Not open for further replies.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
The Cyclone AFC base is 18,3mm and the standard Cyclone is 14,5mm

Thanks, adding this to my rba notes. I think I'm still going to buy and outfit a REO Mini 14500, then see how that goes, and then get a Grand. Topping an LP Grand will be easy. Finding a small, hopefully adjustable low height rba is the trick. 18.3 on the true mini might be too wide as well, but would love to have AFC. Closest so far may be the RM3, and buy both single and dual air caps, if they can be had separately.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
The height of the Cyclone AFC (munis the drip tip) is 26,6mm and the normal Cyclone is 21mm.

That's very interesting as in all the photos I've seen, you can't tell they are different, since they are never shown side by side. That's why I need all this help getting started, many THANKS!

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
That's very interesting as in all the photos I've seen, you can't tell they are different, since they are never shown side by side. That's why I need all this help getting started, many THANKS!

Only a pleasure! I love the Cyclone! It's my go to atty for ALL my REO's! I'm not a big fan of the Cyclops (Cyclone AFC)... for pure vaping pleasure the Cyclone on a REO is hard to beat!

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
FYI

The Cyclone varies in size 2013' & 14' versions

Oh WOW you are 100% Correct @unsure! I thought the slight different size was just internal...

Diameter 2013 - 14,9mm
Diameter 2014 - 14,5mm

No wonder we had "issues" when the 2014 version was released with the AFC's not fitting all decks!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Oh WOW you are 100% Correct @unsure! I thought the slight different size was just internal...

Diameter 2013 - 14,9mm
Diameter 2014 - 14,5mm

No wonder we had "issues" when the 2014 version was released with the AFC's not fitting all decks!

Wow good to know as I believe mine is a 2013.. anyways to be sure?? Wasn't the 2014 a flat deck?

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
REOS MINI 14500 OWNERS:
Haka Meter. 3 modes, Voltage/Ohms/Watts 14mm, 510/Ego.

This looks like an interesting tool for manual mods, since other then device and vapor feedback, knowing when your battery is running low, is IMPORTANT, as you don't want to run them down too low. That number is remaining battery VOLTAGE. Under load (when firing your atty), is perhaps the best indicator, and while sitting NO load, is also a decent indicator, but will show a slightly higher voltage. Doing this with a multi-meter is inconvenient at best. I thought this device might be quick and easy, just screw it on top of your mod's 510 connection. I'm mostly interested in getting a quick idea voltage wise how much battery life I have left before swapping out batteries. The lowest voltage you should swap batteries out is sometimes debated, many battery specs say lowest is 2.5 volts, most don't like to let their batteries get below 3.0 volts, and most notice their vapor diminish after getting lower then approx. 3.5 - 3.6. This might be a good quick way to know whenever you are curious or in doubt.

I've seen clear and colored versions of 510 battery voltage readers (Eleaf etc.), most ONLY read voltage, cost approx. $15, and come in a 22mm size, these may be fine for most mods, but NOT on the tiny Reo Mini 14500 (would certainly hit button cover).

What separates this brand, is it's 14mm diameter, and should fit fine on a 14500 Mini, and has the three measurements, voltage, ohms, wattage. Double checking ohms while using isn't a bad thing either, as atty post screws do loosen themselves up at times too.

I just bought two of these in black. They make a silver version too. I've seen them as cheap as $10/each. Some sites list the ohms range as "unlimited", this site shows down to a .7 ohm limit. Not many reviews, but from the little I could find, it is not ideal for low ohm vapors, and did not work on really low ohm builds. Not an issue for me, and the wattage and voltage ranges would still be fine. Some of you may have seen this, just sharing it for those who have not.

Haka Meter Voltage/Ohms/Watts Tester - Black

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
Does anyone know anything about wether the Velocity RDA plays nice with the LP Reo Grand?
Rumor has it you may need a little more beef than a grand to maximize the velocity's potential....(not first hand but read it someplace around here)....but I probably really boils down to what YOU are truly after

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
Anybody try the Velocity RDA with the bottom fed pin? I have one for a regulated device that's just a dripper, the clones go real cheap and the pin is like $2.99. Wondering about getting another Tobeco Clone Velocity and the pin and running that. I really like the 2 post design without having to pay stumpy prices. Fave RDA so far though is RM8, Velocity, Rogue (the rogue I'm not digging so much, really dislike the negative posts design, a real pita to get wire under the screws instead of just slipping it in and tightening it down).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread