Serious Question: What's the point of vaping low nic juice on a high powered Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Vendors love it. You buy 2 to 4 times as much juice to get the same amount of nicotine.
Nicotine is the most expensive ingredient in e-liquids. So it's a win-win for the vendor.

If nic is the most expensive part of juice in your world your getting badly ripped off. So badly I can't believe your even allowing it.

I buy nic retail, I'll use that number but assume wholesale is much cheaper, and the nic in a 10ml bottle of juice costs 2 cents. Thats 0.02$ per 10ml.

Here on the innernet well all make our own juice. I'm subohming my way through about 40 cents worth a day.

Also the price of juice has come waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down. Retail is still expensive for what you get but locally nation brand fancy juice is actually cheaper then the old bath tub vape that was common until recently.

Here in NY a smoker could buy a Subtank and blow though all the high dollar juice a day they wanted and still save money. Smokes are 10-14 bucks a pack so even a light smoker has ten bucks a day to blow. Thats about 20ml of Charles Noble or whatever is the latest brand.

Then there is the often forgotten fact that many people have jobs and a couple bucks a day ain't gonna break them.

Reactions: stormjib

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
And then a serious question for the OP.

When did vaping become (between ourselves not the world at large) about attack subohmers and not about quitting smoking??

Vaping is finally what the "old guard" said they wanted it to be, plug and play. "They" say smokers are 20%. Then "they" say vaping is 10% of smokers. Thats over 3 million vapers in the US. Up from a few thousand before subohm.

Hasn't what was always desired been achieved?? A smoker can walk in anyone of the seemingly endless number of vape shops and put down 50-60 bucks and never smoke again.

Now all of a sudden we have to quit smoking a certain way??

I don't think very many people plan pn vaping long term. I don't personally nor do I know anyone who does. Anyone who is not smoking and has a long term goal of getting off nic has my 100% support HOWEVER they are doing it.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    If nic is the most expensive part of juice in your world your getting badly ripped off. So badly I can't believe your even allowing it.

I buy nic retail, I'll use that number but assume wholesale is much cheaper, and the nic in a 10ml bottle of juice costs 2 cents. Thats 0.02$ per 10ml.

Here on the innernet well all make our own juice. I'm subohming my way through about 40 cents worth a day.

Also the price of juice has come waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down. Retail is still expensive for what you get but locally nation brand fancy juice is actually cheaper then the old bath tub vape that was common until recently.

Here in NY a smoker could buy a Subtank and blow though all the high dollar juice a day they wanted and still save money. Smokes are 10-14 bucks a pack so even a light smoker has ten bucks a day to blow. Thats about 20ml of Charles Noble or whatever is the latest brand.

Then there is the often forgotten fact that many people have jobs and a couple bucks a day ain't gonna break them.

100mg nic base traditionally costs ~$10/100ml. Both PG & VG traditionally cost $20/gallon. So yes nic base is the most expensive.
    But , all I'm saying is that vendors are cutting a fat hawg selling low nic "premium" juices.
    There is more profit in e-liquids than there is in any other product they sell.

Last edited:

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Wow your getting hoses dude.

I'm paying 4 bucks per 100ml or 100mg. Tax free and shipped to my house.

Flavorings, at 10%, are BY FAR the most expensive part.

A 10ml at .04$ a ML costs me 40 cents to make. The nic is two cents. The flavoring is 4 cents. The PG and VG at 20 dollars a gallon each cost 32 cents at the major expense.

So if I'm going broke subohming its PG/VG causing it.

Reactions: Sgt.Rock

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    I don't think any popcorn is needed here LOL. Just trying to have a civil conversation about it.

For the record, I too use 6mg nic on a temp control Mod.
    That was just a bookmark post.

I am conserned about the path that vaping has taken towards high volume vaping for two reasions.

First, the people who are blowing big billowing clouds will be used against vaping in general. It is a bad metric that a lot of vapers don't think about but if I was a spin-doctor working for anyone who wanted to make vaping look bad that would be the first thing I would put in a anti-vaping advert, a young looking male blowing huge clouds in public. Even though it may not hurt anyone it looks like it does. We are a instinct driven species, facts be damned, if it looks bad it is.

The second is just about consumption. Vaping through 20-30mL a day, even if you can afford it has to be worse than 3-4mL no matter what the Nicotine levels. Now this only affects the person doing it to them self so not really that concerning. I'm the same way about food. Someone wants to eat them self to death I would show some consern but it's really up io them.

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    That was just a bookmark post.

I am conserned about the path that vaping has taken towards high volume vaping for two reasions.

First, the people who are blowing big billowing clouds will be used against vaping in general. It is a bad metric that a lot of vapers don't think about but if I was a spin-doctor working for anyone who wanted to make vaping look bad that would be the first thing I would put in a anti-vaping advert, a young looking male blowing huge clouds in public. Even though it may not hurt anyone it looks like it does. We are a instinct driven species, facts be damned, if it looks bad it is.

The second is just about consumption. Vaping through 20-30mL a day, even if you can afford it has to be worse than 3-4mL no matter what the Nicotine levels. Now this only affects the person doing it to them self so not really that concerning. I'm the same way about food. Someone wants to eat them self to death I would show some consern but it's really up io them.

Not surprisingly as we disagree about every single thing but I disagree with you.

Modern vaping is insanely popular. At least in this area and with middle aged ex-smokers. Until recently vaping was this odd little thing that was sometimes heard about but never seen. Counter culture hippie stuff perhaps.

Now people see it everyday. And its being done by family and friends. Around the break table at work all the non-smokers see now that vapers are just ordinary folks trying to quit smoking. Then they go home and maybe a wife see's a vaper and says "oh look there's one of them hippie dippies" and a coworker says "no honey all the guys at work are are doing that to quit smoking and its working great". Wife goes to work next day and her co workers says "there's one of those hippie dippie vapers) and the wife says "I'm not so sure anymore Boden says all the guys he works with are using them to quit smoking and its working great"

As to the amount?? 20-30 doesn't seem like any amount I see much of. I'd say more like 10 and even thats prolly high. Just like there is always the guy who smoked 5 packs a day I'm sure some people vape 100 ml a day. But I doubt its average. And the stuff is as safe a thing as we have for now. Most people vape to get off smokes and maybe afew more years. Prolly not gonna see 30 year vapers. Nic can make you sick in minutes. Many good reasons to get off nic, not being an addict being the big one. The other stuff?? Maybe. For now its just blind fear. No facts saying its safe and an equal number of facts saying its not.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2015
    Shorewood, IL
    I dropped to 3 mg mostly because that was my plan when I started vaping 15 months ago. Quit cigarettes and hopefully quit vaping eventually. Well, now I love vaping and love that flavor with 3 mg. I don't use crazy high wattages, usually .5 or .6 subtanks around 28 watts. So to me it just tastes smooth and the throat hit is just right for me with my setup.

Reactions: Dobo

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    I quit smoking by vaping. But it was a long journey. I tried high nic (18mg) and low wattage in the form of Blu, then to ego batteries and vivi novas. That was the bad period. I would vape, not feel satisfied, and go smoke a cigarette. I told myself, I'd ween off the cigarettes by doing this. A couple weeks later, the vaping stopped and the smoking continued.

Then I got a Provari and a Kayfun. The flavor became more real and the 12mg nic was more satisfying. But I still wanted a cigarette and bummed one on occasion. I got my first dripper and a mech mod, I think it was a Chi You clone. That was a turning point. For the first time, I could vape and truly feel satisfied. I built coils in the 0.6 - 0.8 ohm range and blew respectable clouds. I also used 6mg juice.

Today, I vape 3mg. I build atties to about 0.2-0.5ohms for my mechs. I vape regulated in the 35-45 watt range. I also use ni200 to vape TC builds. I haven't had a cigarette in over 1 1/2 years and while I still do want one (I understand that feeling never goes away, coming from a friend that quit smoking over 10 years ago), I haven't given into the urge. The high powered vape keeps me satisfied.

If I stuck with high resistance, low powered devices, I can honestly say that I don't know if I could have gone smoke free this long.

If those devices work for you, then that's awesome! I hope it continues to do the job and keep you from smoking. For me, though, I won't put down my REO mech mod with a bf derringer, built dual coil to 0.5 ohms and blowing respectable clouds.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    I vaped 5ml of 18mg for about a year.
    I dropped to 12mg for flavor and vaped about 8ml/day
    now I vape 15-20ml/day of 3mg

first year = 90mg/day
    ~9 months @ 96mg/day
    now = 45-60mg/day

whatever. My DIY costs me about .02/ml
    The cost of my maximum weekly juice consumption wouldn't buy me a single pack of coffin nails.

I spent $300/month on cancersticks.
    Now my monthly juice consumption costs me less than a few Taxachusetts packs of Morleys.

I buy an occasional bottle of Teleos, Hingham Hill or SicBoy just to support local vape shops.

I can afford it now.

Me, my family and my friends will vape as much as we want as long as we like.
    It's nobody's business but our own.

15334708400_0916f47c43_b.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sgt.Rock

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    Not surprisingly as we disagree about every single thing but I disagree with you.

Modern vaping is insanely popular. At least in this area and with middle aged ex-smokers. Until recently vaping was this odd little thing that was sometimes heard about but never seen. Counter culture hippie stuff perhaps.

Now people see it everyday. And its being done by family and friends. Around the break table at work all the non-smokers see now that vapers are just ordinary folks trying to quit smoking. Then they go home and maybe a wife see's a vaper and says "oh look there's one of them hippie dippies" and a coworker says "no honey all the guys at work are are doing that to quit smoking and its working great". Wife goes to work next day and her co workers says "there's one of those hippie dippie vapers) and the wife says "I'm not so sure anymore Boden says all the guys he works with are using them to quit smoking and its working great"

As to the amount?? 20-30 doesn't seem like any amount I see much of. I'd say more like 10 and even thats prolly high. Just like there is always the guy who smoked 5 packs a day I'm sure some people vape 100 ml a day. But I doubt its average. And the stuff is as safe a thing as we have for now. Most people vape to get off smokes and maybe afew more years. Prolly not gonna see 30 year vapers. Nic can make you sick in minutes. Many good reasons to get off nic, not being an addict being the big one. The other stuff?? Maybe. For now its just blind fear. No facts saying its safe and an equal number of facts saying its not.
    I agree with everything you said.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I remember, just 3 or 4 years ago, when 18mg and 24mg juice was fairly common. There were even folks who vaped as high as 36mg. I also recall when 1.5ohm dual coil cartos first came out, and they were called 'Low Resistance'. Even among early genisis builders, building below 1 ohm was considered crazy, by many. The early vv/vw devices cut off at 15 or 20 watts.

Today the Istick 40 TC, Coolfire4, and Wismec mods cut off at 40 watts, and the latest version of the Egrip cuts off at 30 watts.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    If the point of all this is to reduce smoking cigs in an effort to lead a healthier lifestyle then why is the trend going towards high powered sub ohm vaping on lower nic?

Isn't that the opposite of the intended effect? Wouldn't it make more sense to vape a higher nic juice at lower power? You would still be getting the same amount of Nic but use much less juice which may or may not contain harmful flavorings.

Is this all done in the name of "chucking clouds?"
    Are clones as good as authentics or are unregulated tube mods better than regulated box mods or should small kids be allowed into vape shops? You tell us.

Reactions: Mowgli
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread