Seriously seeking flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thymetraveler

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Brigantine, NJ
Happily returned to vaping recently after 2 years of again being enslaved by the stinkies.
Previously quit for 6 years & would really like to make this a permanent quit.
However I'm not getting flavor from my current set ups, a pico mega & a p3 with a nautilus aspire.
I toyed with getting a kabuki, but after serious research, they aren't known to wow you with flavor.
I want so badly to be wowed with flavor & would deeply appreciate some guidance.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Guess your tastebuds didn't take it too well.
Could be you've got a bot of vaper's tongue.
Might end up like me - started DIY after about 20ml of ready made juice cuz my sensory gear was so gooped up with the tobacco sticks that it took some real hardcore flavouring to punch through.
Eun of the mille ready juices just didn't get me there...
'Bout six weeks into I could ease up one the flavour cocentrations some.
Si DIY might work for you too...

Reactions: thymetraveler

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Happily returned to vaping recently after 2 years of again being enslaved by the stinkies.
Previously quit for 6 years & would really like to make this a permanent quit.
However I'm not getting flavor from my current set ups, a pico mega & a p3 with a nautilus aspire.
I toyed with getting a kabuki, but after serious research, they aren't known to wow you with flavor.
I want so badly to be wowed with flavor & would deeply appreciate some guidance.

I think the Kabuki is fantastic for flavor. I can't imagine there are MTL attys that out perform the Kabuki in terms of flavor. I have an authentic Kabuki, an FT Kabuki Clone, and a Vika Fantasy clone from FT, and the flavor is awesome in all of them. Why don't you try a Kabuki or Vika Fantasy clone from Fast Tech and see what you think? I think they're both under $10 or $12 there.

thymetraveler

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Brigantine, NJ
I think the Kabuki is fantastic for flavor. I can't imagine there are MTL attys that out perform the Kabuki in terms of flavor. I have an authentic Kabuki, an FT Kabuki Clone, and a Vika Fantasy clone from FT, and the flavor is awesome in all of them. Why don't you try a Kabuki or Vika Fantasy clone from Fast Tech and see what you think? I think they're both under $10 or $12 there.
Thank you, is the clone really that close to the kabuki flavor wise ? Worth a try a that price regardless.

thymetraveler

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Brigantine, NJ
Might end up like me - started DIY after about 20ml of ready made juice cuz my sensory gear was so gooped up with the tobacco sticks that it took some real hardcore flavouring to punch through.
I likely do have analog tongue, I'm a diy'er as well. Currently I have so much flavoring in my vg it's thin. I can only put a wee bit of pg or deal with a lot of coughing, so I know that doesn't help the flavor power. Thank you for your response.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Thank you, is the clone really that close to the kabuki flavor wise ? Worth a try a that price regardless.

I can't say the clone is the exact same as the authentic, but I love both my Vika Fantasy Clone and my Kabuki Clone. FYI -- you can buy an authentic Vika Fantasy Lite for about $30.

I haven't bought the authentic Vika Fantasy Lite yet, but I plan to pick one up at some point.

vika fantasy

Links to the FT Kabuki clone and the Vika Fantasy clone are below:

Uh Oh -- I think I underestimated the cost of the Kabuki clone at FT a bit. It's more like $20, but it's still a great deal. Sorry 'bout that!

$18.84 SJMY Kabuki Styled BCC Bottom Coil Clearomizer - 4ml / 316 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

And the Vika Fantasy clone...

$8.98 Vika Fantasy Styled Tank Clearomizer - 3ml / 1.8ohm / 316 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Also, a good way to up your flavor quotient is to vape higher pg juices. Most of the juice I vape has 70 % pg, and it is very flavorful.

Ahlusion is my favorite juice vendor and allow one to customize their juice preferences from high pg to high vg, and the sweetness factor as well. I find that I prefer Ahlusion juice without sweeteners and without any mint or koolada. Be sure to look at their custom line of juices, because their Elite line is hasn't yet been introduced.

Ahlusion - A Fresh New Taste

thymetraveler

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Brigantine, NJ
I can't say the clone is the exact same as the authentic, but I love both my Vika Fantasy Clone and my Kabuki Clone. FYI -- you can buy an authentic Vika Fantasy Lite for about $30.

I haven't bought the authentic Vika Fantasy Lite yet, but I plan to pick one up at some point.

vika fantasy

Links to the FT Kabuki clone and the Vika Fantasy clone are below:

Uh Oh -- I think I underestimated the cost of the Kabuki clone at FT a bit. It's more like $20, but it's still a great deal. Sorry 'bout that!

$18.84 SJMY Kabuki Styled BCC Bottom Coil Clearomizer - 4ml / 316 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

And the Vika Fantasy clone...

$8.98 Vika Fantasy Styled Tank Clearomizer - 3ml / 1.8ohm / 316 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Thank you very much.

thymetraveler

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Brigantine, NJ
Also, a good way to up your flavor quotient is to vape higher pg juices. Most of the juice I vape has 70 % pg, and it is very flavorful.

Ahlusion is my favorite juice vendor and allow one to customize their juice preferences from high pg to high vg, and the sweetness factor as well. I find that I prefer Ahlusion juice without sweeteners and without any mint or koolada. Be sure to look at their custom line of juices, because their Elite line is hasn't yet been introduced.

Ahlusion - A Fresh New Taste
Wish I could use more pg, makes me cough. I do appreciate your response, thank you.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've been trying to get flavor through the vaporizer since I started vaping. The nicotine got through and I was able to get off the tobacco. I used the Vaperesso Gemini RTA and made coils but the real answer was DIY, making the liquid myself. You'll save money, get more flavor, possibly reduce the amount of gunk on your coils and have them last longer.

thymetraveler

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Brigantine, NJ
I've been trying to get flavor through the vaporizer since I started vaping. The nicotine got through and I was able to get off the tobacco. I used the Vaperesso Gemini RTA and made coils but the real answer was DIY, making the liquid myself. You'll save money, get more flavor, possibly reduce the amount of gunk on your coils and have them last longer.
Thank you, diy'er here too, finally got some flavor with a strong banana colada. Hoping to increase my taste range as time goes on without the stinkies.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Not sure if you're looking for juice recommendations, but any time I had vapers tongue or problems tasting I went back to my old standby: pink spot by pink spot vape. It's incredibly flavorful. In fact, when I'm tasting "normally " I dilute it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I've unfortunately found that I can't buy a stock solution prebuilt Atomizer that provides the taste of
an old fashioned Dual Coil setup.

I have been cheating and buying premade coils and wicking and installing on my OBS Engine Tank.

My favorite setup for taste is

The OBS Engine Tank
with Dual Claptons.
.13ohms at 435'F
or around 41 watts.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
For a tank with a good atomizer try the SMOKTech TFV8 Big Baby Beast, there is also the Baby Beast but some people prefer the Big Baby, it's the best tank that I've used.
Nice to meet other people doing the DIY, so many good points to it I don't know why everyone isn't into it. So far I've been sticking to tobacco flavors so far and have a few favorites.

thymetraveler

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Brigantine, NJ
Not sure if you're looking for juice recommendations, but any time I had vapers tongue or problems tasting I went back to my old standby: pink spot by pink spot vape. It's incredibly flavorful. In fact, when I'm tasting "normally " I dilute it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, unfortunately I can't do more than 10% pg, which really doesn't help my goofy situation.

Reactions: ChelsB

thymetraveler

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Brigantine, NJ
I've unfortunately found that I can't buy a stock solution prebuilt Atomizer that provides the taste of
an old fashioned Dual Coil setup.

I have been cheating and buying premade coils and wicking and installing on my OBS Engine Tank.

My favorite setup for taste is

The OBS Engine Tank
with Dual Claptons.
.13ohms at 435'F
or around 41 watts.
Sounds quite tasty.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
For a tank with a good atomizer try the SMOKTech TFV8 Big Baby Beast, there is also the Baby Beast but some people prefer the Big Baby, it's the best tank that I've used.
Nice to meet other people doing the DIY, so many good points to it I don't know why everyone isn't into it. So far I've been sticking to tobacco flavors so far and have a few favorites.
I used to vape the TFV4 and than the 8 with the prebuilt coils, compared to my present setup the taste is muted.

thymetraveler

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Brigantine, NJ
Is that a sub ohm tank? MFS has a seemingly unbeatable deal on the tank & mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread