• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

SMOK TFV4 TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBenFPF

Sep 15, 2015
West side
I using this tank also. minimize the airflow hole and vape at lower heat/watt. anyway the coil is pretty easy once u get the technique. I'm using dual coil on a single deck rba.
0.4ohm @40/60w depending on juice.

Attachments

• IMG-20150926-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20150926-WA0000.jpeg
    461.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG-20150926-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20150926-WA0002.jpeg
    518.3 KB · Views: 66

jemton

Sep 13, 2015
I using this tank also. minimize the airflow hole and vape at lower heat/watt. anyway the coil is pretty easy once u get the technique. I'm using dual coil on a single deck rba.
0.4ohm @40/60w depending on juice.

nice im getting spits from the rba single coil deck
rewicked in many 12321321321321 different ways and still cant figure it out

Comrade Vape

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2015
Local
:facepalm:Apologies in digging up an old thread guys.. but sure had a rough start with the TFV4. Helped myself to a lovely black version but was blur in figuring out how to remove the base to change from the triple coil to the RBA.. Turns out you gotta pluck out the glass.. unfortunately i didn't screw in the rba properly. So the first full tank down the drain!!! Now have everything sorted out (hopefully) with the wonky way of taking apart and putting everything together. No drastic changes in juice level so far. Damn. What a step up from the subtank.

Reactions: MATVAPER

Jimmy Go

Unresolved Status
Dec 19, 2015
  • Deleted by Spencer87
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

Reflections

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
near equator
Sorry to hijack this thread. But I really need some advice but do not wish to open another thread.

I have been building titanium coils (spaced and contact coils) for the past 3 weeks on tfv4 without success. Running the tank with ipv d2 or evic vt mini.

Every time I build a new coil, the first 1/2 to full tank would feel good vaping. But the firing would weaken on the next refill. I will have to increase the temp in order to improve the firing. The flavour also degraded. It would weaken until it cannot be fired. New coil cannot last more than 1 day.

I am using 24awg ti gr1 wire with 9-10 wraps and Diameter 3mm. Resistance is at 0.28 to 0.33ohms. New coil firing at 420F and 50w was good. Subsequently has to increase the temp as the firing weaken. I would wrap a coil and set up the tank with juice and then sit the tank for 5 mins before locking the resistance.

Anyone has any idea where I did wrong?The coil just couldn't last more than a day.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hi! just want to ask does the tfv4 dual coil RBA fit on tfv4 mini?? does anyone know?

Yes. It does. Did some research recently as i also wanted to get the dual coil rba for my tfv4 mini.

Sent from vaping in haze land to contribute to the haze

Totally confirmed, when i bought my TFV4 Mini my b&m had a promotion on where they gave me the add on single and dual decks for free, lol so with the RCA in the
Mini kit im pretty sorted for build decks...

MunkMunk

Oct 12, 2011
Taiwan
I realized that the wick always break into half when i pull the wick out from the coil. Suspect that the wick broke and that coz the wicking problem. But I do not vape in high temp. Dunno why it always break one. Now put in a new cotton and try again.
Ur issue is common among most of my frens.. Solution is simple and it is towards ur wicking method. Use a scottish roll method to wick it n u will have no more leaking n the flavour will be awesome. Wick will not break into half as well unless u keep that roll for 1 month without changing it.

1 pc of cotton = 4 scottish roll. 1 roll can last approx 1 to 2 weeks. Depending on how hard u vape on it...if u need help on scottish roll pm me...my method is quite
Different. In fact scottish roll is best for RDAs n some other tanks as well...not all though ...i have done long pulls of 28 times in my record before dripping again. (KENNEDY 22) Short pulls will last even longer n u will see that ur wick is purely white in colour when ur re-dripping it!!

Lastly the increasing in watts u encounter as u find the taste is faded is due to the broken wick. Reason is ur wick is too thin n it does not fit snugly into ur coil. Thus creating a hot spot in the center which broke ur wick into half.

Enjoy n Vape on....[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread