Smok TFV4 Sub Ohm Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinoCappuccino

Moved On
Oct 24, 2015
And it doesn't matter if you have the 200 watt or are you needed least 120 watts just to be comfortable just to make sure sometimes it doesn't fire even if you have enough wats for the coil because you're your mod is not good enough for the maximum wattage that is available so it just loves you and says screw you and that's why you need at least 120 watts and it's pretty simple to do you have to step up to the major leagues I got that snow wolf I got a bundle I got the the batteries very good batteries I got the tank and the box model in one the limited edition and they're running out of it so if you looking for something it's pretty cool if I could figure out how to post a picture I will I think I got it here hold on

Cvantuss

Nov 14, 2015
Just got this tank, and it is a serious love/hate relationship so far.

It's huge, and heavy, and there was little to no QA on this thing. The orings are all $#!+, and some of the critical build tolerances are off.

But the clouds and the flavor are making all the trouble worth it... maybe.

When I first got it, I tried to take it apart. The bottom glass was welded into the base. I tugged and twisted, consulted the tiny amount of documentation that came with it, sighed in frustration, and finally got it free without (miraculously) destroying the oring.

I got this thing primarily for the rba. So I pulled out the tri coil and popped in the rba deck. I wicked it up just like I have done on many before it, threw it all back together, and proceeded to fill it up with my favorite premium juice. The juice by which I measure all others. The only juice I am (grudgingly) willing to pay the outrageous price for. The juice I am even now savoring while I write this. I watched in dismay as a tankful of this prized and rare nectar drained out through the air holes.

Super long story a little shorter, I discovered the rba deck + chimney is just a hair shorter than the premade coils. It does not screw all the way down before the length of the glass stops it, thus preventing the chimney oring from making a proper seal. As soon as the juice reaches that point, it starts to go down the drain. I went to my favorite local vape shop and scrounged up a thicker oring, and solved that problem temporarily. While I was there I picked up some better orings for the top and bottom glass. Problem one solved.

Next up, wicking. With the tank sealed up, I still had leaking when filling. After a little trial and error, I finally found the trick. I pulled out some cotton bacon I had abandoned as useless, and cut a strip a little over 1/4 inch wide, and stuffed it into the coil that came on the deck. It was way fatter than I had any business using, but powered it through the coil (desperate times call for desperate measures). I pulled each side down below the bottom of the juice channels, and cut it straight right there. I wetted it with some juice, and then separated the wicking, leaving enough sticking down. Just enough to thoroughly clog up the juice channel. Then I cut the rest of the wick exactly level with the deck. I soaked the whole wick and threaded on the outer housing, being careful to keep the long parts lodged in the juice channels. With the rba assembled, I trimmed the channel cloggers flush with the side of the coil. Threw the whole thing back together, and prayed for no leaks and no dry hits.

It worked!

The only other problem I've had is the top fill seal. If you knock it off line while filling, and it doesn't line back up exactly, it will not maintain vacuum and the top will flip open at the worst times.

Now that I have those issues ironed out, I absolutely love this tank. Clouds and flavor for days. I even set off my smoke alarm! I'm now on the search for a dual 18650 mod, and have started to DIY my own juice.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Got some more coils to give it another shot.

Junk junk junk junk junk. This tank is absolute trash.
6a17119576ea72a0af573eb4f9f41e49.jpg
Trash??
I'm sorry you feel that way...the V4 seen here on the silver IPV3 vapes great at 75-80w with the triple coil ..have vaped 150ml of juice and this coil is still going strong..its the best subtank for me yet, and the Crowns, also seen here, are killer also..but I give the edge to the Smok.. Gonna try the RDA deck soon...I hear good things about it, [emoji12]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

NinoCappuccino

Moved On
Oct 24, 2015
Trash??
I'm sorry you feel that way...the V4 seen here on the silver IPV3 vapes great at 75-80w with the triple coil ..have vaped 150ml of juice and this coil is still going strong..its the best subtank for me yet, and the Crowns, also seen here, are killer also..but I give the edge to the Smok.. Gonna try the RDA deck soon...I hear good things about it, [emoji12]

Yes, It's got so many coils to choose from, only 2 bucks more per coil, something for everybody. Never have I tasted flavor and made clouds like this in my wildest dreams.

Reactions: smacksy

Mike Abrams

Account closed on request
Sep 21, 2015
New England
Trash??

Someone convinced me to try out his TFV4 at the B&M on Saturday night. I believe it had the quad coil, and he said "try this, it's set at 120w, it won't be hot or anything." It wasn't hot, but there was so much cloud that I thought I was going to choke myself on it--- and I wasn't even pulling hard. Turned it down to 80, and it was bearable, barely, for what my bod can handle. Maybe the tri-coil is something I could live with if I got this tank, not sure, haven't tried. People compare it with the Crown, and there's no comparison. Even with the 0.25 coil and my Crown set at 75-80, Crown is pretty easy to vape, sort of like a better tasking Atlantis V2, very middle-of-the road temp, flavor, and cloud production.

There are all sorts of high powered tanks out there now, some well known (Arctic Turbo, Cyclone, Hatrick), others less so (Triforce, Aeolus, Rage, Komodo). Some have one coil, some have 3, and some have a cooling fan...... all can handle well over 100w. Each initial review-- YouTube or other-- says "x" is the game-changer.

Not sure what to think, other than that (1) do any of them work as daily drivers when set to lower watts, (2) can my lungs handle some or any of these, and (3) until I learn to build coils, will the prebuilt ones be available?

Would be interesting to hear from TFV4 owners who have also tried some of these other tanks. I've heard reports that "x" is better than the TFV4, but they are like one-time reports, pretty anecdotal. I know everyone has several tanks, me included, but I think one in this class will be enough, if I can figure out which one.

Mike

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Someone convinced me to try out his TFV4 at the B&M on Saturday night. I believe it had the quad coil, and he said "try this, it's set at 120w, it won't be hot or anything." It wasn't hot, but there was so much cloud that I thought I was going to choke myself on it--- and I wasn't even pulling hard. Turned it down to 80, and it was bearable, barely, for what my bod can handle. Maybe the tri-coil is something I could live with if I got this tank, not sure, haven't tried. People compare it with the Crown, and there's no comparison. Even with the 0.25 coil and my Crown set at 75-80, Crown is pretty easy to vape, sort of like a better tasking Atlantis V2, very middle-of-the road temp, flavor, and cloud production.

There are all sorts of high powered tanks out there now, some well known (Arctic Turbo, Cyclone, Hatrick), others less so (Triforce, Aeolus, Rage, Komodo). Some have one coil, some have 3, and some have a cooling fan...... all can handle well over 100w. Each initial review-- YouTube or other-- says "x" is the game-changer.

Not sure what to think, other than that (1) do any of them work as daily drivers when set to lower watts, (2) can my lungs handle some or any of these, and (3) until I learn to build coils, will the prebuilt ones be available?

Would be interesting to hear from TFV4 owners who have also tried some of these other tanks. I've heard reports that "x" is better than the TFV4, but they are like one-time reports, pretty anecdotal. I know everyone has several tanks, me included, but I think one in this class will be enough, if I can figure out which one.

Mike
Hi Mike
I got rid of my Herkakes, STM and Starre subtanks when I got the Crown...it's that good! But my brother kept telling me how much better the Smok Tfv4 was compared to the Crown, so I had to get one...I got the kit that came with the RBA deck (havn't tried it yet) the quad coil, and the triple coil installed.. I like the triple coil at about 75-80w with airflow in the tank and drip tip wide open... The quad was good too but used ALOT of juice!..both tanks are good but I give the edge to the Smok, a little thicker vape than the Crown...both are great!

Nightly_Paradox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
East TN
I been enjoying the quad coil head so far. The mini kit didn't come with the quad when I had bought it so I had to stop back in 5 minutes later just to pick that up lol

My only complaint on the quad coil head is the resistance. I wish it was closer to 0.15 ohm mine came out of the pack at 0.18 ohm.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

NinoCappuccino

Moved On
Oct 24, 2015
I been enjoying the quad coil head so far. The mini kit didn't come with the quad when I had bought it so I had to stop back in 5 minutes later just to pick that up lol

My only complaint on the quad coil head is the resistance. I wish it was closer to 0.15 ohm mine came out of the pack at 0.18 ohm.

Did you use a separate ohm reader?

NinoCappuccino

Moved On
Oct 24, 2015
I had one small issue though, where I go and press the fire button and nothing happens, but when you release the button and try to fire it again then it fires. Would that be a sign of a poor quality coil as well?

Nah. It takes a second the first time you fire it once its tirned on then it works immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread