San Diego just passed a ban on vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
I was watching the live feed at Vapers.tv on the vaping Millitia channel.
What a joke of witch hunt that was.
The council was biased. Even had the police dept. there to speak on how they will fine and arrest people and businesses.
90 percent of the speakers looked and acted like paid gustapo, with tales of kids burning drugs in store bought cig-alikes.
All these Pharma paid groups like American Cancer Society - American Lung Association - Center for Kids against smoking .. etc. etc. etc..
What a horror show they presented. No scientific or polling facts either just opinions and stories.
Only a couple of folks siding with vaping were able to speak for 2 minutes each..
I can not believe San Diego, being how big it is, does not have people who care about vaping..
Unless the council stacked the sides against vaping, and banned "the folks for it" That's what it looked like to me..
How sad. :(

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
that sounds like Minnesota back in the day with the first smoking bans. strangely enough the state and city of Saint Paul have held off at least for this year,other than a no sale to minors. some cities however have enacted bans. some votes have been fairly tight. on the other hand,some have been nothing but a dog and pony show similar to San Diego.
regards
mike

ArtyPa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Delaware
With the aid of social media, it would send a non violent message if 'FLASH MOBS' of vapers started popping up in cities across the country.
Can you imagine the image of hundreds of vapers standing in line waiting for their 'ticket' to be written.
At least they could vape while waiting.
Note : all the above is sarcasm and not an endorsement of lawless behavior.

Dangerman

Moved On
Jul 29, 2014
here and there
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On

liquid_strat

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
u.s.
Late to the discussion, but I'm curious how many vapers were there or store owners. Something of this importance to the vaping community should have seen a large turnout. If this was like most vaping related political actions held in public, there may have only been those two you cited. Its sad as I'm sure there are possibly few "thousand?" people involved in vaping in a place the size of San Diego. I could be wrong.

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
It was explained to me that it is basically illegal any place smoking a regular cigarette is illegal.
Well I agree that is ridiculous but I travel to San Diego from time to time and would have hated to not be able to sit outside and Vape... at least for now that is still allowed.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
With the aid of social media, it would send a non violent message if 'FLASH MOBS' of vapers started popping up in cities across the country.
Can you imagine the image of hundreds of vapers standing in line waiting for their 'ticket' to be written.
At least they could vape while waiting.
Note : all the above is sarcasm and not an endorsement of lawless behavior.

It has been tried in NYC in Central Park. The cops and the media had been notified of the civil disobedience vaping event in advance. The cops couldn't care less... Nobody got a ticket. :facepalm:

Johnny Popular

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
New Mexico
San Diego joins many other cities in banning electronic cigarettes everywhere conventional cigarettes are banned | UTSanDiego.com

"They also said the makers of e-cigarettes, which are battery-powered and emit vapor instead of smoke, target young people with colorful packaging and by featuring flavors like bubble gum. In addition, they said young people frequently use the devices to smoke ......... and tobacco without people around them knowing."

The insidiousness of these e-cigarette companies, targeting our CHILDREN with bubbledy gum smokes and allowing them to *egasp* smoke tobacco and *shudder* The Devil's lettuce from these satanic devices.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Sand Diego has a HUGE population of vapers/B&Ms -- so either not enough people were informed or, well, I dunno. One sticky, so to speak, part though is that there IS a nice-size market for those other vaporizers (and they've been around a long time). Just yesterday I was vaping outside and someone asked me where I got "that thing" -- they wanted to know because they thought it was that "other" vaporizer like the one their friend had.

When you think about it though, the notion that people won't know what's in a device really is no different than not knowing what's inside of cigarette rolling papers (RYO) or any bottle or cup -- hell, or even what's in someone's cookie! I don't think there will ever be a time when you can't openly "drink and drive", unless drive-thru windows will stop selling beverages -- not going to happen. But. But...what's in that man's Big Slurpee cup???? And what's in that chocolate chip cookie?!?!?! Maybe banning cookies and drive-thru sales of drinks is a good idea because there are "other" kinds of cookies and "dangerous" liquids you can put in a cup? And of course, adults don't buy cookies or drink Big Slurpees, so at least the adults won't make a fuss.

Lunger

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
South Florida
I'm in South Florida but this news just irritates me. Just Great, first we got ostracized for smoking tobacco, and now we get ostracized for using a safer alternative. The depostism going on in this country in regards to vaping and many other things are becomming quite overwhelming. I fear what the future in a decade or two will look like for free thinkers.

SmokinRabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2009
I'm in South Florida but this news just irritates me. Just Great, first we got ostracized for smoking tobacco, and now we get ostracized for using a safer alternative. The depostism going on in this country in regards to vaping and many other things are becomming quite overwhelming. I fear what the future in a decade or two will look like for free thinkers.

I'm with you. And isn't it just bizarre that tobacco cigarettes are still legal, {OTHER STUFF} is increasingly making it's way towards being legal in more states, yet "OH MY GOD - don't let the poor innocent children see a vaporizer!" So strange. And SO money-driven.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gandalf the White

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
United States
What is so sad is the innocent millions that are in the dark about the safer alternative and that Big Tobacco and Big Pharma are going to win this fight because of it!

I honestly understand them wanting in... I just don't understand why they don't do so by making their own juices. Not the cig-a-like juices but real, flavorful juices.

Lunger

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
South Florida
What is so sad is the innocent millions that are in the dark about the safer alternative and that Big Tobacco and Big Pharma are going to win this fight because of it!

I honestly understand them wanting in... I just don't understand why they don't do so by making their own juices. Not the cig-a-like juices but real, flavorful juices.
The thing is that Free Press doesn't exist anymore. All the "Major" news channels are funded by corporations with political influence and power. The only way to get real unadulterated news is online through independent sources. Some people lead busy lives or just aren't aware of everything going on (The powers that be provide many distractions to facilitate this).

As for the cigalike thing, I would assume that its to have an easier time associating it with a real cigarette and for financial and regulatory purposes. Its a costly setup having to replace cartridges every certain amount of time and having sub par battery performance. Then if they regulate and control the market you'd be forced to have to buy "FDA-Approved" premixed cartridges, "FDA-Approved" batteries, "FDA-Approved yada yda all tied up into one neat package" . It's a power play that has been set in motion. As with everything these days it's about control, anti-free market and anti-american. This government doesn't want a free thinking society, they are bad for buisness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread