looking to go regulated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would consider myself to be a decently experienced vaper after about a year and a half of vaping. Most of my hands on experience has been with mechanical mods, and I've been researching regulated devices as they've become the new popular way to vape.

For all of my research, I'm finding it difficult to put my finger on the best choice for me personally.

in short, what I've gathered so far is this (and in some case I could be mistaken):

I'll likely be fine with a device somewhere in the 50 watt neighborhood. 100-150 seems excessive to me

While the temp control on the dna40 is cool, it seems finicky. Lots of factors to keep it from being accurate. What's more is you have to build with nickel, meaning two rdas is your best bet, which I don't have right now. Would I be doing myself a huge disservice by buying a device with a dna30? Seeing as I likely wouldn't bother with the temp control.

I'd like to have dual 18650s, but it's not a deal breaker. coming off a mech mod I'm sure one regulated 18650 is going to be a huge step up in fixing drop off and battery life issues.

the contacts in regulated devices aren't always copper. does the contact material not matter as much with regulated devices?

Finally, with all of this info, can anyone make a worthwhile suggestion for a mod that might fit me? I'm looking to keep the cost at around 150 or lower. I'm not interested in clones. I've looked into ipv, sigelei, smok, vaporshark, REO, and hana. They all have mods that I like, but nothing has really jumped at me yet.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I'd say the best bang-for-the buck is the Sigelei 100w plus or the Sigelei 50w mini (basically the newer 50w with wavy lines).

Some love their IPVs but they can be finnicky. A device with a dna30 like the vaporshark will be solid but might not have the overhead that you desire. Hanas strike me as overpriced in today's market and it sounds like you're not digging the dna40.

The sigelei 50 and 100 is exactly what I've been leaning toward! Do you happen to know if I'll be missing out on anything if I go 50 rather than 100 (other than 50 extra watts of course lol). Seeing as I don't think I'll need anything over 50 I'd probably opt for the 50w device....unless there's something more to the 100w device than more power...

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
I just bought the Sigelei 150 watt.

It does seem excessive, you are right, But even if you do not use it, it is nice to have.

Now as for going to 50 watt, See I know many people who vape at 60. having that restriction there, thats the issue. i mean, With regulated high power, you can test out thicker gauges of wire, and many other things. so there is that! such as clapton coils, etc.

Wow lol lots of replies since I was here last. Thanks everyone! I'm thinking my mind is basically made up to go with the sigelei 100 plus. My last concern which has kept me from ordering is the button issues I'm hearing about. Basically if the button isn't pressed dead center it sticks on the outer ring. I've also heard the button is really loose, and that that same outer ring can come unthreaded, and that this is likely the reason the button sticks. Can any of you guys with these mods speak to that? based on all of your guys advice and my own research I think the 100 plus is gonna satisfy my needs best, but I'm hesitant to buy something this nice that knowingly has a potentially very dangerous quark, esp when at low ohms and high watts.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I've had my Sigelei 50w v2 for about a week now. The thing is absolutely flawless. Not one negative thing to say about it. I never go above 30w so the extra 20w isn't necessary for me, but hey it's there

Just ordered mine finally. Your pics and feedback really helped me decide so thanks! $59 shipped on cloudscape!

So I got my 100 plus last night and I am absolutely loving it! I'm confident I made the right choice. My only small and insignificant gripe is that the screen is hard to read in direct sunlight, but I imagine that's a pretty across the board issue with regulated mods. The screen was also scratched straight out of the box. But the performance is fantastic! So now that the decision has been made, what kinda coils do you all like rockin?! I've got a .6 ohm single macro right now and it's definitely the first time I've enjoyed a single coil. Still experimenting with builds but so far so SO good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread