Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The Nebox in particular, or even the Cupti for that matter. Budget devices, never seen an atomizer short error.

I believe the NeBox does have Short Circuit Protection.

You should Always do things to Prevent a Short Circuit. Like Clipping Leads as close as possible. Or making sure a coil Can't come into contact with Anything. But in the event of a Short, the NeBox should give you a Level of Protect to prevent a Thermal Run-Away.

Reactions: AstroTurf

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I don't know of any regulated power devices that don't have short circuit protection.
Right, because without it, the most likely thing to happen is that regulator circuit would fail first, and then said regulator would have a reputation for being unreliable.

Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Right, because without it, the most likely thing to happen is that regulator circuit would fail first, and then said regulator would have a reputation for being unreliable.

I've always been wary of coil spacing on my Kayfuns (or any atomizer with similar coil mounts). When you mount a coil the positive leg has to bridge the gap to the negative side.

Depending on how it's mounted it could sag and short across the gap. Bad news. Hopefully, a small wire gauge would melt if that happened. With larger gauges thermal runaway could by triggered, especially if the wire segment welded itself across the bridge.

It's something to think about when mounting a coil. I've never seen that scenario documented, but who knows after a meltdown what actually happened? Most mods are a smoking charred mess after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread