Serious Question: What's the point of vaping low nic juice on a high powered Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Maybe I missed a simple explanation to the original question among all this... what's the point of low nic juice in high powered set-ups..?

The simple explanation is... as the efficiency of newer, higher powered units combined with better atomizers, coils and wicking configurations has risen rapidly... so has the delivery of nicotine. It's natural to lower the nicotine when the delivery method has improved so significantly to reach the desired intake level.

I would have to disagree with that. The newer hi powered units are less efficient. Just because we like something more doesn't make it efficient.
    The reality is that high powered ultra low resistant set ups utilize available resources less efficiently.

Efficient would be getting your desired vape at ~5 watts instead of at +50 watts. (key words are "your desired vape")

Last edited:

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    Maybe I missed a simple explanation to the original question among all this... what's the point of low nic juice in high powered set-ups..?

The simple explanation is... as the efficiency of newer, higher powered units combined with better atomizers, coils and wicking configurations has risen rapidly... so has the delivery of nicotine. It's natural to lower the nicotine when the delivery method has improved so significantly to reach the desired intake level.
    If the only factor is nicotine delivery I would say the new tanks that require high power and low nic are less efficient than older systems designed to work with less power and higher nic eliquid.

I'm defining efficiency based on how much nicotine is delivered to the bloodstream versus how much battery energy is expended doing it.

If you mean effective (as opposed to efficient) at evaporating high VG liquid then I agree with you.

niterider

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 7, 2012
    State College, PA
    If the only factor is nicotine delivery I would say the new tanks that require high power and low nic are less efficient than older systems designed to work with less power and higher nic eliquid.

I'm defining efficiency based on how much nicotine is delivered to the bloodstream versus how much battery energy is expended doing it.

If you mean effective (as opposed to efficient) at evaporating high VG liquid then I agree with you.

Yep, and that's my point. we're using more power and more juice to deliver what equals the same amount of nic due to sub-ohm. I do like some of the responses I'm hearing in this thread (more effective, mouth feel, taste), but I have to wonder sometimes how many people jumping in to vaping assume that a 6 mg sub ohm is the way to go. I mean whatever works to get you off the cigs is great but perhaps some peeps don't realize that a higher resistance and higher nic content can work if you're also looking to save money and vape less juice overall whether you believe or not in any health side effects to vaping food flavoring.

For example, I saw a local vendor offer a 200 watt mod to a first time vapor at 3 mg nic. Means more money coming in the door when he needs refills right?

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    I don't know whats got the tootle puffers so upset these past few days.

What exactly is it you feel needs to be sold that isn't??

A year ago vape shops were basically unheard locally. So say you wanted a Provari and a Kayfun tootle puffer. You had one store plus the innernet. Of coarse that combo out the door with batteries and charger and whatnot was about 600 bucks with the tax. Maybe only rich smokers deserve to live, I dunno I'm not in charge of that.

So here we are a year later and that stuff is still sold at one store and the innernet. Both places also still see high nic/PG juice as well. Nothing has changed in the tootle world.

Use subohmers have several dozen new stores full of the stuff we like.

Its what the market will bare. These are called stores cause they sell things.

Tootle puffers should open stores. They could call the 10 Below. Get it, below 10 watts only. They could only sell rebuild-ables and hook people up with wire and cotton at cost so they never had to buy anything again. And 100% PG juice in 18-36mg so that 3ml would last a day and a 30ml bottle would last 10 days. And since a 30ml bottle costs maybe a couple bucks to make seems like 5 bucks a bottle is plenty of profit.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

A year ago vape shops were basically unheard locally. So say you wanted a Provari and a Kayfun tootle puffer. You had one store plus the innernet. Of coarse that combo out the door with batteries and charger and whatnot was about 600 bucks with the tax. Maybe only rich smokers deserve to live, I dunno I'm not in charge of that.

So here we are a year later and that stuff is still sold at one store and the innernet. Both places also still see high nic/PG juice as well. Nothing has changed in the tootle world.

Tootle puffers should open stores. They could call the 10 Below. Get it, below 10 watts only. They could only sell rebuild-ables and hook people up with wire and cotton at cost so they never had to buy anything again. And 100% PG juice in 18-36mg so that 3ml would last a day and a 30ml bottle would last 10 days. And since a 30ml bottle costs maybe a couple bucks to make seems like 5 bucks a bottle is plenty of profit.

Only thing that ever upsets me is arrogant BS like that!

BigGOOSE

Verified Member
    Jul 6, 2015

There certainly appears to be a niche for this particular strand of vapers. And although I fully entertain the thought of their own store maybe what they need is their own little section...yea like the corner in the room of the store. Have fancy crayon colored menus and even a pronunciation key to settle any discrepancy. Ooh ooh and a hat rack to place their fedoras, Ya know to make it comfortable. I wish we had a lounge to visit and converse and such...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satchvai

ECF Veteran
    Jul 16, 2015
    Off the grid
    .2 fused Clapton coils is the point. The flavor is incredible. That is why I do high power/low nic. The beauty of wild west vaping is we are free to choose what works for us. Don't blame "Big Vapor" for devices that people like. They do benefit from it but if people didn't think it was worth the cost, they wouldn't buy it. The consumer controls this market for right now.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    There certainly appears to be a niche for this particular strand of vapers. And although I fully entertain the thought of their own store maybe what they need is their own little section...yea like the corner in the room of the store. Have fancy crayon colored menus and even a pronunciation key to settle any discrepancy. Ooh ooh and a hat rack to place their fedoras, Ya know to make it comfortable. I wish we had a lounge to visit and converse and such...

You people remind me representatives of some primitive tribes introduced to alcohol for the first time. They were ecstatic. Their shamans had noting to say about long-term effects, and short-term effect - hangover - was easily treated, and even if untreated disappeared in just one day. Some tribes had competitions - who can drink more, who can drink faster... Do not know about prizes, but winners got at least great respect. Not everybody survived suddenly developed long-term effect, alcoholism...

I prefer to enjoy my drinks, not to gulp them if fast succession.

BigGOOSE

Verified Member
    Jul 6, 2015
    You people remind me representatives of some primitive tribes introduced to alcohol for the first time. They were ecstatic. Their shamans had noting to say about long-term effects, and short-term effect - hangover - was easily treated, and even if untreated disappeared in just one day. Some tribes had competitions - who can drink more, who can drink faster... Not everybody survived suddenly developed long-term effect, alcoholism...

I prefer to enjoy my drinks, not to gulp them if fast succession.

Then on the opposite side of the extreme you have fine wine connoisseurs. Who have nothing better to do than to sip sup wine and contemplate the meaningless vast majority of liqueur drinkers. Me I'm a Budweiser kinda guy. Some nights I knock Em out around a campfire and family. Sometimes I have a few and go to bed. There is a reason Budweiser is the king of beers. It's because it sells and make no mistake about, it a lot more than wine. Now to finish this beer and get back my mod.

smacksy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2014
    Alexandria, Louisiana USA
    Well I remember back 3yrs ago now when I first started vaping with a Provari/Protank with 24mg of nicotine... Then I got a mech and learned about ohms law and batt saftey..Anyway I had the Nemesis with a .4 ohm dual coil build in a Patriot on it..I dripped that same 24mg juice and the first hit made me dizzy, I sat down, took another hit and broke out in a sweat... Thought what gives?
    It was because the RDA had a much better nicotene delivery vaping the juice much hotter than the low powered Provari ever could provide...
    Make a long story short I now have 5 high powered VW mods I use today with various subtanks and RDA's but cut my nic back to 6mgs max...BTW, I gave the Provari/Protank away, because I found good, deep cloud blowin' lung hits alot more enjoyable than tootle puffing on a tank with super tight airflow on a low powered device like a Provari.... Just sayin

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    Then on the opposite side of the extreme you have fine wine connoisseurs. Who have nothing better to do than to sip sup wine and contemplate the meaningless vast majority of liqueur drinkers. Me I'm a Budweiser kinda guy. Some nights I knock Em out around a campfire and family. Sometimes I have a few and go to bed. There is a reason Budweiser is the king of beers. It's because it sells and make no mistake about, it a lot more than wine. Now to finish this beer and get back my mod.

Now I see the difference. I do not like Brazilian beer, even if it is self-proclaimed "king", such as Budweiser. Watery. Definitely you will drink is faster, because it is not really satisfying.

satchvai

ECF Veteran
    Jul 16, 2015
    Off the grid
    Now I see the difference. I do not like Brazilian beer, even if it is self-proclaimed "king", such as Budweiser. Watery. Definitely you will drink is faster, because it is not really satisfying.
    He finds it satisfying. In this discussion, that is what matters. Self determined personal choice is vital to the recovery process, whether from addiction or mental illness. If sub-ohm vaping is what someone needs to stay off smokes, than I cheer them on. If vaping through a straw on a P3 is, I cheer them on to. Both are much better options than lighting up.

Reactions: WharfRat1976

BigGOOSE

Verified Member
    Jul 6, 2015
    Your taste buds differ from mine. Wine has been known make liquids taste watery. Similar to vapers fatigue. might I suggest a Guinness ?

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    He finds it satisfying. In this discussion, that is what matters. Self determined personal choice is vital to the recovery process, whether from addiction or mental illness. If sub-ohm vaping is what someone needs to stay off smokes, than I cheer them on. If vaping through a straw on a P3 is, I cheer them on to. Both are much better options than lighting up.
    You are 100% right, but now vaping is more and more not about curing addiction, but creating a new one.

NancyR

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2012
    Washington State
    It's a steady progress when "upgrading".
    12 mg or more are fine with clearos.
    You buy your first rebuildable and the 12 hit way too hard.
    So you cut down the nic.
    The nic also doesnt taste all that pleasant.

Depends on the person, I have vaped 30mg in an rba, I currently vape 12mg in anything I use including my rba's. There is no magic rule that says someone has to lower their nic levels. It is all personal choice.

Newer doesn't always mean better, sometimes it just means newer. Personally I don't like most of the "new stuff" out and it doesn't fit my vape.

What isn't sold??????? Really, try walking into MOST B&M's and buying a boge carto, or a cisco 306, or an empire 901p. I know many many vapers who still use all of those items, but because of current trends they are getting harder and harder to find. Hell Empire Mods, known for their Empire Mod, drip shields and 901's, don't even carry 901's now.

It isn't that the demand isn't there, it is that shops don't make money selling 1 $7 atty per vaper every few months, but do make money selling 1 $5 head per vaper a week.

Also at many vape shops (on-line or B&M) it is getting harder to find high vg juices in anything above 6mg nic. VG based juices are not just for cloud chasers. Some of us NEED them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread