Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Hey BJ,
I'm building a DNA30 bottom feeder, what rda do you suggest that's easy to mod?

The IGOs, just drill a hole thru the bottom of the center pin. Then you wrap your pos coil leg on the pos post screw instead of thru the horizontal hole, leaving the horizontal hole in the pos post free for juice to come thru from the bottom. You may have to shorten the pos screw a bit so it doesn't screw all the way down and cover the horizontal hole.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Hey BJ,
I'm building a DNA30 bottom feeder, what RDA do you suggest that's easy to mod?

If I can chime in here, the Trident was easy to mod, I pulled the positive pin and cut about a quarter of the insulator out with a razor knife then reassembled. It feeds and drains perfectly and the vape quality and AFC are the best of all my converted RDAs to date. The center pin is copper which may be an issue for some but it is a great vape.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
If I can chime in here, the Trident was easy to mod, I pulled the positive pin and cut about a quarter of the insulator out with a razor knife then reassembled. It feeds and drains perfectly and the vape quality and AFC are the best of all my converted RDAs to date. The center pin is copper which may be an issue for some but it is a great vape.

Are you saying you do not have to drill a hole thru the bottom of the pos pin? Are you sure it is copper and not brass? A pic of the inside would be nice..:)

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Are you saying you do not have to drill a hole thru the bottom of the pos pin? Are you sure it is copper and not brass? A pic of the inside would be nice..:)

Yes, no hole through the pin is necessary. I didn't take pics while doing the Trident but the Cats was done the same way, here's a couple of pics to show how it looks

Cut insulators installed

The Cats has a 2 piece insulator, this is both post-op

Here's the bottom of the Trident, it's definitely copper. Don't know if it shows well though, my picture taking skills leave much to be desired.

I'll take some under the hood when I can stop vaping it long enough, it's hitting really well :)

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
@B2L, Thanks, very interesting I ordered a couple. I would have never thought of just cutting a channel in the insulator.:)

It's not my original thought, I forget who recommended doing it this way but it works well. It puts the opening right on the deck so it drains completely every time.

Let me know how you like the Tridents, so far this is my favorite conversion.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Here's one - The Odin by Loki Lab :)
http://youtu.be/I8HyylQZ6HI

eW7vJQo.jpg

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
I put together a DIY mod to see what bottom feeders are like...... Now, I am absolutely SOLD. What a great way to vape! :)

This crappy Altoids box has a Nimbus clone atty and a robust copper and brass current path. Functionally, it is a beast!

Looking forward to making a significantly "better" one....... :vapor:
AdobePhotoshopExpress_643a170343794efb8a71ff252b7acfe6_jpg[1].jpg AdobePhotoshopExpress_9dfa65ad54b84cc1bc7ac3151101b8d3_jpg[1].jpg

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I'm probably the only one using an RSST top deck as the bottom deck of a bottom feeder, but I must say...it works fantastic! Lots and lots of modifications but it does work as a "permanent" fixture, this is not a 510 style atomizer. I've had this box together for about four months now and it's just wonderful, dual 18650 parallel unregulated. Built to .28 ohms or so, single 5 wrap parallel twisted 26ga micro coil.

rsstbf2.jpg

rsstbf1.jpg

rsstbf3.jpg

I'll have to make a more in depth post later on detailing the internal workings, but suffice to say it's a very tight fit in there. I wanted something I could use every day and throw into my pocket with my keys and not worry about scratching, that's why I simply wire brushed and torched the paint off the tin. Bonus points to anyone who knows what the tin box was originally used for. :)

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
I'm probably the only one using an RSST top deck as the bottom deck of a bottom feeder, but I must say...it works fantastic! Lots and lots of modifications but it does work as a "permanent" fixture, this is not a 510 style atomizer. I've had this box together for about four months now and it's just wonderful, dual 18650 parallel unregulated. Built to .28 ohms or so, single 5 wrap parallel twisted 26ga micro coil.

rsstbf2.jpg

rsstbf1.jpg

rsstbf3.jpg

I'll have to make a more in depth post later on detailing the internal workings, but suffice to say it's a very tight fit in there. I wanted something I could use every day and throw into my pocket with my keys and not worry about scratching, that's why I simply wire brushed and torched the paint off the tin. Bonus points to anyone who knows what the tin box was originally used for. :)

Band-Aid brand bandages box as its former life is my guess..:vapor: well done

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread