Smok Spirals Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
Haven't seen a thread for this tank yet. I just got back from the Blackhawks game I went to last night :w00t: It was a good game even though they lost. Anyways when I pulled in I noticed I had some vape mail and this little tank was in my mailbox. I have been waiting for Smok to come back to a MTL tank. While I enjoy the Brit, and Big Baby, I don't like lung inhaling all the time. This tank BTW is very capable of a lung inhale. It came with 2 coils and a pretty nice RBA deck for a single coil option which I haven't played with yet. So far I have only been puffing on this tank for a hour but so far Smok has knocked it out of the part with this one. I hope eventually they come out with a 4ml extension instead of the 2ml that it holds now. Either way this tank is gonna be enjoyed by all the flavor chasers out there. I decided to just go ahead an start a thread and post a video for anybody thinking about buying this tank. I picked mine up for $19.99 and it's worth every penny.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Haven't seen a thread for this tank yet. I just got back from the Blackhawks game I went to last night :w00t: It was a good game even though they lost. Anyways when I pulled in I noticed I had some vape mail and this little tank was in my mailbox. I have been waiting for Smok to come back to a MTL tank. While I enjoy the Brit, and Big Baby, I don't like lung inhaling all the time. This tank BTW is very capable of a lung inhale. It came with 2 coils and a pretty nice RBA deck for a single coil option which I haven't played with yet. So far I have only been puffing on this tank for a hour but so far Smok has knocked it out of the part with this one. I hope eventually they come out with a 4ml extension instead of the 2ml that it holds now. Either way this tank is gonna be enjoyed by all the flavor chasers out there. I decided to just go ahead an start a thread and post a video for anybody thinking about buying this tank. I picked mine up for $19.99 and it's worth every penny.

Thanks for starting this, and good to hear. I'm curious for if they make a 4ml as well. If they do, I'll probably give it a go, but I just can't imagine refilling that often with 2ml's. Any spitback or flooding with it?

Reactions: Vesh

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
Thanks for starting this, and good to hear. I'm curious for if they make a 4ml as well. If they do, I'll probably give it a go, but I just can't imagine refilling that often with 2ml's. Any spitback or flooding with it?
I have had no issues so far with flooding or spitback. The 2ml actually lasts me a good while since I don't chain vape. I keep the watts on the 0.6 coil at about 18 to 23 and it performs well. If I change the coil out to the 0.3 it puts out a lot more vapor but the juice goes a little faster at about 35 watts.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
This this is super easy to wick and build. Pretty much a no brainer. Got it to use exclusively with my Pico. I have to say that I'm more than happy with this setup.
c673d709419574eec8a5408fd6702a84.jpg

Sent from my LG V20

mittelwert22

Oct 6, 2016
Hey,

I'm wondering if people who already got this tank, can give some information regarding its MTL capabilities?
At the moment I'm vaping on a cubis pro with the 0.6 BF coils. To get the tight draw that I like, I got the airflow completely closed.

So I'm wondering how tight of draw I can get with the spiral and the 0.6 coil that comes with it.
I'm deciding between a Nautilius X and this tank.

Thanks in advance!

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
Hey,

I'm wondering if people who already got this tank, can give some information regarding its MTL capabilities?
At the moment I'm vaping on a cubis pro with the 0.6 BF coils. To get the tight draw that I like, I got the airflow completely closed.

So I'm wondering how tight of draw I can get with the spiral and the 0.6 coil that comes with it.
I'm deciding between a Nautilius X and this tank.

Thanks in advance!
The draw on MTL is not a tight draw. It's slightly airy. It does good for MTL but it can also do restrictive lung. It doesn't have a airflow adjustment so you are stuck with the 4 air holes that is there. The Nautilus is gonna have a tighter draw but the flavor on this Spiral tank is really nice.

bkkdaytrader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
Thailand
I love this tank but am having problems with the rba. I cant get any of my wire to hold under those screws. Can someone tell me which wire I should buy that will be able to get caught under those screws? There are a few variations of clapton wire for sale but I want to make sure I get one thick enough--I need the specs... other wise I love this tank with the coils and with the prebuilt rba coil vapes fantastic--and yes 4 mls would be great. thanks

anyone having shorting issues with the replacement coils? Ive used two different spirals tanks, and 15+ repl coils and most of them end up shorting out after anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 days.

Man, that sucks to hear about the coils. My Spirals tank is supposed to come in tomorrow, and I've been super excited to give it a go. How is the RBA deck working?

BennyB

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
San Diego, Ca
Man, that sucks to hear about the coils. My Spirals tank is supposed to come in tomorrow, and I've been super excited to give it a go. How is the RBA deck working?
The rba is great if you have a Clapton coil to throw in there, not sure you'd be able to trap a single round wire coil but I haven't tried that yet. I put one of the included spare o rings in the base, under the Pos contact of the repl coil and this appears to have solved it but I should not have to do that. I haven't been able to find anything online about this shorting issue, guess I'll remain curious. I have sold about 10 of them through my shop and no customers have reported any issues..

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
What drives me crazy is the new coils each time a manufacturer releases a new tank.

I get it in this case as you wouldn't necessarily want to run a 0.15ohm coil in it, but still.

Good to see the single coil RBA though!
Me too. Smok have a different coil for EVERYTHING.. at least Aspire offer lots of cross compatibility.
The only smok tanks i have that can share coils are the micro basic and micro tfv4.

The spiral looks fantastic to me visually, and there IS a 4ml version, called the "spirals plus", which is a 24.5 mm.
Haven't found it for sale yet though, but it's coming
Spirals Tank - SMOK® Being with you for all great vaping time!

So to the OP, what's the MTL like? I presume the 0.6 is the MTL coil? I have a blue mod (VT40) that I think the blue spirals would look great on, very interested in this tank but smok have to start at least offering coil compatibility. There is nothing stopping them from creating amazing new coils for a new tank, but allowing that tank to accept older coils. This tank would be way more intriguing if it took the micro TFV4 coils. (maybe it does???)

Last edited:
Reactions: drysprocket

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
For those of you who have it, is there a huge difference between the 0.6 and the 0.3 coil? I have two of these tanks and I'm running the.6 at 27ish watts. Gets me the best flavor, but starts to dry/hot hit after about a 4-5 second DL draw.
Would the 0.3 perform better in that aspect?
Almost thinking about a tfv8

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is a surprisingly quiet thread - I thought people would be all over these tanks. This is the first drop-in coil I've used in years, but I really like it. I have two and have used them exclusively for about a month now. Great MTL vape on the .6 coil at 27 watts. Haven't tried the .3 yet, but I may have to if the slow boat from China doesn't get here with my replacements soon. Not having any dry/hot issues, nick779, but that's MTL v. DL. I would assume the .3's would be thirstier, but you'd have to run them at a higher wattage, which might offset the extra juice. In other words, I don't know :). Hoping they make some TC coils for these.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Ya I'm getting the extra juice on the .6 too. I had to put a longer drip tip in to keep it from getting in my mouth. I like the tank (I have the plus) but I don't love it. Good flavor for sure, but I dunno, sort of an interesting inbetween from direct lung and MTL that I'm still not used to.

Btw, I almost always prefer something like a .6, but I actually like the .3 better on this. It's just a bit more air and it doesn't seem to get as juicy. Worth trying the one that comes in the pack. I might get more of those, since I'm iffy on the extra .6's that I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread