Single Coil Serpent RDTA by Wotofo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
My Wotofo Serpent RDTA came today. It's a Very Nice RDTA.

Very Good Machining / Fit n' Finish.
Easy to build and Large Deck.
Big Wicking Holes.
Fill System Couldn't be Easier.
My 510 Drip Tips all seem to Fit in the 510 Adapter.
Doesn't seem to Leak.

My only Nit is that it is Kinda Airy. And would have liked to have seen a Deck Airflow Reducer. But I like a more Restrictive Hit than probably most.

The Flavor is Good. But I will probably put a piece of Silicone Tubing in the deck hole and see if that makes the Flavor even Better.

Over-All it is a Very Nice RDTA. And (IMO) worth the Price.
I am mainly a MTL/very restricted lung hit vaper so I here you. I don't see why most RTAs don't come with screw in restrictors it is very simple and would cost the companies next to nothing. This RDTA is a perfect example. I have one of mine with a make shift restrictor in it. I make contact coils of descending sizes and insert them into the airflow

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I've been using mine all day for four days.
It'sa great little atty IMO. However, I am not too fond of the clamps. They should have made them totally flat without a center protruding post. It doesn't feel super secure. The screws are also meh.
Currently running a triple parallel 26g ss316l 3.5mm.
No noise besides a normal air intake.
Great dense vape.
0ISo.jpg

0ISX.jpg

0ISm.jpg

0ISS.jpg

0IS1.jpg
Ya I am not a fan of the screws I stripped them very quickly however I have had no problems with the clamps

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I am mainly a MTL/very restricted lung hit vaper so I here you. I don't see why most RTAs don't come with screw in restrictors it is very simple and would cost the companies next to nothing. This RDTA is a perfect example. I have one of mine with a make shift restrictor in it. I make contact coils of descending sizes and insert them into the airflow

I Couldn't Agree More.

Especially when a Atty like this was Designed to be a Dedicated Single Coil. Which would attract more MTL users then say a Dual Coil set-up.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Filling this thing with a glass dropper bottle is a nightmare, juice just bleh out all over the place.

Try keeping the Fill Port where the Air comes out Higher than the Fill Port you are using to fill with. And fill relatively Slowly.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Try keeping the Fill Port where the Air comes out Higher than the Fill Port you are using to fill with. And fill relatively Slowly.
The problem isn't the actual filling, its sticking the dropper into the fill port. The excess juice on the outside of the dropper goes everywhere and makes a mess when you insert into the fill port.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The problem isn't the actual filling, its sticking the dropper into the fill port. The excess juice on the outside of the dropper goes everywhere and makes a mess when you insert into the fill port.

Gotcha.

Maybe a Quick wipe with a Paper Towel on the dropper would help?

Reactions: TrollDragon

f1fanoly

Jan 18, 2014
Centralia
So, I just got this today and have been vaping with it for a bit now, enough to leave my impression here. I have and use an OBS engine nano, Merlin mini, all the Goblin minis, Coilart Mage GTA, Digiflavor Fujison, Serpent mini, Serpent mini 25, Serpent alto and now this Serpent RDTA. My impression so far is WOW. Super easy to build right out of the box, looks good even though they should made it a 25, but the flavor! This thing is my new favorite. The Serpent minis are awesome, the Alto sucks, neat tank/idea but the flavor is weak. This one though, just WOW! With the correct screwdriver the screws are fine and I kind of like the way the leads mount to the deck. GET THIS TANK!

kelstasy

Dec 9, 2016
Philippines
So, I just got this today and have been vaping with it for a bit now, enough to leave my impression here. I have and use an OBS engine nano, Merlin mini, all the Goblin minis, Coilart Mage GTA, Digiflavor Fujison, Serpent mini, Serpent mini 25, Serpent alto and now this Serpent RDTA. My impression so far is WOW. Super easy to build right out of the box, looks good even though they should made it a 25, but the flavor! This thing is my new favorite. The Serpent minis are awesome, the Alto sucks, neat tank/idea but the flavor is weak. This one though, just WOW! With the correct screwdriver the screws are fine and I kind of like the way the leads mount to the deck. GET THIS TANK!
With that I'll get this in the next pay day, while waiting for the gaia to be locally available in our place.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Glad I skipped the alto then. I really liked the build deck on it, but went for the RDTA instead once I saw it. So far the RDTA has been pretty good, for a $22 atty, I can't complain.

Personally I am glad it's 22mm, so sick of unnecessarily wide attys that hang over on my mods, or go outside the diameter of FDV/varitube 510s.

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm 4 days into this atty and proud to report....its awesome!! Sadly, I like it so much it is making re-prioritize this month vape budget to get a few more. I find it perfect for flavor and doesn't guzzle the juice too bad. I stuck it on a old mech just to see how it looked and for some reason my TC mods have hardly been vaped on since..... I can't put it down.

I've always thought the sweet spot in an atty for flavor was 19mm to 22mm in size and I change my flavors up a lot. Being small as it is, it's perfect for vaping the expensive juices too. If your'e thinking about getting one, forget about it.... get two.

batteredwombat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
I made a airflow reducer for my serpent mini. I get SS wire, gauge depends on how much i want to restrict, then wrap a tight long coil (i would try 4mm for serpent rdta, but you want it to sit a bit tight in the hole), cut to size, put into coil airflow, and boom, restricted airflow.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
I made a airflow reducer for my serpent mini. I get SS wire, gauge depends on how much i want to restrict, then wrap a tight long coil (i would try 4mm for serpent rdta, but you want it to sit a bit tight in the hole), cut to size, put into coil airflow, and boom, restricted airflow.

Made it with 24 GA Kanthal wire and it works. Once reducer is in the air channel you have to turn it against the coiling direction to secure. It will sit tight but you can still pull it out if needed.
The draw is very restricted now and the flavour is even better. Thanks for the tip, batteredwombat

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Congrats! :thumbs:
The heat treated one you mean. ;)

It's noisy but vapes great. So depending on your OCD, you can kind of overlook the loudness. :D
I hope it's not too loud, I couldn't decide, the Gaia is only dual coil, the Pindad has the polycarbonate tank. Think it will look nice on my purple Minikin v2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread