Remember the Go Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
I have one that will just not die, Ordered it from DV right as they were getting phased out about 3 years ago, put it on mothballs for a year and have been using the same battery ever since as my main device. Plating is worn off down to copper around the button and the black is half gone from the body and this thing still rocks for upwards of 16-20 hours. Not that it quits then, but is about when I put it back on the charger.

I know they have upgraded everything since to more technically advanced devices but sure do wish these were still around. Basically, just have been using this and smok-tek ressurrector 1.7 ohm xl with an 808-510 adapter.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
There are a LOT of people who love these.

You joined here a few months before I did.

Smok tech ressurectors were very good....funny, you could get one for under $2 and vape for a week, now a more advanced clearomizer costs upwards of $30.

Yet, just as many people quit smoking and started to vape with that old school stuff.......ego twist had JUST hit the shelves when I joined here.

Food for thought.;)

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
I tried the tanks, the vivi novas etc etc. It got to be where I was getting tired of fiddling with things. I still have all of it and may revisit them someday, or as a stand by if they quit making the cartos. Just turns out that vaping was not going to be a hobby for me. I get 3-4 days out of a carto. No syringes, no tool kit. Make my own, high quality VG liquid that costs me .85/20ml bottle. I was paying upwards of 20.00 for 30ml before that from another vendor. Still, DV was the best vendor with the best prices and service which is how I ended up on this particular section of the forum. I own a provari, but use the 18650 batteries in my flashlight more than anything else and only break it out if I am home and happen to be on a GoGo recharge cycle during my awake hours.

I have had other vapers come into my shop at work and they look at my poor GoGo as if it's an antique or something, or that I surely have missed the tech bus but the continuous clouds of vapor do not lie. I leave for work sometimes with half a charge, with full intention of plugging it in at work but I get busy and forget sometimes and it will occur to me at around 10pm after I am home that I never did yet it is still hitting like a champ, which just doesn't seem possible. lol

I still have one of the original GoGos I got in a kit from here and it still takes a charge but the button is kind of wonky. I have thought of rebuilding it just because, but probably wont. I will see what's out there that is comparable in an Ego style battery that is not 'too' gimmicky.

kyaku

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Central KY
"tired of fiddling with things" says alot! I've tried a few more set-ups but nothing comes even close to my rock solid Go-Go batteries and cartos. As far as I'm concerned, Kanger has shot themselves in the foot. I may try harder to get off the e-cigs now because I sure don't want to spend even more time fiddling with them.

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
"tired of fiddling with things" says alot! I've tried a few more set-ups but nothing comes even close to my rock solid Go-Go batteries and cartos. As far as I'm concerned, Kanger has shot themselves in the foot. I may try harder to get off the e-cigs now because I sure don't want to spend even more time fiddling with them.

2-1300 mah batteries in a kit at the time. I was never left out of a charge and they delivered to the end. Besides that, the draw was perfect. No torquing on it for 10 seconds to make a cloud. Just like a normal analog draw. 3-4 seconds max. I've had a couple other straight ego types that were nearly as good at 1100mah but you had to be hopeful that you got a battery closer to it's born on date and not older stock.

I'm using the 1.7 ohm xl single coils. Same cartos for 2 years by now. The original jumbo (i think those were dual coil) cartos for the gogo were impressive as well.

I may try and rebuild one of the old ones just for the heck of it, if I can find a good 1300 battery for it.

GoAskAl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
USA-PA
I have one that will just not die, Ordered it from DV right as they were getting phased out about 3 years ago, put it on mothballs for a year and have been using the same battery ever since as my main device. Plating is worn off down to copper around the button and the black is half gone from the body and this thing still rocks for upwards of 16-20 hours. Not that it quits then, but is about when I put it back on the charger.

I know they have upgraded everything since to more technically advanced devices but sure do wish these were still around. Basically, just have been using this and Smok-tek ressurrector 1.7 ohm xl with an 808-510 adapter.

I still have a few of the originals from when they first came out. They were the ones that got me to kick the cigs. Do you remember this GoGo-USA.jpg The company before it became DiscountVapers? I still have GoGo cartridges that have never been opened from GoGoUSA :D

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
I think I still have one of those pens somewhere. :)
And I just set aside the last Go-go battery that I bought from Eric a few years back. The battery's not totally gone yet, just really slow to charge.

They took long to charge anyway. Like 3-4 hours but they last like 20 hours of pretty much chain vaping. I know there are others now that do that but I don't know if they have that 'punch' that the gogo has. I even have one of those egos that has the 18650 battery and it's somewhat timid comparatively. The KGO comes (or came) close for an 1100 mah.

The thing about 'good' single function devices with basic cartos is that they will make you forget to keep up with tech because they never really lack anything other than perhaps. . .amusement. No gravitational limitations, nothing. 50-70 drops of e-juice and a chain vaper is pretty much set until the end of the day. At least if you have something else to do. . .like a day job. This combination of worry free performance was likely the ultimate end to my analog habit as well, because there are a few times I can recall it needing all of it's capability to get me over the hump. Keeping my hands and and interest busy with too many options was not going to cut it. I already have too many hobbies. :) A consistent throat hit and reliability wins every time, and no dirty looks from the church lady from the sight of some obscene looking, '....' tank with juice sloshin around inside, along with it's usual tool kit that just junkiefies it even further. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread