VG and INTENDED for vaping, right?) Because your pic says "Lorann Oils," which does NOT inspire confidence in me, as vape flavors are prepared to be vaped, NOT cooked with.

Of course, you have most of the information, not me, but unless it was DIRECTLY specified that they are vape flavors, and not BAKERY flavors and./or Lorann is interchangeable between the two (which may ALSO be possible) well, IDK it could be the reason for your rather inconsistent results.

I could be 100% wrong, but I don't think flavors should degrade that fast under normal conditions, but you did buy from a bakery shop and they are full of OVENS and if the top seal has come UNSEALED, it could mean they were subjected to more heat than was really good for them, necessarily, also.

Anna

Reactions: Asmani

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Not very well. It can easily be opened and closed and still look sealed:

View attachment 755237

But I trust the vendor. It's a bakery stuff shop.
Well, I am kind of at a loss as to what to suggest now. I have told you all I know about LorAnn flavors I have tried. May be you are onto something in that they lost some flavoring as you say they are nearing expiration date. The bottles I have do not have an expiration date on them and look different from your picture. But that could just be due to the size of the bottles. I have some 30ml(1 ounce) bottles and they are in dark amber colored bottles. Sorry I could not have been more help to you.....

eta--go to next page.....may have found the answer.....:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread