Shipments being seized

Status
Not open for further replies.

devDelay

Jun 8, 2009
So what's the usual process after your stuff has been seized? Rebel mentioned something, but nothing too specific about contacting the "FDA customs division". I would have expected much more details and or followup from him. As from anyone that just got robbed a substantial amount of property. Supposedly you get a letter? That's not really my style to wait for the government to maybe tell me something. As far as I am concerned they will have stolen property from a private citizen. So, if no one has any ideas... I am wiling to use resources I have at my disposal. And FOIA requests usually piss any government agency off well enough. Then I supposed I could file suit, maybe in personal capacities depending on the amount of information FOIA request affords. My point being....and forgive my frustration... where are all the ...... off people ready to fight for what is right? I'd like to think I would have heard a lot more from the people who got robbed by US Customs and what they are actively doing about it.

vjnnc

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
I feel like this is a discussion on weather - everyone complains about, but there's nothing you can really do - or is there?

Until someone can present a clear, convincing report that shows these ecigs to be deadly, I say the FDA has no business doing what they are - why are suppliers (domestic) not banding together to file a lawsuit to stop them?

I've done what I can as a personal user - contacted my Senators and Congressional Rep - I sent an email to the FDA, and encourage anyone who will listen to do the same.

Janetda

ECF Veteran
Not to be too argumentative, but there isn't much one can do once the government steps in. You can say that you'll sue, but it really doesn't get you far and costs tons of money most don't have.

Also, since nicotine is considered a drug (whether we like it or not), it's not the FDA's responsibility to prove that e-cigs are unsafe, it's up to e-cig manufacturers to prove that they are safe. The FDA's little show last week wasn't anything they needed to do, it was a publicity stunt.

I have to wonder if our energies wouldn't be better spent dealing with manufacturers and ask that they start taking some responsibility in all of this.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/devdelay.html

lowwkeyy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
TX USA
dfwvapor.com
when my family ran booze from canada to detroit they would always take 6-7 boats across fill one with booze odds of all boats being stopped were slim ( they never got the booze)
it seems like modified shipping elements to
po box
ups street address accounts
storage sheds
buddies house
employees house
ect ect
start making smaller orders more often so when you do get ur stuff stopped it's a oh darn , instead of oh **** how do we keep the lights on type of issue.

has anyone tried to use an escrow account with the china suppliers. my company and past ones have used this type of service to verifiy the seller gets the stuff through customs and everything is in one pieces . When selling we demand the buyer buy before or has the money in escrow and is ready to release it when they have recieved there items .

chad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
NY, USA
cybervapor.com
you guys aren't the brightest, telling people how you're getting products in :pervy:

Haha. Please, as if everyone doesn't know. It's not like there's anything "secret" about mainstream shipping methods. Gimme a break.

"Last week I flew an e-cig shipment in on a private water-plane from Columbia to Florida... They were packed inside stuffed pandas which were crated up with labels that said 'School Supplies for Orphanages.' I hope no one finds out about this..."

Dude they're talking about EMS and USPS not some "fly-by-night" courier service. You act like they're "exposing" clandestine e-cig runners or something. :confused:

chad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
NY, USA
cybervapor.com
Well the FDA is saying they are illegal and they have a lot of my items detained.. Legal or illegal, the FDA is exercising their power.

The FDA is fda'ing you raw with their 13 inch pole of power. This is the problem when a regulatory/enforcement agency has the power to dictate what "rules" they want to enforce.

Hangtime

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: language
the posts were a bit confusing at first but it all makes sense now.................I am in total agreement, that when the **** finally hits the fan. If these devices are labeled differently and especially if they are sold seperately from the nicotine. They would be legal.

You can buy all the components to make a bomb legally.........you can buy all the components to make fully automatic machine guns( seperately)

Happilly, I think you are on the money Happily.
Each component is legal thus a ban is unworkable, companies just have to adapt their product, sell componets seperately.

Thee FDA are wsting their time,basically all they will achieve is proving they are idiots, and thats hardly an achievement as we know that anyway!! (howls of laughter ;):D).

So all they will do is waste tonnes of public money achieving fook all :rolleyes:

Talking of public money look how much money wil be waved from healthier smokers requiring less medical care and able to work longer.
And this at a time when Obama is doing his public.

This is utter madness and political suicide. (Get Bush back in office I'd like to see him roll a 7 :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread