Not open for further replies.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I will eventually be getting a P-67, just putting a question out there, is the anyone using the Origen 17 with the P-67? Wondering if the two make a good fit together.
Hey Dan! I have 2 Origen 16's (I'm thinking that's what you meant). One I have on a Mini 2.1 and the other is for my P-67. I think it looks great on both. I took a picture of it to post but got an error that it was too large. I've gotten that message a couple times lately and haven't taken the time to sort it out. So sorry about that. I'll have to use words instead. While it is a bit shorter than an RM2, its base is just as large. (I have an RM2 on my Grand which looks good IMHO). I suppose if I was used to seeing larger attys on my mods, I might think the O or RM2 looked small in comparison. So without that comparison, I am a happy camper, plus it works like a dream!

Hopefully, someone who has a pic will post one for you.

Reactions: Debadoo

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Well, for the first time using a Reos, I had a spring collapse. I had left a wire too long when installing a coil in a Chalice. Wouldn't ya know it, it one of the few times I have put a fully assembled rda on with out checking for a short, my bad. I was amazed tho in how well that worked for safety. I took the batt out, and it was barely warm. Great safety feature that. :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Well, for the first time using a Reos, I had a spring collapse. I had left a wire too long when installing a coil in a Chalice. Wouldn't ya know it, it one of the few times I have put a fully assembled rda on with out checking for a short, my bad. I was amazed tho in how well that worked for safety. I took the batt out, and it was barely warm. Great safety feature that. :)
sorry ya had a short, but very happy you were using a great device and the spring collapsed immediately!! I decided way long ago when I was certain I'd never use a mech, that if I ever had to, a Reo was the only one I wanted for several reasons!!

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015

If it makes you feel any better, you are not the first person this has happened too and I doubt you will be the last. The only time I have collapsed a spring was also in a chalice. Its a tight fit, and capturing the wire is a bit tricky, its really easy to leave a wire a little long. The hot spring is pretty effective, its one of the reasons I chose a reo over some of the other mech squonkers. It may cost a little in voltage drop, but we all make mistakes sometimes, no matter how long we have been using a mech. The way I see it, its a matter of time before you get an unexpected short. Ugly as it is, I would rather my face did not have bits of battery embedded in it.....

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Well, I found out that on a Chalice, the wire ends had better be c/o flush with the post.
Jup, in the first post I didn't catch that it was a chalice. As Layzee said, their tricky, and when the III came out, a LOT of people were droppin springs! so don't feel bad at all. I don't like MTL, but even if I did, being that tricky would have turned me off of them. Well, the price also would have. :lol:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i think the most expensive atty i ever bought was one for HRH for about $80 - a Nuppin. For myself i never paid over $45.

There's no way anyone can convince me an atty is worth a 3 digit number although i'll concede Mark Bugs makes engineered artworks with a precision few can match. But too rich for my blood.

T

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Deb, your package just arrived with the Oring's, put one on right away works just like I wanted. Now I know the right size to look for. Thanks so much!
oh kewl! I was thinking that took a long time, but keep forgetting you're in Canada! lol I did double check, they are 10.5 x 1.5 mm I think I sent ya the link in pm didn't I ? If not, I will. So glad they worked great for ya!

Reactions: Danrogers

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Oh bummer but what a built-in safety feature! (Yep, and no pieces of battery in your face...hahaha Layzee).

I must admit that I've been taking some chances lately with my Challice 3 (true confessions). I typically build it while it's on the mod. Check it with the Innova meter with probes, take a last peek, cross my fingers and put the cap on and Vape. I know it would be wise to check it after I put the cap on but am not entirely sure where I would put the probes to get an accurate reading. Are their any?

I do have an Ohms meter that I use occasionally but I tend to get lazy and just build it on the mod. Is that the best option?

Thanks Op for sharing this and possibly saving me from myself

Reactions: oplholik

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I build on an ohm meter, check it when I get it wicked, take it to a mod to dry fire a few times to make sure there aren't any hot legs, put it back on the meter, install the cap, and check again, then back to the mod again if it passes.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I build on an ohm meter, check it when I get it wicked, take it to a mod to dry fire a few times to make sure there aren't any hot legs, put it back on the meter, install the cap, and check again, then back to the mod again if it passes.

Perfect, proper technique. I do it the same way. Well except once, and the Chalice 3, made me pay with a dropped spring. Learned my lesson the stupid way. No room for errors on a Chalice, but now I do the same for all my builds, no upside to cutting corners.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I have a Chalice that's in the depths of my vape box for that very reason! I blew 3 springs in one day trying to get that thing working right! I had everything ready and assembled on the ohm reader and it read 1.2. Screwed it on the Reo... Bam! Blown spring! I put it back on the ohm reader, .09 ohms. I just couldn't get the wires clipped close enough to not touch anything. I may revisit it in a few years, but screw that thing! I'll keep using my RM2 for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread