Not open for further replies.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Good morning and happy "day before Woodvil day"

I have an RM2 that I drilled a second air hole in so that I could try dual coils. I realize that I am not a dualie kind of guy, so I'd like to plug one of the holes up for good. Any suggestions? Tape on the outside would be easy, but not very attractive. Should I drip some solder in there? Will it "fuse" with the exposed brass in the air hole?

Thank you all and Happy Friday. This weekend's gonna' rock. :headbang:

Swamper

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Glendora n.j. USA
I believe Rob sells replacement caps for the rm2. I personally wouldn't want solder in a juice contact area.
I don't think enough heat would be generated for this to become an issue IMHO. There are a lot of options here depending on how good you want it to look and how much you want to spend, everything from a toothpick or liquid steel epoxys to a new top cap as mentioned would do it.

Swamper

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Glendora n.j. USA
Good morning and happy "day before Woodvil day"

I have an RM2 that I drilled a second air hole in so that I could try dual coils. I realize that I am not a dualie kind of guy, so I'd like to plug one of the holes up for good. Any suggestions? Tape on the outside would be easy, but not very attractive. Should I drip some solder in there? Will it "fuse" with the exposed brass in the air hole?

Thank you all and Happy Friday. This weekend's gonna' rock. :headbang:
Hey bud I have been wanting to put a second air hole opposite the original air hole instead of opening it up to see what kind of vape it would produce. I'm curious to know if you tried vaping the single coil with the 2 air holes, each bringing air in at opposite sides of the coil. Have been wanting to experiment with this, lower ohms cooler vape etc.

Reactions: jifjifjif

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I'd buy a new topcap.

You can always line the new airhole up by using an o-ring between the atty threads closest to the build deck and the topcap and the one that the RM2 comes with is perfect for the job, although you have to stretch it a bit to fit.

T
Alternatively, you can sand the new top cap down to get the air hole lined up on your old base.

It's brass (mostly) and mills very easily - just sit it on fine sandpaper laid flat on a table and rub gently (keeping it sitting level), checking fit often.

Doing this, you can rotate the positioning of the air hole >180 degrees with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread