1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Reo Grand Battery - Flat Top or Button Top?

Discussion in 'REO (All Models)' started by Pappy, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Pappy

Pappy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Does the Reo Grand use flat top or button top 18650's? Or, will it use either one?

Just checking before I buy a Grand because I've got several flat tops but no button tops. (My Silver Bullet and VTube both use flat tops.)

2. kazz63758

kazz63758 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Button tops are best. Being a mechanical mod, you don't have to push the button down as hard/far to fire the atty. I have used flat tops, but find them a hassle. If I use that battery, I put a small earth magnet on top (about the size of a button)

I do know the manufacturer recommends button tops.

Hope this helps!

3. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

As said the button top works the best. The Grand's recommended battery is the AW IMR 18650 3.7 @ 1600 mAh.

Others will work but may compress the spring too much. It is a safety spring that will collapse in case of a short.

4. nerak

Please feel free to stop by the REO forum! Lots of information there! Reos Mods

5. Pappy

Ok, thanks for the info. I just bought a Mini off the Classifieds, and I have some 14500's incoming. But, if I like the Mini I'll probably buy a Grand just for the battery life of the 18650. Thanks again.

6. iamtumus

iamtumus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

mini and grand aren't even comparable imho
    i hated my mini. 14500s suck. i've never used a mod with a 14500 i was satisfied with.

7. Pappy

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :D (We need a "rain on the parade" emoticon.) If nothing else, it will give me a chance to use a bottom feeder and see if I like the whole concept. On the other hand, I think there are plenty of people who use and like their mini's.

8. kazz63758

kazz63758 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have a mini, 18490 and two grands. Personally, with the same atty, they all vape the same. It is just a matter of size, juice bottle, and battery life.

My 2 cents :)

9. nerak

I have used the recommended batteries on my Mini and slapped on a L.R. 306. It vaped as good as any other REO. The downfall is the battery life. I find about 4 hours till I change it out. The Mini is perfect for running out and about for awhile. The size is great!

I have a lot of REO's, 52 to be exact. I have always included a Mini when going out.

10. Pappy

:shock: :w00t: :drool:

11. Dirtay J

Dirtay J Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yeah, that`s what I was thinking. Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.