Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so it is clear there are two dominating types of e-cigs. The 3 piece with separate cartridge and the newer 2 piece with cartomizer (combo cart./atomizer)

Most simple cartridges can be refilled by simply dropping the e-juice in the empty cartridge.

It seems to be foggy as to the refillability of the cartomizers; a manufacturer told me know, then corrected themselves when I showed them a video of their KR808D1 being refilled.

Question is which type cartridge/cartomizer will hold more liquid on average?

Also the KR808D1 has a cotton substance in which surrounds the atomizer. Is there any PG/VG in the substance or is it only e-juice immersed in the cotton?

Reddit - AlternatveSmoking

Bageone

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2010
Sacramento, CA
If drippers only knew that a cartomizer is the automatic version of direct dripping;)

I was a dripper until yesterday, when my 510 Cartomizers arrived... your description is perfect. I was also getting a sore inner lip from dripping with the delrin tip. I LOVE cartomizers and the flavor is so good with them.. happy cartomizer!

MichaelB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Using Taryn's spin trick I have been able to get 25-30 drips in my refill carts for my 808d-1 and E9. This method can be found at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/58027-vaporking-user-guide.html

I have refilled my carts 3 times so far without an problems. I mix my own with 30% VG. Most carts are sold with PG only unless you get the VG carts. PG gives you you more TH and VG gives you more vapor. I prefer more vapor. Good Luck
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/58027-vaporking-user-guide.html

Last edited:

KeepNitReel

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Petersburg,Va
I was a dripper until yesterday, when my 510 Cartomizers arrived... your description is perfect. I was also getting a sore inner lip from dripping with the delrin tip. I LOVE cartomizers and the flavor is so good with them.. happy cartomizer!

510 cartomizers have changed the game from frustration or sore lips to pure vaping pleasure. Stick a eGo battery on that puppy and it's uninterrupted vaping pleasure :cool:

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I too went from direct dripping to 510 cartos, the cartos are great! I've refilled some more than 3 times. I should start counting - I just keep refilling until I notice performance drop off.

I should start counting too...I do the same thing, just toss them when they start to perfom poorly. That deal at Eastmall makes them very affordable and I feel like if I get three refills out of one, I'm happy with that...but I know some of them can be refilled many more times. Some folks are washing them out and letting them dry and I think that's stretching out the life of them quite a bit longer...I just don't have the desire to do all that work. :rolleyes:

HI TIM! :w00t:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

poytim

Feb 21, 2010
Boston, USA
I should start counting too...I do the same thing, just toss them when they start to perfom poorly. That deal at Eastmall makes them very affordable and I feel like if I get three refills out of one, I'm happy with that...but I know some of them can be refilled many more times. Some folks are washing them out and letting them dry and I think that's stretching out the life of them quite a bit longer...I just don't have the desire to do all that work. :rolleyes:

HI TIM! :w00t:

Hi 'Bianca'...did I thank you for pointing me to the 510 cartomizers? ;-) AND the eastmall carto deal? If not, here you go! I just cant remember...

RE: the flavor, I would agree the flavor is slightly less in the cartos...but not much IMHO. I've never had one with burnt filler AFAIK.

KeepNitReel

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Petersburg,Va
I have to disagree, since the filler material in cartridges messes up the flavor.

I have noticed no difference in flavor with the 510 cartomizers, I get full flavor puff after puff without having to fiddle. I gotta 5 hour drive tomorrow & will have my eGo with cartomizer by my side and will last the whole trip.

BTW: what do drippers do on long drives?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
BTW: what do drippers do on long drives?
Well, I don't know about the rest of them, but I drip and drive.
But I don't recommend that for everyone.

For those that aren't capable of dripping and driving, a cartomizer may be a necessity.
I just wish that the burning filler material was not an issue anymore.

Not that I have burning cartomizer filler material, because I am experienced.
Just that newbies are not, but I guess some might consider it a small price to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread