• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Smok TFV4 Leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
Hi guys. Got a problem here. Got my titanium 24 Guage wire. Did a 10 wraps with 3mm screw driver in tvf4. Managed to lock the resistance at .48 ohms with ipv d2 and filled up the tank. Vape for awhile and ipv d2 low batt. I changed the batt and resistance cannot get back liao. Try to lock resistance but it keeps going up 2ohms, 3ohms, 4 ohms, 5ohms. Cannot get sub ohms. Anyone knows why?

Your build is wrong. Why would you lock the resistance after building and then fill up with juice? Temp control needs to have the coils built, the wick done, the tank filled and set to cool to room temp before you lock in the resistance.

Reactions: cloudysheep

Reflections

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
near equator
Your build is wrong. Why would you lock the resistance after building and then fill up with juice? Temp control needs to have the coils built, the wick done, the tank filled and set to cool to room temp before you lock in the resistance.

I read from a guide is to lock resistance first. Then set the temp and coil then fill up with juice. I will try your steps given to me. But why can't I lock the resistance now with juice inside?

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
You can lock. The reason why we do not lock resistance before we setup everything including filling up the tank is because our hands are still in constant contact with the tank which will transfer a huge amount of heat which causes the coils to move away from room temperature. But there is 100% certainty that your resistance will be very much different if you lock it before completing the setup and after the setup.

Reactions: cloudysheep

1TA2F

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Little Red Dot
I am having issue with top cover of TFV4, the groove between top cover and OCC got something wrong, whenever I fill above the line where these 2 meets, it will start leaking to the bottom and leak out through air holes.

Anyone facing this as well?

How did you assemble? You screw in the OCC to the airflow control first or to the chimney first?

I did it @VapGeek way and there wasn't any leaks at all. And remember to check your atty o rings before assembly, and not to tighten it too much.

Reflections

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
near equator
When I first got it, it also leak alot but I found out that it's because of wicking is wrong. Maybe you can try reworking it

I read somewhere saying putting a little wick into the juice well. I did that but also leak.

Just now when i first refill it leaked, until below the chimney then stop leaking. Then I try top up the juice above chimney but no leak. So I dunno when the leak is from.

Reflections

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
near equator
Problem again. Recoil with titanium. Vape almost 1/3 of the tank. Then suddenly error message from mod. "no liquid". Let the tank cool down and try to lock the resistance again. Error message came again. "check atomizer". Put to another mod. Also same error message. Dunno where I did wrong again. Wanna give up on tc liao.

Jimmy Go

Unresolved Status
Dec 19, 2015
  • Deleted by Spencer87
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread