Status
Not open for further replies.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Got some awaited vape mail last weekend with the Smok X Cube II mod - right out of the box, impressed with build quality - very solid (it ain't light...) build, big boingy springs in battery sled... they seem to have adjusted the battery door issues that were mentioned in early reviews - door seems secure and stays put with no issues thus far...

As is often the case, the de-structions that were included are somewhat sparse, though there are some decent vids out there on menu navigation and features - some useful 'shortcuts' built in so that you can turn BT on/ off, change mode, change draw style without actually having to go into menus/ submenus...

Started off using the freemax starre pro on it - no issues at all - digging the memory mode (16 presets, in 10w increments from 10w - 160w and they are adjustable - have my first couple set for 22, 25, 35, 45, 50 for commonly used wattages for my tanks/ rdas)... the led is cute (a little gimmicky, sure... but still mildly sexay - and the multiple modes is a fun feature - not useful, really, but fun)...

have not tried TC on it yet - need to throw a TC coil in my Freemax and give it a whirl (was using a .25 ohm kanthal coil)... so, I am no help there yet, lol (though reviews seem to indicate it works as intended - as opposed to the wonked out TC on the Smok M80)...

the Bluetooth app is... interesting... not much info on using the features via the app - some of it is pretty self explanatory, some is not... I have not had any problems with it, just not sure how useful it is (don't get me wrong, it's spiffy and all, but again more of a 'fun' feature thus far than actually useful)...

Screen display is good (a little tightly packed with info and icons, but not overwhelmingly so - and the menu navigation/ submenu navigation is good - very tweakable, settings-wise

Really like the firing bar, though out of the box, it was a bit stiff, it has started to get 'broken in' a bit with some use and is a good bit smoother than it was - which is good, since it is used for powering on/ off and menu navigation - also have some interesting features/ shortcuts available when you 'lock' the device (5 clicks) - date/ time/ puff counter...

All things being equal - $70 VERY well spent in my opinion thus far - very much enjoying using this beast - will try to get some pix up later also :)

vape on!

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Got some awaited vape mail last weekend with the Smok X Cube II mod - right out of the box, impressed with build quality - very solid (it ain't light...) build, big boingy springs in battery sled... they seem to have adjusted the battery door issues that were mentioned in early reviews - door seems secure and stays put with no issues thus far...

As is often the case, the de-structions that were included are somewhat sparse, though there are some decent vids out there on menu navigation and features - some useful 'shortcuts' built in so that you can turn BT on/ off, change mode, change draw style without actually having to go into menus/ submenus...

Started off using the freemax starre pro on it - no issues at all - digging the memory mode (16 presets, in 10w increments from 10w - 160w and they are adjustable - have my first couple set for 22, 25, 35, 45, 50 for commonly used wattages for my tanks/ rdas)... the led is cute (a little gimmicky, sure... but still mildly sexay - and the multiple modes is a fun feature - not useful, really, but fun)...

have not tried TC on it yet - need to throw a TC coil in my Freemax and give it a whirl (was using a .25 ohm kanthal coil)... so, I am no help there yet, lol (though reviews seem to indicate it works as intended - as opposed to the wonked out TC on the Smok M80)...

the Bluetooth app is... interesting... not much info on using the features via the app - some of it is pretty self explanatory, some is not... I have not had any problems with it, just not sure how useful it is (don't get me wrong, it's spiffy and all, but again more of a 'fun' feature thus far than actually useful)...

Screen display is good (a little tightly packed with info and icons, but not overwhelmingly so - and the menu navigation/ submenu navigation is good - very tweakable, settings-wise

Really like the firing bar, though out of the box, it was a bit stiff, it has started to get 'broken in' a bit with some use and is a good bit smoother than it was - which is good, since it is used for powering on/ off and menu navigation - also have some interesting features/ shortcuts available when you 'lock' the device (5 clicks) - date/ time/ puff counter...

All things being equal - $70 VERY well spent in my opinion thus far - very much enjoying using this beast - will try to get some pix up later also :)

vape on!
Thanks for the info, I was so close to ordering this when I pre ordered my SMOK TFV4 as they offered it in a complete kit but I was put off it for some reason, is it heavier than the SnowWolf, I have gotten used to it now but still, it's a heavy mod.. Must look cool at night vaping though, I'd have it on strobe effect to annoy the wife haha, I love her but I do like to tease her..
Maybe the battery door is hit and miss..

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
here is the x cube II wearing a freemax starre pro next to the disrupter (with full size subtank+) on the left and smok m80 (for scale) on the right

really enjoying vaping on this setup - next couple days at work are bonkers, will try to test drive the TC friday or saturday

2015-07-28%2017.05.14_zpspkzhzm2k.jpg

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
It looks extremely interesting, despite the weight. And by the way, love the "ecf" Disruptor, dcfluegel. Where can I get one of those? :)
the disrupter is from the giveaway/ contest going on right now - i was fortunate enough to be an early winner - got it in the mail monday :)

Reactions: Hitcat44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread