SMOK Spiral Tank Stuck to Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstNoele

Oct 10, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
For all of you folks who have multiple tanks that are partially filled, I am so envious and need your advice.
I have several SMOK Spiral tanks because I like to change eliquid flavors often. Problem is I have a helluva time unscrewing a tank holding any liquid, from the mod, with even just a little juice at the bottom.
The rubber band method at that base of the tank, with the bottom air intake, isn't working for me.
Because I want to leave the liquid in the tank, I haven't tried the vice grip or rubber glove method.
We know that 510 threaded mods have a minor spring action. Any secrets? Tools? Where to grasp? (Please don't say just the very bottom. LOL)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Tanks can tighten up over time, bottom fill can be a bit of a bear as often the coil does want to "push" on the top screwing it in, or out. I might consider taping the top of the tank TO the glass (if it's anything like I'm imagining, say, similar to my Kabuki that also does it.)

The tape might help you grip, and it would stop everything from separating and leaking, and then you could have at it with all the regular tank detachment methods. I think I may try that with my Kaebuki on next fill-- it was great with Max VG (too gloopy to leak out of the top) but not so hot now that my liquids are 10% water... they do want to drip out of the top, now. I plan to use that easy to remove packing tape that's blue.....

It's not so much losing the liquid, it just gets messy all over the place.... IDK if that solution might work for you? It might, I'm thinking.... But, I have been Known to be Wrong.... :)

Anna

• Love
Reactions: FirstNoele

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
rubber strap wrench. find them in plumbing dept.
Multi-functional-Adjustable-Rubber-Strap-Wrench-Can-Opener-6-8-For-Lids-Filter-Pipe-Gadget-KK006.jpg_640x640.jpg

Reactions: FirstNoele

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
GENIUS! That makes a LOT of sense! THANKS!

Yep. Tobeco used to include an allen key with every Supertank Mini even though it was not rebuildable and had nary a grub screw anywhere. It took me a while to figure out that it was intended to be used through the bottom airflow slots to assist in removing the bottom of the tank to replace the coil.

Reactions: stols001

FirstNoele

Oct 10, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Yep. Tobeco used to include an allen key with every Supertank Mini even though it was not rebuildable and had nary a grub screw anywhere. It took me a while to figure out that it was intended to be used through the bottom airflow slots to assist in removing the bottom of the tank to replace the coil.
Even the smallest of my set of allen wrenches is too large for the air flow slots. I've ordered a ceramic rda tank tweezers (tank wrench LOL) and a couple of other tools from Amazon. They sent me a text that they were delivered today. Now I get to change flavors without a mess! Thanks to everyone who helped me with their suggestions. It's good to have friends.................and knowledgeable ones too!

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread