Recipe for BWB malty toffee and malty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
TPA Malted Milk wasn't a flavor when BWB was selling Malty/Malty Toffee, so that's not it.

ok, so that probably eliminates PA's malted milk as "the" malt that is in malty currently...however, there is a malt flavoring of *some* type/brand in it, as PA's malted milk is right on the money on taste.

Last edited:

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
No malted milk in Malty that i know of . I got a perfect Malty . Its just 70/30pg with 6% EM . Tastes exact to malty .

I had previously made some, with the proportions you did .. and also one with a little more EM in it. Even after steeping them for a week neither of them tasted like Malty to me. I think everyone's taste buds are different and for me, once I made a test batch with the Malted Milk added today, then it tasted like Malty to me. But I have not let it steep yet, so it could taste totally different after it steeps. And perhaps my original EM-only batches need to steep longer than a week .. I do plan to try them again in a few more days.

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
TPA Malted Milk wasn't a flavor when BWB was selling Malty/Malty Toffee, so that's not it.

btw, do you know the dates of when each came into existence? i'm not trying to be sarcastic here...i am simply trying to prevent us from being inadvertently thrown off-track...i know PA's malted milk has been in existence at least since early 2010, and probably before that...and, according to posts on the forum, BWB used to have a pic of malted milk balls on their site for advertising malty...hmmm.

Last edited:

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
...and, according to posts on the forum, BWB used to have a pic of malted milk balls on their site for advertising malty...hmmm.

hmmmmm .. BWB doesnt use crazy names for any of his juices, he basically names them by what they have in them. Whether the malted milk is in his Malty or not I do know that what I made today is yummy-yummy.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I really dont think theres any malted milk in it at all . Dont let BWBs name Malty fool you .Malty could stand for the thickness even . Malty tastes exactly to the T like EM . I vaped my malty vs BWB malty side by side and it is exactly the same taste so it cant be subjectivity . I have TPA malted milk and there not a hint of the same taste in it . Malty tastes like toasted/caramel/cotton candy not like malted milk balls .

BTW 15% EM is way to high . Iv tried so many percentages and 6-9% had the most flavor and didnt fall flat after steeping . At 15% its good for a little while but the next day it becomes overflavored and loses all of its taste .

Last edited:

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
I really dont think theres any malted milk in it at all . Dont let BWBs name Malty fool you .Malty could stand for the thickness even . Malty tastes exactly to the T like EM . I vaped my malty vs BWB malty side by side and it is exactly the same taste so it cant be subjectivity . I have TPA malted milk and there not a hint of the same taste in it . Malty tastes like toasted/caramel/cotton candy not like malted milk balls .

BTW 15% EM is way to high . Iv tried so many percentages and 6-9% had the most flavor and didnt fall flat after steeping . At 15% its good for a little while but the next day it becomes overflavored and loses all of its taste .

While I've used TPA Malted Milk in some test juices, I don't care for it. I think we can also count it out of the Malty or Malty Toffee discussion.

But, the FF Malt extract + a 6% or so EM flavoring is starting to sound like it could be the winner. I think there's something more than just EM that makes up Malty.

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
Dont let BWBs name Malty fool you .Malty could stand for the thickness even . Malty tastes exactly to the T like EM . I vaped my malty vs BWB malty side by side and it is exactly the same taste so it cant be subjectivity.

it definitely can be subjectivity....because many of us have done exactly what you did (myself included) and said "it's similar, but something is missing." btw, have you actually mixed up a batch of VG & EM with malted milk? -- if not, try it (at a low % of each, as we're coming to find out) and let us know what you think.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
it definitely can be subjectivity....because many of us have done exactly what you did (myself included) and said "it's similar, but something is missing." btw, have you actually mixed up a batch of VG & EM with malted milk? -- if not, try it (at a low % of each, as we're coming to find out) and let us know what you think.

I first made it with 15% of EM and 15% Malted Milk, it had way too much flavoring for me. So next I reduced it down to 10% of each but that still had too miuch flavoring for me. This morning I reduced it down to 6% EM and 6% Malted Milk and it is much better for me (who doesnt like BIG flavors). Now I'll let it steep.

canoeist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Piedmont, SC
www.mcleanweb.org
While I've used TPA Malted Milk in some test juices, I don't care for it. I think we can also count it out of the Malty or Malty Toffee discussion.

But, the FF Malt extract + a 6% or so EM flavoring is starting to sound like it could be the winner. I think there's something more than just EM that makes up Malty.

There is something else in it for sure. Whatever it is, it kills cartos a lot faster than just a mix with EM in it.

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
I really dont think theres any malted milk in it at all ....... vaped my malty vs BWB malty side by side and it is exactly the same taste so it cant be subjectivity .

Ahh, but you forget...taste, in GENERAL is subjective. This is how it registers in comparison to YOUR taste buds. Not going to happen with everyone that tries this experiment unless by some trick of the cosmos (unlikely) someone comes up with the exact formula for BWB Malty ;)

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
i don't like malted milk either....I don't think it's in mt....I also have some barley here too..haven't tried it yet....but I don't think it's in mt....jmo tho..I could be wrong...lol...

Malt vinegar is made from barley and corn malt!?

I just sampled my mix, its only a few hours old but tastes pretty good. Not bad! Very close to BWB Malty.
I keep sampling as I write this....And wow, this is really turning out to be good!

I'll be back after it steeps for a day or two.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread