Recommendations for small box mods and minis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liazard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2016
Need a reliable mod for home and car use, and also want to step up what I carry around with me.

I don't have a mod currently but I think it would be the best choice for home and car use. For the pocket I'm currently using some rather unreliable-when-refilled pod systems (juul and My von erl), and the eleaf iCare which has an unpredictable tendency to spit very badly.

Looking for reliable and no spitting, period, and as small as practical. Hoping I can hear mostly about solid devices that you trust to work 99% of the time. Not looking for cool novelties.

So for home and car I'm looking for recommendations for very small minis, along the lines of
Joyetech eVic AIO 75W TC All In One Kit
Wismec Reuleaux RX75 Full Kit
Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC Starter Kit
which I think are comparable because they are all 75W, have wattage and other adjustments beyond airflow, are button-fired, and are fairly small.

Also looking for separate recommendations for what I would call the next class down, which includes super small but less-adjustable mini tank systems like
MyVapors myMini Ultra Portable Kit
Kanger TOGO Mini All In One Starter Kit

Eleaf iNano Full Kit
Eleaf iCare
These i think are comparable because they are super-small but do not have the fancier adjustments and displays but do have refillable tanks and replaceable coils, unlike pod systems, and are autofire.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Wackyjak

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Florida
I bought a Togo mini to replace my walking ,bike. jog etc. devise. All in one no leak is what grabbed me. IMO the devise is to weak for the coils they send with it. Ramp up time was so long I would hit the button once to heat it and then again to take a pull. (maybe mine came messed up) I bought the rba for it. I used kanthal first and it was a dud. Second was ss316 about 5- 6 2.5mm spaced wraps. Fires right up, the vape is ok for what I wanted. Nothing like my tc dna mods with a ti build but its small and I can stick it in my pocket no tank sticking up. Second buy I made to replace my driver was a Vaporesso tarot mini kit. No leak tank, coils are good and cheap. Ceramic last for a long time. Vapes like a champ in power mode. TC was a big let down until I used there e-ciga software. They had the tcr for Ti set to 266. I think steam engine had it for 366. I guess some one goofed. I have to hook it up again to check it. First time I had it up it listed the ss tcr at 94 then next time it was at 144 which was better maybe the software updated or I changed it. (tuff to get old). After the adjust to the tcr values Im happy. Also has adjustable curve on the devise for both power and tc mode with a graph on the screen, (not that bored to play with it yet) I hope your happy with what ever you get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skold

Liazard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2016
For the mod I got a Kanger Cupti. Working great. For little tank systems I'll stick with Eleaf iCare although I might also try a Kanger TOGO Mini.
So I've been vaping for over a year but always with pod systems or little minis like iCare. With the Cupti (up to 75W with a display) I'm seeing wattage for the first time and haven't had to use more than 15 watts with my liquids and the 1.5 ohm coil, which seems to work fine for me. Not sure what folks are using these things for to need 300 or more watts. Seriously?

Anyway, does this mean that if I bought another mod I could go with a lower-wattage device than the Cupti? Like 40W or less? And maybe smaller batteries and cost?

Last edited:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I use the MOD's in TC Mode for higher wattage vaping. With a standard Kanthal Coil like in the Baby Beast even though it says 40-100 Watts 30-35 maximum is perfect for me. With my Nautilus Mini 1.6Ω coils I have lowered it from when I was near the Max or at it down to 9.5W to 10.5W finding a smoother cooler vape is better in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread