Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Some of the more recent rda's with squonk pins that I've added to my Reo stash...

Psyclone Mods Hadaly
Psyclone Mods Kryten
528 Custom Vapes Goon LP
VapourArt GP Dripper Pro
Vandy Vapes Pulse 22
Vandy Vapes Pulse 24
Vandy Vapes Icon
Vandy Vapes Mesh rda
Wotofo Serpent BF RDA
dotmod Pertri V2
NoName NoGain Mesh

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Some of the more recent RDA's with squonk pins that I've added to my Reo stash...

Psyclone Mods Hadaly
Psyclone Mods Kryten
528 Custom Vapes Goon LP
VapourArt GP Dripper Pro
Vandy Vapes Pulse 22
Vandy Vapes Pulse 24
Vandy Vapes Icon
Vandy Vapes Mesh RDA
Wotofo Serpent BF RDA
DotMod Pertri V2
NoName NoGain Mesh
Impressive @Spydro! I ventured out from RM 2's and 3's to Origin 16's and have stayed put. It's kinda odd: once I found Reos (luckily early on), my search ceased and I find myself in a similar position with RDA's. This is not to say, I won't venture again Never say never right? Mostly I've been venturing with Stainless Steel & DIY mixing (thanks to @Papa_Lazarou inspiration).

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Impressive @Spydro! I ventured out from RM 2's and 3's to Origin 16's and have stayed put. It's kinda odd: once I found Reos (luckily early on), my search ceased and I find myself in a similar position with RDA's. This is not to say, I won't venture again Never say never right? Mostly I've been venturing with Stainless Steel & DIY mixing (thanks to @Papa_Lazarou inspiration).

The O-16's are a nice step up from the RM's (I have 4 of them). But those from my above list would depend on what Reos you have. All of them are 22mm/24mm RDA's that are better suited for the P67's and 2015 Woodvil's except for the NoName NoGain that will work without overhang on the LP Grands (2.1?). It's a mesh wick/cotton reservoir MTL atty that probably wouldn't appeal to most folks. I drilled this one out for DLH's (not an easy task), but it still didn't win me over at it's price point ($105 + $8 shipping). So it saw very little use before going in the gorge fodder boxes.

nogain.jpg
nogain2 (1).jpg
nogain3.jpg
nogain4.jpg

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I went through a phase where I was buying nearly every atty available that either was factory BF or converted. But after all that, I've pretty much settled on 3, for 99.9% of my vaping.
Stumpy
O-16
Hadaly

The Stumpy gets the majority of my time. I still believe it's one of the best attys ever made.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I went through a phase where I was buying nearly every atty available that either was factory BF or converted. But after all that, I've pretty much settled on 3, for 99.9% of my vaping.
Stumpy
O-16
Hadaly

The Stumpy gets the majority of my time. I still believe it's one of the best attys ever made.

There is well over 100 RDA's, RDTA's, RTA's around here, but the vast majority of them are not in use.

I missed out entirely on the Stumpy's, never got a chance to buy/try them. The other two are restricted DLH's at best, the Hadaly a leaker by design... so I rate the O-16 as better than it. But I'm not a fan of small chamber atty's anymore, 22mm-25mm is more my speed. I've even got a 30mm prototype that supposedly has an 8.5ml joose capacity (but you can squeeze more than that into it).

IM Mine.jpg

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
There is well over 100 RDA's, RDTA's, RTA's around here, but the vast majority of them are not in use.

I missed out entirely on the Stumpy's, never got a chance to buy/try them. The other two are restricted DLH's at best, the Hadaly a leaker by design... so I rate the O-16 as better than it. But I'm not a fan of small chamber atty's anymore, 22mm-25mm is more my speed. I've even got a 30mm prototype that supposedly has an 8.5ml joose capacity (but you can squeeze more than that into it).

View attachment 684957

The Hadaly is a leaker design, for sure. It's a great flavor atty, and probably one of the easiest to set up. But one must be very careful not to over squonk, or tilt it much right after squonking.

Reactions: Robinowitz

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The Hadaly is a leaker design, for sure. It's a great flavor atty, and probably one of the easiest to set up. But one must be very careful not to over squonk, or tilt it much right after squonking.

I hear that. The AFC slots in the Hadaly base actually go down at an angle toward the deck bottom making it easier for them to leak. I probably see it more than normal because both of my Hadaly's have RxW builds in them for maximum flavor. RxW wicks very fast but they rely on some excess joose on the deck that a cotton build wouldn't need. Their AFC is a poor design by Psyclone Mods, same as the very shallow deck well on the Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's that only have a 1mm depth. IOW almost no drip well at all because you do not want any standing joose at all on deck. They too can leak if you over squonk or drip them, and also can when you tilt them to vape if you over fill them. Another poor design feature that I bet VV corrects in the next generation of these otherwise stellar mesh coil atty's. Another note, VV's Pulse atty's also have AFC tubes that angle way down, but they also have a nice deep well and the top cap AFC's are way high.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    Does anyone know the size of the raised part of deck on a REO Grand Lp that comes into contact with bottom of atomizer?
    There’s also an area that’s countersunk on that raised part of deck,anyone know it’s diameter or what atomizer fits down into recess or countersunk area?
    This last question might answer both above.
    When REO Grand lp was designed was it for certain types or sizes of atomizers?If so what size and types?

SteamStack

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2014
    Macomb, MI, USA
    Does anyone know the size of the raised part of deck on a REO Grand Lp that comes into contact with bottom of atomizer?
    There’s also an area that’s countersunk on that raised part of deck,anyone know it’s diameter or what atomizer fits down into recess or countersunk area?
    This last question might answer both above.
    When REO Grand lp was designed was it for certain types or sizes of atomizers?If so what size and types?

It will hold a 18mm atty perfectly. A 22mm rba will slightly over hang and prevent the door going up but you can just move the door down to open it.

Reactions: Robbert

mlinky

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2010
    Kentucky
    For all the Mini lovers, I had been relying on the old RM2 that had been milled down by Robert. After looking all over the place, I bought a couple of Kindbright Speed Revolutions from 3fVape that fit my smallest REO opening without modification. Single coil and doesn't leak. Only about $12 each.

Buy Kindbright Speed Revolution Mini Style RDA Silver 316SS 14mm Atomizer

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread