Smok alien blowing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macdevallday

Apr 24, 2017
Hey guys new here and kinda new to vaping. Only reason i picked one up was to quit smoking.
So i picked up the alien kit with the q2 baby beast. I run it only at 19 watts. Which from what i see is pretty low. Well i noticed all the concern with sub ohms blowing up. So wanted some easy advice. How to prevent it. I am using samsung 30q batteries. Had a few questions as ehat happens if a atuomizers life runs out? Do i need a volt meter to check it? Or will it just stop working? I just dont wanna worry about this thing up to my face thanks in advanced.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
You're using good cells at a very reasonable power level, the chance of it blowing up is as great as a jar of peanut butter sitting on your counter blowing up.
Authentic samsung 30Q will support 100w - 120w safely in a dual battery power device. If you notice the batteries getting very warm, let them cool off for a while.

You'll get off, odd, strange funky or burnt tastes & possibly reduced air flow when it is time to change the replaceable head if that's what you're using (factory / pre built coil & wicking material in a single replaceable unit. )
Or change the wicking material & clean the coil if using an RBA of some sort.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Hey guys new here and kinda new to vaping. Only reason i picked one up was to quit smoking.
    So i picked up the alien kit with the q2 baby beast. I run it only at 19 watts. Which from what i see is pretty low. Well i noticed all the concern with sub ohms blowing up. So wanted some easy advice. How to prevent it. I am using samsung 30q batteries. Had a few questions as ehat happens if a atuomizers life runs out? Do i need a volt meter to check it? Or will it just stop working? I just dont wanna worry about this thing up to my face thanks in advanced.
    Factory coils generally will function fine until the taste drops or it tastes burnt. They won't shut off, blow up and such. A factory coil can last several days with a good eliquid, less for oversweetened thick gunky stuff. After priming and filling the tank, when you screw it on the mod and tap the button, it'll show the ohms like a volt meter would. If those ohms are close to what you ordered, proceed.

Have fun and let us know if you need additional help getting off the smokes or operating your ecig device. The more time that you can spend on this forum to absorb info will go a long way.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    My feeling is we try to 'prevent' this stuff by using
    1. Quality batteries
    2. Regulated devices
    3. Taking the cautious approach; e.g. if you want to vape at 60w-75w - buy a 2 battery mod or learn the combination of mod/battery and atomizer resistance to reach the higher settings safely.

You will know when the atomizer head is almost finished. The taste and vapor will tell you.
    It could be 2 days, it could be 2 weeks... even 2 months.

Obviously, we want to know about 2 days coils.... so we can avoid them! :eek:
    2 weeks is a good result. I think most factory coils do not make 2 weeks.

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    Great thanks for the info guys. Ill continue as planned. My coil is poopping and tasting different now so ill change it. Has lasted 2 weeks. Glad ill probably not have any issues.
    Replacable coils can be used until they start tasting really bad, you'll know, even though there is plenty of liguid saturating the coil. What happens is the wick becomes clogged with charmalized liquid so the liquid can't flow to the coil fast enough. A battery tip. Li batteries are problematic because they have compounds that react to each other and generate heat if they come in contact with each other because the membrane separating them is damaged by too much current or too much heat. So your batteries should be in the mod or in a charager or in a case, NEVER left with the terminals exposed to incidental contact with anything, especially metal. Most of the injury accidents we hear about these days seem to happen because people were carrying loose batteries with exposed terminals in a pocket. Never do that.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined. I would say 19 watts is in the median range. Last I have seen, less than a year ago 2 out of 10 vapers were into subohm'g, not sure today.
    Might like to read:
    All About Sub-Ohm Vaping - The Perks and the Problems
    What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
    All About Sub-Ohm Vaping | Spinfuel VAPE
    Battery safety
    Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
    ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread