Smok Alien

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelstasy

Dec 9, 2016
Philippines
yes it does... it's very matchy matchy!

i've been using it in TC mode with my azeroth with SS316L V 1.2.2 and i've had no issues with TC, so happy to have one mod that the azzy doesn't over-hang
i've had mine since dec 26th, no paint chipping despite it being my main mod and getting tossed into either truck constantly or pockets
i turned the screen down to 50% so that helps with battery life a little(my vaping habits are what kills my batteries)
none of my buttons are loose in any way, thankfully i've managed to not drop it yet, despite being a klutz
i've used both the factory and RBA as i've got the rba for the baby beast and big baby beast and they are great with the taller glass, just remember to wick it while it's not in the base
i have learned it will not charge via USB, unless it's connected to something with a computer chip, sucks in the one truck but not the other(my baby truck isn't as fancy as the ram)

i've only got one problem with mine... the juice magically disappears!
Are you using the preset settings in tc?

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
no chipping despite the fact it has been taken to our car repair garage more than a few times, always ending up int eh cupholder of two trucks, or being in my pockets a lot. we'll see if my hubby's holds up, though i think he's not going to take it to the garage and keep it away from the job... at least the gunmetal will hide the black from his hands lmao.

Reactions: kelstasy

kelstasy

Dec 9, 2016
Philippines
no chipping despite the fact it has been taken to our car repair garage more than a few times, always ending up int eh cupholder of two trucks, or being in my pockets a lot. we'll see if my hubby's holds up, though i think he's not going to take it to the garage and keep it away from the job... at least the gunmetal will hide the black from his hands lmao.
Thanks for the information mate! Very helpful

Reactions: Cheallaigh

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Firmware 1.2.11 is posted on the Smok site.... not sure if it is "new" or the original version firmware tho
NuMicro ISP Programming Tool for Alien--SMOK® Being with you for all great vaping time!

Just updated mine and it seems there is a couple of things different with the UI. Now when it detects a new coil it shows both the new and old coil resistances on the screen. You have an option to rotate the screen 180deg (upside down).

In terms of vape, I still get the occasional pause when firing much like what I was getting with 1.2.2

Last edited:

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
A version
2.5 claptons .4 ohms icky kanthal since i'm being a slacker and using their RBA with the built in coils... or using the q2 coils, when i'm running my big baby tank.

what i have put on it? CoilArt Azeroth RDTA
dual coil, 8 wrap, 28g SS316L round, .4 ohms, 415f, i didn't bother with the wattage and left the SS with the one it came with and it worked fine, been running that off and on since boxing day, never had an issue.

kelstasy

Dec 9, 2016
Philippines
Firmware 1.2.11 is posted on the Smok site.... not sure if it is "new" or the original version firmware tho
NuMicro ISP Programming Tool for Alien--SMOK® Being with you for all great vaping time!

Just updated mine and it seems there is a couple of things different with the UI. Now when it detects a new coil it shows both the new and old coil resistances on the screen. You have an option to rotate the screen 180deg (upside down).

In terms of vape, I still get the occasional pause when firing much like what I was getting with 1.2.2

Any feedbacks from B version who tried to upgrade, thanks!

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Baby Beast
28/32 SS316L claptons
3mm
dual coil 7 wraps
comes out to .45 ohms on the CM 521 tab/.435 on the alien 220
70/30 vg/pg juice
quickwicks 3mm cotton
35w/410f

no probs...
Can I ask you a favor?
Can you try increasing your wattage to 60watts but leaving the temp at 410F and tell me if you get any pauses in your vape?
If you do not feel comfortable vaping at that wattage you can simply just press the fire button and either listen for the pause or watch the display for the pause.

I am curious about something.

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
k i need to refill... i vaped it almost dry lmao.
nope no pauses and worked fine, just did 10 puffs... too hot for my preferences, but worked with no pauses.
Thanks. Just to clarify, you only increased the wattage and not the temperature right?
I thought it might have been the heat Flux value related. But if you only increased wattage and not temperature than I would be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread